Postings by Murphy

GO!

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

Dog Health > has anyone had to have there dogs teeth extracted
Murphy

Dogs are angels- with fur!

Barked: Mon Sep 22, '14 11:16pm PST 
Hi, Murphy has had 12 teeth extracted, actually 4 in the back were so loose they kind of fell out on their own. He is 11 and has had problems with his teeth since I adopted him at 4 mos. He does fine without the teeth since when he eats his kibble he never chewed before and I give him soft treats to eat, he can eat Milk Bone type biscuits also. No problems with the procedure and he recovered quickly so no problems after either. If you need any more info let me know.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Toto, CD, RN, CGC, Wed 5:01 am

Dog Health > CASE REPORT: LARYNGEAL PARALYSIS
Murphy

Barked: Tue Aug 12, '14 8:36pm PST 
Just a heads up on Benadryl, I tried this on Murphy with the correct dosage for his weight, he was on for about 4 days and then he started having bloody noses. This is a side effect of too much Benadryl for people and dogs. The anthistamine dries out the nose and can cause bleeding. I had to stop using it because of this side effect. As soon as I stopped no more bloody noses at all so I know it was the Benadryl.
[notify]
» There has since been -3 posts. Last posting by Murphy, Aug 12 8:36 pm

Dog Health > Rhinoscope, anyone have one done on their dog?

Murphy

Barked: Mon Jul 28, '14 4:30pm PST 
Hi, Murphy might need a rhinoscope, he is having nasal issues. Was wondering if anyone had experience with this and how it went. Also can you tell me approximately how much it is going to cost, want to get some kind of idea how much I need to save. Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Jasper, Jul 29 7:37 am

Dog Health > Frontline Stopped Working...How Long Before I Can Apply Advantix?

Murphy

Barked: Mon Jul 21, '14 11:21pm PST 
Yes it does get into the bloodstream so I would go ahead and at least wait 3 weeks before applying the Advantix to be on safe side. I had the same issue with Frontline Plus stopped working so I went to K9 Advantix, much better but you do need to apply the dose one per month so you would be applying 12 doses not 6 and the same should have been with the Frontline Plus.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Murphy, Jul 21 11:21 pm

Dog Health > laryngeal paralysis info needed

Murphy

Barked: Thu Jul 17, '14 5:49pm PST 
Was wondering if anyone had experience of this and what your dogs symptons were. Murphy is diabetic since 2013 and lately he has been having a lot of gagging especially after drinking water, not when he eats. He is also snorting a lot and sounds almost like he has flem in his throat sometimes. He gets really tired when walking and pants a lot but that could also be from diabetes. I am just a little worried as I looked into laryngeal paralysis and he seems to have some of the symptons. Thanks for any info you can pass along.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Nick, Jul 17 7:33 pm

Dog Health > Diabetes
Murphy

Barked: Fri Feb 21, '14 4:38pm PST 
My dog Murphy also has diabetes, you do not have to feed them a special diet if the dog food you are feeding them is high grade, which ours is. Get a glucose meter if you can, the best one is AlphaTrak 2. Check out the k9diabetes.com site lots of info on there for you. Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Pharaoh (In Memory), Feb 26 8:15 am

Dog Health > canine diabetes

Murphy

Barked: Mon Feb 17, '14 7:15pm PST 
Murphy 10 years old, 60 lbs was diagnosed May 2013 and it has been and uphill battle since. He is still not regulated, started at 15 units twice a day and now up to 23 units, his numbers are as high as 450 and the lowest they go are 150. He is going blind with cataracts which is very common with diabetes and not much you can do about them, he has neuropathy in back legs which is also common with diabetes, the high sugar attacks nerves in back legs, same thing happens in people. He is on dry kibble, Blue Buffalo and the Vet said keep him on that since it's a good food. I do a curve at home every month with the AlphaTrak 2 which is the best glucose meter to use for dogs, need only a tiny pin size drop of blood to test and he doesn't even feel the prick. All I can tell you is hang in there and take one day at a time. Murphy is doing ok but I would feel better if I could get his numbers down which we are still trying to do. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Murphy, Feb 17 7:15 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Deramaxx adverse effects

Murphy

Barked: Thu Oct 24, '13 4:45pm PST 
I'm sorry to hear about your dog, but this doesn't happen to all dogs taking Deramaxx. Murphy has been on it for some time now but a low dosage and he hasn't had any problems at all, he takes half a 75 mg pill every day. I have not heard anyone else having problems with Deramaxx and Vets are usually in tune to this, they wouldn't prescribe it if it was harmful to dogs. Of course just like flea meds and other meds some dogs react badly to them just like humans do. Good luck to you and your dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Vance CGC, Oct 25 6:04 am

Dog Health > Weak Back Legs with Diabetes, Suggestions

Murphy

Barked: Sat Sep 14, '13 7:48pm PST 
Does anyone have problem with weak back legs if their dog has diabetes. I know it is a side effect, but I was wondering do you have any suggestions to strengthen the legs or anything that may help? Murphy isn't in pain but his back legs are getting weaker and I would like to do something to try to strengthen if possible. Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Roman, Sep 17 4:50 pm

Dog Health > K-9 ADVANTIX II IS TERRIBLE
Murphy

Barked: Sat Sep 7, '13 3:12pm PST 
Murphy does great on K9 Advantix and has been on it for quite some time, we changed from Frontline Plus because it wasn't working on him anymore plus he had bad reactions to it but no problems since changing to Advantix. I agree with what everyone else says, all dogs are different and react differently just like people so don't blame the product. Some people are allergic to aspirin but that doesn't mean everyone needs to stop taking it. Adjust medications accordingly to your dogs own needs just like people do.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Aug 20 5:31 pm

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.