GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Behavior & Training > Question
Hades

I will lick you- to death!

Barked: Thu Oct 17, '13 9:55am PST 
I had never heard that before. Yeah my dogs go naked at home as well (except for collars of course) but they don't escape or anything.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Oct 17 9:55 am

Behavior & Training > Question
Hades

Barked: Thu Oct 17, '13 9:01am PST 
I had a friend from work over to my house the other night and she kept asking me why my dogs weren't wearing their harnesses? Is this some kind of new thing that people keep their dogs in harnesses at home? What is the reasoning for this? She wasn't concerned with Penny not having her harness on just Hades and Athena? Could it be because they are big "scary" breeds? It struck me as odd and I wondered if anyone knew? I don't put their harnesses on them unless we are going for a walk or I have need to put their leashes on them.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Oct 17 9:55 am

Choosing the Right Dog > The same litter?

Hades

Barked: Sat Oct 12, '13 8:39am PST 
Must be something in the air! My boyfriend and I were walking the dogs last night and we got asked if his dog (a pit boxer mix) was a litter mate to my Hades?! Really his dog is smaller and tan and white and Hades is all white and larger and clearly older! I just said no and moved along. I swear sometimes people don't even look at the dogs before they ask! I could see if they were the same color or the same size or whatever but they may as well have asked if Penny was Athena's littermate because they have the same coloring! I am sure that is coming!big laughbig laugh
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Oct 16 11:47 am

Puppy Place > Girl names vs Boy names?

Hades

Barked: Thu Oct 10, '13 11:10am PST 
I have always used names from Greek mythology for my dogs. I like the names and there is no question as their gender. I had Castor and Pollux growing up, my ex-husband and I had Aries and now I have Hades and Athena my son goes back and forth with Penny sometimes he says she is named after Penny on The Big Bang Theory and sometimes she is named after Penelope, Odysseus' wife. It depends on what day of the week you ask him laugh out loudlaugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Oct 10 12:16 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > We're back!

Hades

Barked: Thu Oct 10, '13 7:43am PST 
Thank you Hershey! I will check it out!wave
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Oct 10 7:43 am

Hades

Barked: Tue Oct 8, '13 6:35am PST 
Thank you Kali! So far so good. We have a routine and things are good smile who knew 3 dogs wouldn't be as much trouble as I thought applauseapplause
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Oct 10 7:43 am

Hades

Barked: Thu Oct 3, '13 12:35pm PST 
I am not sure where to put this so...

Last time I was here I had just gotten a Rottie from my idiot ex brother-in-law. Athena has turned out to be an excellent girl she fits right in with Hades and Penny. She did obedience classes over the summer through my local Rottie rescue. Hades is ever the lumbering oaf he always was and now that he is 3 he seems to think he is the elder statesman who has to show these youngsters how to act. I was very hesitant to add another large dog into the mix and frankly I was nervous about adding another strong willed breed along with Hades. Much to my sunrise the big "stubborn" dogs cause less problems that the little lap dog! Jokes on me right?! We moved over the summer so I now have a bit of a bigger backyard with privacy fence All the way around. So all in all it was an eventful summer and I am now a pro At handling the big dogs if only someone could help me with the small dog!
laugh out loudsmile
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Oct 10 7:43 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Officially Freaked out!

Hades

Barked: Mon Jul 8, '13 4:23pm PST 
Thank you Onyx! After speaking with my vet today I am going to hold off on testing her for anything. We will look at HD when she is a bit older just to be on the safe side.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jul 8 6:39 pm

Hades

Barked: Mon Jul 8, '13 12:34pm PST 
Thank you Jewel! I am almost 100% certain my ex BIL didn't get her from anything even close to a reputable breeder! I guess we will just wait until she is two. Her temperament seems great so far so I will take that !
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jul 8 6:39 pm

Hades

Barked: Mon Jul 8, '13 8:23am PST 
Ok I will admit I probably should not have watched Pedigree Dogs exposed last night. It has been quite sometime since I have owned a purebred dog. I had a sheltie when I was a little girl and she passed when I was 10yrs old (my mom got her before I was born). Since then I have had rescue dogs. Hades is the product of two purebreds but he is still a mutt According to the vet Athena is most likely a purebred Rottie. I know that my ex BIL most definitely did not get her from a good breeder. I suspect he got her from a Craig's list BYB. What should I have her tested for (her Friday vet visit was just a general health check)Are there things that are specific to Rotties that I need to have her tested for? Her temperament is amazing so far and honestly I am more worried about physical issues?
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jul 8 6:39 pm

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.