Postings by Sarge

GO!

(Page 1 of 234: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Wed Oct 22, '14 3:03am PST 
hi all, rainy here and not warm. got a dent in the refrig and went to get dry ice to see if it would come out - it didn't totally. So looks a little better though.

Tonight is our dinner that got confused before. I bought a Ultimate Chocolate Cake for desert. Tom has to take car for oil change and inspection. I'll walk Abby.

Got up too early, read the clock wrong and decided to stay up.

Our neighbor dad's funeral Monday, nice brunch and they put containers to take things home - son of the grandfather who passed made up packages with the pastries. I said that we have been to weddings that was not as well planned out.

Uncle Frank still has feeding tube, hard for him to talk - I talk to one of the 3 people that take turns being with him at the hospital. He is in a chair, which is good.

Hope you see your friend, Anniemom. And the cake is all gone now. Our scale was out of battery and I was afraid to get on it, but had actually lost a pound or so. The doctor said the D level would drop as the darker days. And Red blood count would keep check on it.

Hard to think it will be Halloween next week. This year has gone so fast.

The growing season must be slowing for your mowing, Flickamom. How is the neighbor that you visit every day?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Sarge, Today 3:03 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Mon Oct 20, '14 2:52am PST 
Glad your company had a good visit and way to go for Flicka. Our Bills won by 1 point - in the very last second of the game! It was pretty slow for a while. Had wonderful fall day to go to the game here, those who went.

Anniemom, enjoyed your lunch I am sure. And it's interesting how different places have little color change - like Florida, looks pretty much year round. Glad the girls are enjoying their bikes so much, I remember the freedom I Felt to be able to get on my bike and ride, if even down the street. How is your friend, did you see her?

Talked to my 'uncle' Frank, he cannot hear well, and has a feeding tube, but was sitting in a chair, bless his heart.

Going to the Prayers for our neighbor, probably not the Mass or breakfast. Sarge is very slow and is feeling better, but not his usual self. I have my last Run tonight at the Bike Path, and will be sad, 6 months of seeing all. Our party is next Monday.

Still cleaning dust, Tom is getting rid of alot of things in the dumpster, it will be taken away today.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Sarge, Today 3:03 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Sun Oct 19, '14 3:03am PST 
partyparty Happy Birthday, Anniemom's Son, Randy! partyparty What a nice celebration, love Carrubbas and Baskin Robin's - so good! It is hard to think how time passes - he is 40, and has a very wonderful career and activities. So glad he is with you. Many are finding it too difficult to live separately, with jobs coming and going, plants folding and economy, makes good sense. We have 2 bedrooms that are open for family any time they are needed.

Didn't get on Dogster yesterday as started early to clean some of the dust and put things back - when I get the interest to do things, have to act on it! Still moldings and other things to be finished and lots to be sorted through.

Flickamom hoping your company having a good time and their team won! cheer Tom will watch Bills play today at 1:00 PM.

Went to our neighbor's (dad's) wake last night. Doubt I will get to the funeral tomorrow, am really tired out and have last running group tomorrow night. Our Season Party is next Monday night. Missed this past week due to the upheaval here and I think it was raining.

Sarge is not feeling great, he threw up and has had 'gas' all night. I gave him Pepcid AC and hope he will be better. The doctor appt. was good, Anniemom, on Friday. My primary has to review the testing that was done as he noted Vitamen D - was very very high, which also is not good. RBC was low. Can't win.

Rainy and cold here - trees are beautiful but won't last with the wind and rain. Colors from pink to pale gold - just incredible. Loved Snow's light pictures, nature is so amazing.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Sarge, Today 3:03 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Fri Oct 17, '14 2:52am PST 
morning, rain today - have appt. to see about low red blood count. Also insurance has to be straightened out. Talked to the aide for 'uncle Frank' - he cannot swallow nor is he outputting fluids, both a concern, they were running tests. Tom said maybe from the anesthetic. I'll call the hospital later this afternoon.

Hope your company has a wonderful time and that the team wins way to go I guess I knew you were a dental tech, Flickamom. Implant went well, although sore as the gum line is still healing from the lazer. That person truly was not good at what she did. Tom is healing, too, he went to his mother's to do bills and I went with Rob for lunch at the mall. haven't seen him in a few weeks. Got us out of the house while they worked on the floors. Going to finish today, they are hoping.

Reunion is in W Va and never been. Every 2 years. Seemed sad to go back there and how fast the time has passed. I just have a way that I like to remember as things were, my parents were with me then, and a wonderful 3 years there. They met in Lewisburg, she was at the jr. college for women and he was at the military academy.

Sarge's eyes have improved with the compounded drops, they help produce tears for the dry eye.
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Sarge, Today 3:03 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Thu Oct 16, '14 2:02am PST 
River, hope all is well with you and family and enjoying the fall. Bet it is beautiful in Canada - we loved our trips to Peterborough for years. It is colorful here, but the winds are taking the leaves down. Gardens are all closed up, but I still have my potted gerberas and a few things growing.

Anniemom, a bakers cyst is just fluid - probably a compress would help it. Glad to hear things are calming with your son and family.

Flickamom, Unfortunately, Tom's bridge was 3 teeth which are now gone, the tooth was the anchor. Pain subsidding, though. Sorry to hear of Jay's crown, the cement can be so strong. Your company will come tomorrow.

I am tired, but go early to bed and then I wake up and decide to get up and have coffee. Implant doctor and final bridge today. That was a bad memory and glad to have behind me.

Going to call Uncle Frank today, or at least the hospital. Those little towns know everyone in them and are very good about taking care of their people. Maybe his friend will be there and I can talk to him if not Frank.

Went to order a small basket for our neighbor whose dad passed and stopped in the gift shop next door. Never was in it and what a little jewel. She also does lovely pencil drawings - people but not pets, too. And has some consignment things. Turns out we both know a sweet lady at the dog park whose cancer returned - actually it is her neighbor.
Too much of this horrible disease.

My reunion is this weekend, again I won't be there. The floors are coming along though and I cleaned the cabinet off that had many 'knickknacks' and packed away.
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Sarge, Today 3:03 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Wed Oct 15, '14 2:05am PST 
dog walkbig hug Welcome River! welcome so glad to see you! Well the day was full of things. Tom went to dentist, the root had large absess and was under the 3 tooth bridge. The dentist I see works at Roswell, and he removed the tooth, looking to see if anything suspicious looking (to him) Tom sees another dentist same group. He was very sore but relief to remove it. Then called from an aide of my 'uncle Frank 102" - fell leaving PT and broke femur - operating yesterday. She said what an amazing man, cooks for himself, goes to 'gym' and keeps busy. Then, the neighbor's dad passed on, too. So not uplifting day at all. Our neighbors, who lost their daughter earlier in the summer, are leaving today. I am taking care of the plant she received for her daughter, hope I don't ruin it.

I think I have a "bakers cyst" behind my knee. And turns out my red blood count is very low, will see that dr. on Friday. Maybe why I am so tired and cold, not from the thyroid. I remember Jay's friends from last year visit - they went on their own pretty much. She is the Marathon runner? Good that you don't have to cook, Flickamom, take it easy.

Raining now, very humid yesterday. Moving along slow w/floor as some boards are not up to standard. Will be good to be done.

Anniemom, how are son and family? Sounds as they are under less stress. Always thinkings good thoughts for them. Is Jim still going to his meetings?
[notify]
» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by Sarge, Today 3:03 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Tue Oct 14, '14 3:35am PST 
morning, hope all have a good day. They started laying the floor, we cleaned for 2 hours, but will still have someone come in to help. I didn't go to my run last night, just tired out. Tom's tooth was really bothering him. Has an appt. on Thursday, but called and they are taking him in this morning. It is a cavity under a Maryland bridge, found on the panorama xray. With his history, the teeth can be tricky spots. Glad he'll go and see. He is not a complainer, so I know it was hurting.

Flickamom, beautiful pictures, and what a lovely home they have. Nice ranch. So glad you could go and have a good time and the merry go round is just beautiful.

Anniemom, hoping your bruising is clearing a little for you, too.

Did I tell you my friend at the store I like so much, SteinMart, had been having stomach issues for years, really. Tests and tests. She left early the one day I stopped and next time I went, she had surgery and had died. I was just stunned. Why all those years and nothing was found. Knew her since the store opened 14 years ago.

Neighbor's father is in Hospice now. They couldn't manage care at home and he needs dialysis 3 times a week as well.

I am leaving the Dogster pics alone, it needs to be weeded out, but won't start till things straighten out.

Slept pretty well last night, read a little and fell asleep early. Hugs to all flowers
[notify]
» There has since been 27 posts. Last posting by Sarge, Today 3:03 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Mon Oct 13, '14 3:28am PST 
morning, you are right Flickamom, this will be a memory in time. They have dragged it on, and that is the problem really. Anyhow, we will send a picture when all done - my pictures are to their limit, have to start to delete some.

The weather has been beautiful - no rain. Worked the paw park yesterday and enjoyed that. Took Sarge over later while Bills game was on and not busy with big dogs. He sits and watches the little part with the puppies and smaller dogs playing.

Hoping the bruising is clearing - remember Arnica! way to go And glad the girls and dad had such a fun and nice meal at the BBQ!

Flickamom, take it easy, and don't overdo. Things will be slowing up, I would imagine, with growing season.

C & T over last night, brought Tom a golf marker from Torrey Pines, he was thrilled, and a lovely handmade vase - small - for us from the Grand Canyon.

well, hoping today the last of the grinding of the tile - our cabinets are all set on top of the finished tile floor, so it has to be cut close to them to get it all out as going under the cabinets. Nothing was easy about this. They did alot on Friday, that was very encouraging. Most tile floors are laid after the cabinets, so just up to them and easier to remove.
[notify]
» There has since been 30 posts. Last posting by Sarge, Today 3:03 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Sun Oct 12, '14 3:00am PST 
Morning all, had a cold night here, brought in my gerbera daisies still blooming. And my plant from the Paw Park that I won. There is a work session at 10 - I'll go awhile as it is shoveling pea gravel and about an hour is all I can do. Gym yesterday, good aerobics instructor. Need to go more than Sat. though to make a difference.

Flickamom, should be back to normal already with house and all. Bet the boys were blue dog to see you! I know our 2 are confused with all this going on, not sure where they should fit in, you can see it in their eyes. That's why I am hoping the end of tile cutting in tomorrow, needs a special tool and then can start the laying of the floor. That's the fun part. Have implant appt. on Thursday and dr. appt. on Friday. cancelled the one on Tuesday, though.

Guessing the C & T home last night at 11 arrival. A late flight through Chicago. We always took earlier flights home and got back and unpacked. They have today to get figured for Monday work. Bills are playing here and will be on tv.

Where did you go for lunch, Anniemom? Did Jim go - you said son.

Have a good day all, the days are getting shorter already.
[notify]
» There has since been 33 posts. Last posting by Sarge, Today 3:03 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Fri Oct 10, '14 3:16am PST 
morning, won't get up to see computer til later as they are working in hall/kitchen - took Sarge to T & C's house afternoon to get out of the dust. Tom will take Abby to his mother's later today. It is truly a demolition and not a remodeling. I wonder why I thought it wouldn't be so messy. Well, they said next week before they will be finished, it is slow go.

Flickamom hoping you are home and know that the 3 boys were all happy to see you! Vacations are wonderful but always nice to get home.

Love your gifts, Anniemom, they are perfect! Nostalgia and also the book is so nice to have. We had a guinea pig, so I know how you felt about the bunny. Shows thought and memories for all your things. big hug

Got to get a move on, they came late yesterday as dumpster wasen't here. Wish they could work on the weekend and get the dust part over. I think we will need a cleaning service to do it, it is truly unreal.
[notify]
» There has since been 38 posts. Last posting by Sarge, Today 3:03 am

(Page 1 of 234: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.