Postings by Lucy Ribeiro

GO!

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

Service & Therapy Dogs > Need some help for a collage paper
Lucy Ribeiro

Barked: Thu Dec 5, '13 5:40pm PST 
Queen in my opinion and what I personally do for my dog is inside a business or place no play is allowed because she knows inside all business and needs to behave just like a SD and be very predictable. At college however I would put the same exact thing aslong as inside that property no playing should be behaved at all times and focused on work.

Now they should put a fenced in area for a SD to say go inside and use the restroom and pee and Poo however they can do that anywhere but it would be nice to have a designated area for that. I do allow my dog playtime long walks hikes things like that however she knows those times are different. I take my girl to dog parks and hikes and play with her at home aswell she doesnt chase the ball to much unless at home. However when we do go to dog parks she wont leave a 12ft radius away from me because she worries and knows to still maintain a visual on me. Throughout the dog park experience will come back to me and lick me look at me and wait for my response to ensure that I am in fact ok.

I hope this helps.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Beth, Dec 9 11:59 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Really Hiking trails No DOGS Allowed?
Lucy Ribeiro

Barked: Sat Nov 30, '13 3:31pm PST 
Seems a little weird for dogs to not be allowed on hiking trails well except SD's I have no problems taking any and all trails I want with my girl but when I want to have a friend with me tomorrow on a amazing hike on the anniversary of my Accident that nearly took my life and I need there support with me and the place I wanna go picnic and spend time at is the last 1/8th of the trail and its the only part they say no dogs at all except SD's This is one of those times I want to fake a SD for his dog simply so I can get the support I need from him.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lucy Ribeiro, Nov 30 3:31 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Another Suspected Faker

Lucy Ribeiro

Barked: Sat Nov 30, '13 8:38am PST 
See when I notice a poorly trained dog or a dog who is having a bad day I just try to brush it off alert them what there dog is doing but because so many disabilities are invisible you never know what they may have and its not your place to ask or find out. I have also never really considered it a fake but wonder all the time. Its almost impossible to tell who is faking and who is real.

Biggest problem I have ever had was what happened yesterday. I go to Carrows resturant and someone across the way reaches out to pet my dog I say please no she is working I need her to remain in a working frame of mind. They backed up then went in again after I said this there hand touches my dog and I place my hand down and they then go about grabbing my hand with there other hand and pushing it away and reply its ok. No dude it isnt ok I asked you once I shouldnt have to repeat myself nor smack your hand off my dog which was my next step. argghhhh I didnt say that last part.

However I run to my car seconds later to grab my wallet which I forgot oops and my dog kept alerting me I forgot something. However we grab it and then come back inside and a prime example happened my dog saw the guy who said it was ok to pet her and she went over to him. I then said please DO NOT PET MY SERVICE DOG in a stern voice and gave him the example my dog doesnt normally go to people inside businesses with her vest on because she needs to remain working however because you told her it was ok and then pet her now do you see what she is doing. Please ask every team whether you can pet or not. He went quiet.

Its a growing issue whether or not its real or not and it doesnt help some disabilities are invisible like say PTSD or diabetes or siezures. Well until your have a siezure or a panic attack or pass out from low blood sugar
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Harley, SD, CGC, TDI, Jan 6 10:36 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Need opinions please

Lucy Ribeiro

Barked: Sun Nov 24, '13 10:52am PST 
I love the little patches that I found off Ebay has a stop sign on them that says STOP in big red stop sign and then in white just like if your driving and around it says do not pet do not distract. This seems to work as peoples minds are triggered to see a stop sign so they tend to see these more. However I feel that giving a reason seems to help like STOP DO NOT DISTRACT DO NOT PET! Just my two cents goodluck. I am getting a bold lead designs leash myself aswell cant wait.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Charlie Chaplin, Nov 25 4:07 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > We Passed the CGC!

Lucy Ribeiro

Barked: Tue Nov 19, '13 10:47am PST 
Yaaaaay thats awesome. Congrats to both you and your human.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Czarka, CGC UJJ, Nov 22 9:14 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > ABSOLUTELY SICKENING!!!
Lucy Ribeiro

Barked: Thu Nov 14, '13 11:21pm PST 
The sickest thing of all is there has been no official apology nor any aknowledgement this ever happened from US Airways aswell as they have been consistantly posting on there social media page ever since this happened pics of there puppies in flight program and saying how great they are with Service Animals on there planes. Seems very ironic there trying to cover it up absolutely disgusted. I can only imagine someone on a plane not a dog sitting for over a hr and getting restless I mean those seats arent comfy at all well not that much. I got lucky flying with southwest they were super nice about my dog and she slept the whole time or atleast had her head in my lap when I was having a attack from the plane ride and they were nice enough to hold her while I went into the bathroom which they dont have to do at all.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Beth, Nov 15 11:49 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > ABSOLUTELY SICKENING!!!

Lucy Ribeiro

Barked: Thu Nov 14, '13 11:18pm PST 
Not sure if you all heard about this but its truly sickening. I wanna fly on US simply to slap the flight attendant that caused this however I wont because it would bring a bad reputation to all of us however its just sickening. Please everyone dont use US Airways use any other airline that you possibly can not this one. Absolutely horrible.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news%2Floca l%2Flong_island&id=9325237
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Beth, Nov 15 11:49 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > I was in Wal Mart...

Lucy Ribeiro

Barked: Mon Nov 11, '13 10:35am PST 
Wow way to go keeping calm and Harley for staying on point hope he heals up soon and to the woman who said your not disabled and so therefore I can pet just WOW! Never heard that one before and I quite frankly hope i never hear it ever. I just tell people come spend a night with me and my PTSD in my apartment and see what my dog does for me at night and youll rethink your comments. Normally snaps there mind a bit and then they ask what does she do and I will let them know then they just drop there jaw and go OMG and I walk away leaving them to feel like the idiot they are.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Nov 14 3:41 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Anyone know where I can buy one of these

Lucy Ribeiro

Barked: Fri Nov 8, '13 11:32am PST 
Beth I had no clue there was a working dog place to shop at here in LA thats awesome thanks. So far I have been just buying the things I require online. since it isnt the vests and accessories that make the Service Dog its the actual training which she has had. So I need leather only because of the fact I have major neck scaring and something going across my neck has to be leather for greater ease. Atleast this way leather wont hurt me anything like the material they normally use will cause me pain.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Bianca CGC TT HIC Thd ♥, Nov 8 3:53 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Anyone know where I can buy one of these
Lucy Ribeiro

Barked: Fri Nov 8, '13 11:30am PST 
I found a picture of the thing I am looking for however dogster wont post a picture arghhh. I am posting the link so you guys can see what it is im looking for since I cant figure out the name of it. I think its called a Hands free SD lead but not sure. Been looking for one because I use a cane most of the time and going thrhough grocery stores is getting more painful because to grab something involves me dropping my dogs lead to be able to bend and grab something or just grab something.

She is trained to grab things for me but inside stores I dont want her grabbing stuff I dont own only things I own is she grabbing. Having something that could be both hands free and if I want to grab the lead like im walking around somewhere and I can hold her lead I want that capability aswell. The link is below thanks again everyone
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Bianca CGC TT HIC Thd ♥, Nov 8 3:53 pm

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.