Close X

Postings by Murphy

GO!

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

Dog Health > heart murmur & enlarged heart, meds?
Murphy

Dogs are angels- with fur!

Barked: Fri Jul 15, '16 8:33pm PST 
Hi, just read your pm and responded so check back. Sorry realized you sent this two weeks ago, I don't check on here too often and am not emailed when I have a message so just happened to check and saw your message. Let me know if interested, I sent you the details.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Thu 2:09 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Never Saying Goodbye
Murphy

Barked: Sun Jul 10, '16 2:32pm PST 
I will never say goodbye to my Murphy who passed away last week, because he will always be with me in spirit and in my heart. I cannot say goodbye because without him I am not whole.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Jax (earned her wings 5/30/12), Jul 11 4:06 am

Murphy

Barked: Sun Jul 10, '16 2:28pm PST 
Haven't received any pms from anyone but you are welcome to email me at abda0577@yahoo.com. My vet will only take the meds back as donation, legally they cannot resell anything only give away, also they cannot tell me names of other with heart disease so I could try to sell to them. Have over $100 dollars of meds and woudl luv to get some money for them especially the vetmedin but if I cannot sell will donate.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Thu 2:09 pm

Murphy

Barked: Wed Jun 29, '16 4:53pm PST 
Hi I have previously responded to you on this post and have an update. My beautiful Murphy passed away last night, his heart finally failed and he couldn't breath well anymore along with lots of fluid in his lungs. But I have to say when he was diagnosed they pretty much told me he would probably pass really soon. I had 7 more wonderful months with him and I credit the meds for that. I wanted to let you know I am trying to sell the extra Vetmedin, lasix and benazipril I have left over, much cheaper than you would pay at the Vet. I too have finance issues, unemployed for 3 years so I need to try to get some money back for the meds, otherwise I would give away. Let me know if interested
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Thu 2:09 pm

Murphy

Barked: Fri Jun 10, '16 8:38am PST 
Hi my dog was diagnosed with heart disease in Dec. 2015, not in late stage but has slight heart murmur had the coughing and trouble breathing. They prescribed him VetMedin, it is not just for late stage! He is also on furosemide, benazepril, spirolactone and a supplement of Taurine which is good for the heart. Dogs with heart problems almost always need more than one medication and my Vet told me out of all of these the Vetmedin is the most important one. FYI if you do buy this the best place to get it is on ABC Pet Meds, a canadian online vet which sells the pills for half the price that they do in the states, they sell the generic pimobendan which is exactdly the same thing. By the way, he is doing great on the medicine!
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Thu 2:09 pm

Dog Health > Senior dog with heart murmur, second opinion?
Murphy

Barked: Sat Jan 9, '16 2:11pm PST 
Hi, just wanted to add my two cents, my dog Murphy who is 12 1/2 was just diagnosed with DCM Dialated Cardiomyopathy which first sign is usually a heart murmur. My Vet didn't hear a murmur ever and even before the Echo but the cardiologist did, and Murphy had no other signs of hearts disease other than coughing especially after drinking water. He is diabetic also so sometimes symptons get mixed up but when he started coughing and gagging more I got worried and took him in for XRays and they did a EchoCardiogram and they did hear a small murmur and saw enlarged heart. DCM comes out of nowhere and when the symptons get worse is when it is usually diagnosed. I would suggest keeping a close eye on him for changes and if gagging continues or gets worse maybe consider XRays or Echo. I am not an expert just sharing my story with you. Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Lucas (My Gentle Angel), Jan 11 10:38 pm

Dog Health > Senior dog with heart murmur, second opinion?

Murphy

Barked: Sat Jan 9, '16 11:28am PST 
Hi, just wanted to add my two cents, my dog Murphy who is 12 1/2 was just diagnosed with DCM Dialated Cardiomyopathy which first sign is usually a heart murmur. My Vet didn't hear a murmur ever and even before the Echo but the cardiologist did, and Murphy had no other signs of hearts disease other than coughing especially after drinking water. He is diabetic also so sometimes symptons get mixed up but when he started coughing and gagging more I got worried and took him in for XRays and they did a EchoCardiogram and they did hear a small murmur and saw enlarged heart. DCM comes out of nowhere and when the symptons get worse is when it is usually diagnosed. I would suggest keeping a close eye on him for changes and if gagging continues or gets worse maybe consider XRays or Echo. I am not an expert just sharing my story with you. Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Lucas (My Gentle Angel), Jan 11 10:38 pm

Dog Health > has anyone had to have there dogs teeth extracted

Murphy

Barked: Mon Sep 22, '14 11:16pm PST 
Hi, Murphy has had 12 teeth extracted, actually 4 in the back were so loose they kind of fell out on their own. He is 11 and has had problems with his teeth since I adopted him at 4 mos. He does fine without the teeth since when he eats his kibble he never chewed before and I give him soft treats to eat, he can eat Milk Bone type biscuits also. No problems with the procedure and he recovered quickly so no problems after either. If you need any more info let me know.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Fritz, Dec 1 8:25 pm

Dog Health > CASE REPORT: LARYNGEAL PARALYSIS

Murphy

Barked: Tue Aug 12, '14 8:36pm PST 
Just a heads up on Benadryl, I tried this on Murphy with the correct dosage for his weight, he was on for about 4 days and then he started having bloody noses. This is a side effect of too much Benadryl for people and dogs. The anthistamine dries out the nose and can cause bleeding. I had to stop using it because of this side effect. As soon as I stopped no more bloody noses at all so I know it was the Benadryl.
[notify]
» There has since been -3 posts. Last posting by Murphy, Aug 12 8:36 pm

Dog Health > Rhinoscope, anyone have one done on their dog?
Murphy

Barked: Mon Jul 28, '14 4:30pm PST 
Hi, Murphy might need a rhinoscope, he is having nasal issues. Was wondering if anyone had experience with this and how it went. Also can you tell me approximately how much it is going to cost, want to get some kind of idea how much I need to save. Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Jasper (1998~2016), Jul 29 7:37 am

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.