Behavior & Training > Save this toy! \"4\" Sergeant\'s Buddy\'s Glow Ball\"
♥ The- Golden- Snitch

I have wings &- know how to use- 'em!

Barked: Sun Jan 28, '07 1:10am PST 
Keep the signatures coming everyone, we're getting there! cheer

thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Rosie *FOUND*, Apr 15 4:41 am

Behavior & Training > Why does everyone hate me?
♥ The- Golden- Snitch

Barked: Sun Jan 28, '07 12:50am PST 
From my experience all described on both your dogs female & male 'friends' is just dominate pack behavior. The females are aggressive to tell her she is the bottom of the pack around them & the males (by humping) are saying exactly the same thing. Humping is not always a sexual act, its often times a dominate behavior. Males will hump other males to tell them they are below them in the pack. My male growing up would occasionally try to hump my females head. *rolls eyes* His wires are crossed anyway - which is a different story completely.

I would get your girl into agility. Something that will boost her confidence around other dogs, something that makes her feel good. It might help with the type of signals she sends out to other dogs if she learns to relax around them.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by ♥ The Golden Snitch, Jan 28 12:50 am

Behavior & Training > Introducing other dogs properly...

♥ The- Golden- Snitch

Barked: Sun Jan 28, '07 12:31am PST 
You have to think about this from his level. If the only time he meets other dogs is when he's going to get a shot... I'd be a little anxious too in his position. Have you ever had him in a dog class? I would get him into one, they are great for socialization & it never hurts to warm up the old basics. If you want to go all out, look for a local basic agility class. Your dog would love agility, it is great at building confidence!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Marley, Jan 29 12:52 am

♥ The- Golden- Snitch

Barked: Sat Jan 20, '07 11:37pm PST 
CJ, I believe you are talking about the 'Powzer' toy? I talked about that one in our petition. I won't be buying another, with my furcrew it didn't last more than a couple hours. It isn't worth the money.

Harley, thanks for signing. Pass the word, it's what is most important!

If you know anyone else that likes this toy tell them what's going on so they can sign too. way to go

Thanks everyone,
Trilby; Duchovny, Krycek & The Golden Snitch.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Rosie *FOUND*, Apr 15 4:41 am

♥ The- Golden- Snitch

Barked: Fri Jan 19, '07 6:44pm PST 
Did you sign? Thanks! The more signatures the better!

It would be great for our dogs if this effort works! snoopy

Trilby; Duchovny, Krycek & The Golden Snitch
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Rosie *FOUND*, Apr 15 4:41 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Kicked off the bus!
♥ The- Golden- Snitch

Barked: Thu Mar 16, '06 9:17pm PST 
Ugh, that's awful. I remember reading a post from someone on one of the SD lists a couple years ago, similar thing. They called 911 & the operator on the other end recorded the bus drivers verbal abuse. The whole thing had a hollywood type ending it was great, but my memory is too foggy on the details. I believe the police & bus driver's boss came to the scene & fired him on the spot for his abuse. I've been scanning to find the post to get permission to share the story, but I am having trouble even finding the post (can't even remember which list it was on at the moment. I've been off sick for a week, forgive me) I do hope they get back to you with an apology, say they have educated their drivers & beg for your business again. Good luck!!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Sabrina 2000~2012, Mar 19 6:15 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Ettiquite questions-- make SD teams stand on crowded subways?

♥ The- Golden- Snitch

Barked: Sat Feb 25, '06 1:50am PST 
This is tough, as so many disabilities are invisible. I think out of kindness a seat should have been made available, but since none were I'd give the people in them the benefit of the doubt.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by ♥ The Golden Snitch, Feb 25 1:50 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Avoiding Bumping?

♥ The- Golden- Snitch

Barked: Sat Feb 25, '06 1:44am PST 
I don't want to be negative that isn't my meaning, I just want to ask a question that popped into my head. Wouldn't he be afraid of falling on a possible Service Dog if he is that unstable? The only thing I could think of is maybe looking into a very large breed dog such as a newfoundland or great dane. A dog with a higher shoulder could have the support harness at hands reach at all times, & the bigger body to support a very unstable handler. You have to remember that service dogs are not perfect, nor can we predict what will happen on course in public, mine have bumped into me on occasion.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Lily CGC 2001-2014, Feb 25 6:56 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Fun stuff for SDs

♥ The- Golden- Snitch

Barked: Sat Feb 25, '06 1:32am PST 
We have fun in agility, it helps perfect obedience training in a fun way. Snitch just had his elbow & hip prelims last week. We haven't heard from OFA yet, but all looks good & we see he's finished growing already. We no longer have to take it so easy with agility, now the real fun can begin! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by ♥ The Golden Snitch, Feb 25 1:32 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Service Dog Liability Insurance?
♥ The- Golden- Snitch

Barked: Sun Jan 15, '06 2:35pm PST 
If you do join an organization that claims to have special coverage for Service or Therapy dogs, please do your homework & make sure the coverage is really there before forking over money each year to belong. I fell into a trap years ago, I belonged for two years before finding out there really was no coverage. The organization itself was a sham. Never believe what is said, find out for yourself.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Isaac, Feb 28 7:52 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.