Postings by Baxter

GO!

(Page 1 of 26: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > Is there another dog forum we can ALL move to?
Baxter

Wag and Roll

Barked: Thu Jan 30, '14 9:42pm PST 
Tiller I couldn't agree with you more. We have tried a few of the new sites and it seems to be mostly social in all of them. We came to Dogster originally for the education piece and still come for the same reason today. The social part is a "bonus" but most of the education threads stay on topic with a smaller group of people with passion and knowledge about the topic.

When we first started here, there were not even emoticons for the forums other than a few smileys, where these new sites have people adding large animated emoticons, photos, colored text, various fonts, etc. into threads which make them hard to read and to take seriously.

The other large concern is the moderation of the site and forums. We know HQ took this job seriously in the past, I don't know who will be responsible for keeping the community spirit at the new sites. Based on some of the "cat fights" I have witnessed on Facebook over just the creation of P4P it is not looking like a place you will want to post looking for help or advice.

As the owner of mixed breeds, I am struggling to find another forum that focuses on health, feeding, law type dog topics without the breed specific parts, but we are still looking.
[notify]
» There has since been 81 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Feb 19 10:27 pm

Baxter

Wag and Roll

Barked: Mon Jan 27, '14 7:21am PST 
Thank you Bunny, I appreciate your message hug
[notify]
» There has since been 171 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Feb 19 10:27 pm

Baxter

Wag and Roll

Barked: Sun Jan 26, '14 7:13pm PST 
I think Dogster/Catster are different things for different people, and for me I have not seen one new site that will be what Dogster was for me. I have joined several of these sites and Facebook pages and groups and have already seen so much arguing. Everyone wants something different and I do feel bad for those trying to make a site to fit the needs.

For me, Dogster was a place to learn from the time we started in 2005. Dogster was a place to talk about and get support from others on dog specific issues - illnesses, food and nutrition, rescue, dog laws...a community to learn from. Sure, we left gifts for our pals and went to our share of parties, but really the educational part was what brought us here long after the changes were made that took a lot of the socializing out for us and many of our friends.

What I don't see happening for these new sites is any rules or responsible people that will make sure the community issues are taken care of. There are full time employees that run Dogster/Catster and there are clear ground rules for what can be posted in the forums. What will the rules be for example - fundraising? Selling things? Soliciting? Things we do not deal with here, I have already seen surfacing in some of the new groups. If you wanted to raise funds for a cause you had to have HQ approval here. No one was allowed to market to this community. I am sure the moderators/HQ could make a long list of things that need to be watched on an hourly basis and what it takes to successfully run a community. The Facebook pages have been emotionally charged causing people to leave groups and delete posts. I don't think these new site designers are going to be able to monitor the community in a way that will eliminate these issues, at least to start.

I wish everyone the best in finding a place that fulfills what Dogster/Catster are for them personally and also wish the best to the new site designers that are trying to fulfill the many needs.hug
[notify]
» There has since been 174 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Feb 19 10:27 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > if you would like wings

Baxter

Wag and Roll

Barked: Mon Jan 20, '14 10:49am PST 
Kenzie's is working fine, he file path for MacKenzie's is - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/deffin/mackinzy_zps6ee87fbb.g if

The file path for Baxter's is - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/deffin/baxterb_zps7d5388e3.jp g

Could you check and see if it is a GIF in your photobucket? Maybe you can just give me the link and I can download the GIF from there? Thanks Alice, it means a lot to me.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Jun 1 1:18 pm

Baxter

Wag and Roll

Barked: Sun Jan 19, '14 3:57pm PST 
Alice thank you for giving Baxter and MacKenzie their wings, I love them! Baxter's are not animated (downloading as a JPG where Kenzie's are a GIF), are they supposed to be or no? Just want to check on that, either way they are great.little angel
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Jun 1 1:18 pm

Baxter

Wag and Roll

Barked: Sat Jan 18, '14 9:45am PST 
Hi Alice, yes I know it is shutting down, the wings photos to me are more than just for Dogster, I would like to be able to have them to be able look at anytime I want to remember my Bridge angels. If you are willing I would appreciate one for Baxter and MacKenzie. Thank you. little angel
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Jun 1 1:18 pm

Baxter

Wag and Roll

Barked: Thu Jan 16, '14 2:25pm PST 
Hi Alice, not sure if you are still doing angel wings but I would love for Baxter and MacKenzie to get their wings. Thank you.
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Jun 1 1:18 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > Sally- Sassy's Mommy

Baxter

Wag and Roll

Barked: Fri Dec 10, '10 4:44pm PST 
Whoa....we certainly walked in on some dance party! Just checking in to make sure you all got an update...."go time" any time now...

Let see if I know what to do here....I never danced like this before, but Sully, Socks, Flicka and Lucas look like they know what they are doing so I will follow along!

snoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopyJamba!!! Watch your toes with my wheels please!

Sending hugs to you all!!snoopysnoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 229 posts. Last posting by ♥ DarlaMae ♥, May 23 12:57 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > DALEBO need's your Prayers too.

Baxter

Wag and Roll

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 9:30am PST 
We are sending POTP Dale Bo, to you and your Momma.

I have been in my cart for almost 2 years now, if you need any help or suggestions with that please let us know. If there is a place nearby that does hydrotherapy we strongly suggest trying it, we have been very successful with it and it provides great exercise while being very gentle on your muscles and joints.

Sending much love!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by ♥ DarlaMae ♥, Nov 6 2:00 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > POP fur Willie!!
Baxter

Wag and Roll

Barked: Fri Oct 15, '10 11:22am PST 
We will miss you Willie, you have been the bestest friend to us for many years.

We know that there were many angel pals there to greet you, it comforts us to know you will be with some very special pups, and you will live forever in our hearts.

Godspeed sweet boy, we love you.hug
[notify]
» There has since been 33 posts. Last posting by ♥ DarlaMae ♥, Nov 16 12:09 pm

(Page 1 of 26: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.