Postings by Max

GO!

(Page 1 of 59: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > advice on caring for wounded dog (in 3rd world)
Max

Leisure Dog- Extraordinare!

Barked: Fri Mar 11, '11 2:49pm PST 
Poor little Sponge!

Yes, it's possible that the urinating on her bed was from the sedation. Two of my foster dogs wet the bed after being fixed as a result of the anesthesia.

If it were me, I'd keep the wounds & stiches dry rather than clean them just now. Hopefully the antibiotic will help her fight off any nasty organisms that are on them.

I'm no expert, but I think not eating might slow down her digestive system. I'd keep feeding her if she's hungry & take her out regularly, just as you have been. Seems like eventually she'll have to go. Was the vet concerned about the amount of time that it's been since she's gone?

Good luck to Sponge. I hope she gets better soon! hug
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by nina, Mar 13 10:42 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Would it work?
Max

Barked: Mon Nov 1, '10 5:05pm PST 
Trixie - I know this is an old thread, but I haven't been on in a while & just saw it. Ridgebacks are not known for same-sex aggression. In fact, I know many people who have more than one male & they do just fine.

That being said - I have always thought the male/female combination works the best, too.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Trixie Bean!, Nov 2 7:19 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > What breeds do you think Riley is?

Max

Barked: Mon Nov 1, '10 4:58pm PST 
He does look a lot like a Ridgeback, maybe mixed with Lab. That whitening of the face is very common in older Ridgies. Max is starting to get some. Makes him look distinguished!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Hershey Bear, Nov 8 5:31 pm

Puppy Place > PUPPIES

Max

Barked: Thu Sep 9, '10 1:15pm PST 
Oh my gosh, those are all so cute! I'm getting serious puppy fever. shock
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Marty , Sep 13 12:24 am

Puppy Place > PUPPIES

Max

Barked: Thu Sep 9, '10 1:12pm PST 
Here's one for all of the Labrador lovers (or just puppy lovers in general!)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re7fErOQsh4
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Marty , Sep 13 12:24 am

Puppy Place > PUPPIES
Max

Barked: Thu Sep 2, '10 2:23pm PST 
This one's really cute! It should be required watching for anyone considering breeding Ridgebacks - or owning more than one puppy at a time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UDjT5oORAs
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by Marty , Sep 13 12:24 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Crying my eyes out- need someone to talk to.

Max

Barked: Thu Jun 24, '10 1:02pm PST 
I'm so sorry that happened. cry There's no way to know whether Jindal would have lived or not. As much as you wanted to help him, you might not have been able to save him anyway. He's not suffering any more, and that's good. hughug

I think that Parvo can live in your house for quite some time, so you might think about waiting for 6 months before fostering a puppy or unvaccinated dog again. I'm sure your adult dogs will be fine, though. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Moose, Jun 28 2:45 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Recipes!!!

Max

Barked: Thu Jun 17, '10 4:45pm PST 
Thanks for sharing, you guys!

I've been cooking for my dogs on & off for a while, too. Do your dogs do OK w/ that much liver & kidney in the recipe? I always thought those organs should comprise only 5-10% of the total amount of meat fed.

One other question - Do you follow the recommended amts on the container of bonemeal or calcium supplement, or just do a dry measure per the recipe? I know that different calcium sources provide different ratios of calcium to phosphorus, so one type might require that you add more than another type. Do these recipes account for that as well?
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Dustin, Jun 21 3:17 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Tell me all about the Sloughi, Azawakh and Rhodesian Ridgeback.

Max

Barked: Mon Jun 14, '10 11:42am PST 
You've gotten some pretty accurate information so far, Tyler!

Ridgebacks are, indeed, independent, but extremely loyal. They don't bark unnecessarily. They're very loving and affectionate to their owners, but can be aloof with strangers. They prefer to watch people for a while, and then seek attention on their terms! These are not wiggly, "pet me", types in general - but they can be very friendly sometimes, too.

Ridgies are generally good with other dogs when well socialized (Max loves little dogs!), and are quiet in the house. They can also exercise with the best of them. And the nail thing is OH SO TRUE!! We do manage, but every Ridgeback I've ever met HATES to have its nails done!

By the way - this is a female-dominated breed! The males are typically described by their owners as "sweet", but the females are the ones in charge. wink Like all sighthounds, off-lead activity is not recommended. They will be off in a flash if they see something they want to chase, and often won't even hear you calling them.

Dermoid sinus can be detected when the dogs are pups. Be sure to ask any breeder whether their pups have been tested. It can be a very serious condition.
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Hawk, Jun 28 10:06 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Marine in afghanistan, my dog needs a sponsor
Max

Barked: Sun Jun 6, '10 12:51pm PST 
Great news, Kyle! Keep us posted.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Max, Jun 6 12:51 pm

(Page 1 of 59: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.