GO!

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

Dog Health > CT scan showed SLIGHTLY enlarged thyroid glands - do I do biopsy?
Tyson

Two-Time Cancer- Survivor!

Barked: Thu Nov 7, '13 11:06am PST 
Is anyone else on this thread on FB? If so, I would really love to connect with and keep in touch on there as well. I am practically on there 24/7. Just message me your info and I'll send a friend request!

Scooter - how was your cruise?!?!?! Tell me all about it!

I have 2 great pieces of news to report.

Tyson had his last round of chemo yesterday! partyparty

Secondly, he had his holter monitor on 10/28 an the results came back last Monday 11/4. The dr said they were excellent! It only registered 7 VPC's. Under 100 is "normal" in boxer breeds. So, the heart medicine is clearly working, and working well.

He is still having random bouts of drooling but it's an odd times. By odd, I mean like 9 hours after I give him the heart medicine, at 6:30 pm, 2 hours after he eats. How can I contribute that to his heart medicine?!?!

I leave for my cruise on the 16th and am paranoid to leave him. Like if they cancelled my cruise b/c of problems with the ship, I would jump for joy right now....lol laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Nov 7 12:16 pm

Tyson

Barked: Tue Oct 29, '13 8:37pm PST 
So, after Tyson's vomiting issues 2 weekends ago, and being on anti-nausea meds until yesterday (per the vets instructions), today was his first day without anti-nausea medicine. Tonight, within an hour of me giving him his heart medicine, the drooling began. He did have a morning dose without drooling but he probably still had some of the anti-nausea meds still in his blood stream.

I was adament with the vet when the vomiting occured that his upset stomach was from the new heart medicine but the cardiologist said it should not be making him this sick. So they said to give him the anti-nausea meds zofran ( and cerenia for 4 days) for a week and if he still got nauseous after that, we needed to start exploring other options. WHAT OTHER OPTIONS? How can they be so sure that it's not the heart meds making him sick when the entire time he was on anti-nausea medicine, he was fine?

I am hoping he doesn't throw up tonight. I gave him one of his anti-nausea pills (zofran) as soon as I noticed the drooling (about an hour ago) and left a message for his oncologist tonight to call me.

How am I supposed to go on my cruise in 2 weeks? I know Mom and And my brother will do their best but they probably wouldn't notice his drooling and wouldn't pick up his "signs" of not feeling well like I do. I've been in tears the last hour. frown
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Nov 7 12:16 pm

Tyson

Barked: Sun Oct 27, '13 2:36pm PST 
Flicka - but can I put that on his "red rocket?"
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Nov 7 12:16 pm

Tyson

Barked: Sun Oct 27, '13 12:41pm PST 
Hope you're having a great cruise! Tyson goes tomorrow for his holter.

We went to the vet Sat. They said he had a little blood in his urine and are sending the rest out for a follow up. Also, his "thingy" is very red. So I get the pleasure of putting cream on it 3X a day...which I am finding out is not easy to do and it hurts him.

He also broke off a tooth Friday night. Seriously......... my dog cannot catch a break. The vet said it's the side of a tooth and is hoping it will seal over and not require extraction. I really need to start drinking (have never had one in entire life!)
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Nov 7 12:16 pm

Tyson

Barked: Thu Oct 24, '13 10:04pm PST 
Tell your momma to have a great cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will try and have a good report for you when you return! dancingcheer
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Nov 7 12:16 pm

Tyson

Barked: Tue Oct 22, '13 5:18pm PST 
Not anymore, Bunny. He's been off Pred-nisone for a couple of weeks now thank God!
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Nov 7 12:16 pm

Tyson

Barked: Tue Oct 22, '13 12:56pm PST 
I forgot to post that last night, immediately after we came in from last outs, I was putting some food in his bowl bc I was giving him some meds. I look down, and he's peeing!!!!! He's not even realizing that he's doing it....and we were just outside. My poor baby is getting old. I have noticed that recently when we were outside, that after he marks an area, he'd be dribbling while walking to another spot. Then once or twice while he was on the bed, I'd look and see a few little drips coming out. So I called the vet this morning but no one has called back yet.

Is anyone familiar with whether this is something that can be easily remedied? Maybe with his health issues, it may not be in his case? I thought I read online that if it's just age related, they might just put him on testosterone?

Can't he catch a break? He deserves a trip to a spa...or a vacation!
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Nov 7 12:16 pm

Tyson

Barked: Mon Oct 21, '13 6:38pm PST 
Hello everyone. hughug

Just got home a little bit ago.

The oncologist said that the blood work all came back normal. They gave him fluids and anti-nausea medicine. They gave him all medications that I brought in that he was due for this morning, including the sotalol, and he has not thrown up all day. The Oncologist thinks that adding the new medication on the same day we started his chemo may have just upset his stomach (although I don't know why it manifested for 5 days before he began to vomit). They gave me some cerenia (anti-nausea) to give him once a day for the next 4 days. She said it's not normal for sotalol to cause this much vomiting so if it continues, there may be additional issues we need to investigate. shrug frown

Yes, he has always wanted to eat, just hasn't been able to keep it down. I had them give me some of the canned prescription ID food they fed him today. I'll feed him nothing but the canned food tomorrow and then mix it the next few days.

I hope he'll get used to it like that lab!!!!!

You know, typical day....what's another $380. shock My oncologist is great though - she didn't charge me for a re-check and tries to limit costs where she can b/c she knows how much I have spent in the last few months.

OH, I DID HAVE SOME GOOD NEWS! The oncologist reported that she did not detect a heart arrhythmia today so the medication, even though he hadn't had a dose in the last day b/c he threw it up, must be working. We are still doing the holter next Monday but definitely gives me a little sigh of relief.

Thank you all for always being here for me. You really don't know how much it means to me that I can come here and see your support! hug
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by , Nov 7 12:16 pm

Tyson

Barked: Mon Oct 21, '13 10:12am PST 
Thanks Scooter. I called back at 7 AM and left a message with the Cardiologist (again) and her technician. I got a call back at 9 am by the tech who said the Cardiologist did not feel his nausea was related to the sotalol and they had consulted with Tyson's oncologist and told me to bring him in. So I dropped him off on my way in to work around 10 AM. I was told they would give him fluids to hydrate him, and give him anti-nausea meds by IV and would run blood work and that his oncologist would call me in a few hours. Still waiting. frowncry

I was just beside myself yesterday wondering when all this is going to stop. The low times are really low, you know....
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by , Nov 7 12:16 pm

Tyson

Barked: Sun Oct 20, '13 1:36pm PST 
As if on queue, Tyson has thrown up twice and I know it's from the Sotalol. Of course the Cardiol.ogist...won't be in until tomorrow so I don't know what to do!? I don't want to stop his heart med's but at the same time, if he's throwing up, is he throwing up the med's too?

I gave him a pepcid last night when I heard his stomach churning and then I gave him one of his anti-nausea med's around noon and he threw up anyway.

Going to the store to buy him some chicken for later. I just keep crying...I hate seeing him like this. cry
[notify]
» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by , Nov 7 12:16 pm

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.