Postings by Rocky

GO!

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

Dog Health > flea and tick prevention
Rocky

SQUIRREL!!

Barked: Tue Jun 4, '13 3:44am PST 
In your opinion, what brand works best? We used to use advantage but either I just realized that it doesn't project against ticks or they changed it. I need something that projects against both.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Scruffy (R.I.P.), Jun 4 8:47 am

Food & Nutrition > Buy Dog food Online
Rocky

SQUIRREL!!

Barked: Mon Mar 25, '13 1:04pm PST 
Wag.com is great. That's what we use. Shipping is free for orders over $50 and usually arrive the next day for us. I also agree that you should check into taste of the wild. Decent food at a decent price.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Cookie, Apr 17 2:21 pm

Food & Nutrition > Buy Dog food Online

Rocky

SQUIRREL!!

Barked: Mon Mar 25, '13 12:59pm PST 
Wag.com is great. That's what we use. Shipping is free for orders over $50 and usually arrive the next day for us. I also agree that you should check into taste of the wild. Decent food at a decent price.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Cookie, Apr 17 2:21 pm

Dog Health > Crab walking

Rocky

SQUIRREL!!

Barked: Fri Mar 15, '13 4:19am PST 
Rocky does that too lol. But he also tends to squat with one back leg sticking up forward in front of his front legs. It's probably just what feels comfortable to them at the time lol.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Rocky, Mar 15 4:19 am

Dog Health > lump in his armpit

Rocky

SQUIRREL!!

Barked: Tue Mar 12, '13 6:56am PST 
A couple weeks ago, I noticed Rocky had a lump in his armpit. At first I didn't really worry because he was still recovering from his attack by the neighbors dogs and I thought it was related to that but, now he's completely healed up from that and that lump is still there. He's had one on his side for well over a year which is just a fatty tumor. It hasn't grown or changed at all. Before he went through the ordeal with the neighbors dogs, he seemed to have an ear infection, his breath was getting really bad and he was rubbing his nose on the carpet or with his paws. It seemed to go away while he was on the course of antibiotics for his injuries. But it seems like it's coming back. He's itching his nose and ear again. That in combination with this new lump I'm getting nervous. I can keep his ear and nose under control by cleaning his ear twice a day and giving him a homeopathic ear infection med 4x a day. I'm just wondering if anyone has ever seen this type of thing, if you think the two problems are related, or if you have any thoughts or ideas. Obviously, he needs to go to the vet to get checked out which I'll be taking him soon (income tax return should be here friday) but just looking for some advice. Otherwise, he's happy and healthy. Eats good, plays rough, and takes plenty of naps (he is 9 years old after all)
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Tatonka, Mar 14 12:32 am

Food & Nutrition > Anyone else sick of the food reps?
Rocky

SQUIRREL!!

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '13 10:09am PST 
Last time I ran into a food Rep at petco, the guy offered me a job as a Rep because I knew what I was taking about lol. He was for blue Buffalo but I explained why I only feed nature's variety instinct and he even said how I should keep feeding it. Still tried to push a few products but I he gave up lol.
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by , Feb 20 8:51 pm

Behavior & Training > Training more than one dog

Rocky

SQUIRREL!!

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 3:12pm PST 
Patience and persistence lol. Just make sure to reinforce every good behavior. I thought it would be impossible to do any new training having three dogs but I managed to get some new things taught. It just takes patience and time. As for walking them politely (something I haven't perfected) have them heel, treat, then hold treats at their nose in heel position while you walk. Eventually, tell them to heel and start walking. If they leave heel stop walking and tell them to heel again (reward every time they listen). Eventually they should catch on that if they want to go anywhere, they need to walk politely at your side smile good luck
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Ace, Feb 17 6:17 pm

Behavior & Training > is there anything I should do about this?

Rocky

SQUIRREL!!

Barked: Mon Feb 11, '13 2:51pm PST 
True, the only beatings I saw were during the fights. Once when they were separating the dogs the other day and the day they were helping get the dogs of Rocky (they beat the female with a log). I may still call the animal control after we move of course just in case they can do something and I'll probably call the city's anonymous drug activity hotline. We found a house that we like so hopefully things work out and we'll be out of here in a couple months.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tiller (Skansen's Ira in the M, Feb 11 3:44 pm

Rocky

SQUIRREL!!

Barked: Fri Feb 8, '13 5:42am PST 
Sorry about that, my phone tends to repost things for me. It's annoying. I have every intention of reporting these people but for my own family's safely, it may have to wait till we move. My neighbor saw me looking out the Window. Made eye contact right after they seperated the dogs. There's always a stream of people going in and out of that place. My husband and I have discussed the possibility that they may be drug dealers. Bad situation all around. As much as I hate having to put it off, I can't put my family, my children in danger. The sooner we move, the better.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Tiller (Skansen's Ira in the M, Feb 11 3:44 pm

Rocky

SQUIRREL!!

Barked: Fri Feb 8, '13 3:38am PST 
There is one complication. They know that I know about their dogs obviously but we don't exactly live in a good area of town. I actually fear reporting them that there may be reprocusions (sp?). We're supposed to be moving within the next couple months. Afterwards, I'll gladly report them without fear. I just feel horrible frown
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Tiller (Skansen's Ira in the M, Feb 11 3:44 pm

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.