GO!

Behavior & Training > Problems with a Dobie boy.

Riku

ALWAYS blame the- cat!

Barked: Wed Jan 1, '14 11:24am PST 
A friend at the dp has an intact 14m/o german shepherd (can't be neutered/breeder contract). He is very big & was always hassling just about any dog, mine used to hide from him under a bench. He's well trained, socialized, etc. & his owner has always been right on top of him. The owner got him a shock collar (I don't like them either, but in this instance it's worked). Owner only uses it after verbal commands go ignored & is diligent in the corrections. It has made a night & day difference for this dog, he's now one of all the dogs favorite playmates! My dog never leaves his side now & they are bf. I don't think everyone should have e-collars, & most don't use them correctly, but I've seen them work wonders for this intact male.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jan 5 5:38 pm

Small Dogs > reverse sneezing
Riku

ALWAYS blame the- cat!

Barked: Fri Apr 26, '13 4:07pm PST 
Riku does this all the time. Vet said it's normal, has to do with nasal passages being so small. He too would vomit when the 'snuffles' were extremely long. With my vets OK, I tried vicks vapo rub, works wonders! Sometimes all he has to do is sniff the jar, other times I put a small amount on the fur directly above his nose. It has never failed cheer He even comes right to us now because he knows it will help. (he does lick it off, but vet OK'd this too) Hope your pup feels better big hug
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , Aug 29 7:29 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.