Barked: Sun Feb 16, '14 5:29pm PST 
Neopaws!!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Mar 9 10:10 am

Food & Nutrition > Large Breed Puppy Nutrition
Rundle

Barked: Tue Nov 19, '13 5:48pm PST 
Guest - in reference to your thoughts on glucosamine in puppy food:

First, These supplements do not work in the way that you see to think that they do. They do not harden joints and bones, rather they provide a cushion for the cartilage.
Second, the amounts of these supplements in any dog food, puppy food included, are usually not in amounts high enough to have any therapeutic effect.
Third, I know many people with large breed puppies who supplement regularily with joint supplements with no ill effects or growth problems in their dogs/puppies.
[notify]
» There has since been -1 posts. Last posting by , Nov 25 9:54 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > You're mad at me because he's not a doodle? Really?

Rundle

Barked: Tue Nov 12, '13 4:26pm PST 
Jem, I know someone who breeds labradoodles and she tells her puppy people not to trim until they are 9 months or so or it will ruin their "fleece". I have met many doodles and it has been the rare one that I have actually liked. Most are either super hyper or they are scared of their own shadow.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Nov 17 1:57 am

Dog Health > Interesting view on neutering

Rundle

Barked: Sat Nov 2, '13 12:55pm PST 
I agree Hershey. I took my pup for his first vet visit when he was 10 weeks old and they were already asking me when I wanted to book his neuter appointment. When I said "not anytime soon", I got the whole "it is so much better for them" speech with the usual your dog will get prostate and testicular cancer scare thrown in. They totally ignore the benefits of waiting to neuter (or not neutering) especially in large breed dogs - such as lower incident of ACL issues, osteosarcoma, hemangiosarcoma and thyroid issues. Even some bahaviour issues can be contributed to early spay/neuter.
I wish more vets (and the vet techs) were a bit more flexible in their views - especially with their clients, like myself, who are known to them to be responsible pet owners. But then again, I am the client that probably has the big red X on my file for not following vet advise when it comes to feeding or vaccination protocols.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Nov 2 2:33 pm

Behavior & Training > Aussie pup behavioral issues...

Rundle

Barked: Fri Jul 26, '13 4:44pm PST 
Boot camp?
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jul 27 9:26 am

Raw Food Diet > How long to keep a puppy on chicken.
Rundle

Barked: Wed Jul 3, '13 2:04pm PST 
There shouldn't be any reason you cannot be giving her more variety. Yes, chicken does have more fat but there are other fatty meats such as lamb and duck. Even some cuts of beef can be more fatty. Chicken is a good source of Ca and P for puppies but it is not the most nutritious meat and is lacking in several amino acids. Both Bosley and Rundle were started on raw food at their breeders (different breeders) and both breeders were feeding a variety of meats to the puppies. I continued the same type of feeding and I make sure that Rundle, being a puppy, gets one bone meal a day (usually chicken backs/necks) and then other proteins for the rest of his meals. So far he has had turkey, beef, bison, elk, rabbit, sardines and tripe. I also add offal and eggs a couple meals a week and veggies/fruit/yogurt mix one meal a day. I personally don't worry too much about the fat content as long as I am feeding an appropriate amount of bone for a large breed, fast growing puppy. A well balance raw diet should have sufficient fat for a growing puppy. I am more concerned that he is growing at a steady rate so I weight him every couple days and adjust his food (fat and calorie intake) so that he gains about 2-2.5 pounds a weeks. He eats around 5% of his current body weight.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jul 14 12:11 am

Puppy Place > Introducing........

Rundle

Barked: Mon Jul 1, '13 8:11pm PST 
I went with "Show Me The Bunny" (much to Jewel's disappointment).
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Jul 6 8:53 am

Puppy Place > Introducing........

Rundle

Barked: Mon Jul 1, '13 6:01pm PST 
Rundle!!!!

I finally made Rundle a Dogster profile. Rundle just turned 13 weeks old and is a completely delightful little puppy. Rundle is my new Bernese Mountain Dog puppy and hopeful future performance partner. He is sweet and fun and loves to learn new things.

Here is a little video of some of the training he has been working on:
Rundle Training
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Jul 6 8:53 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.