GO!

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

Behavior & Training > Former Dogster User MISSING IN LA
Jem - Kandansk- Emerging- Artist

Toy-aholic

Barked: Thu Apr 17, '14 8:47am PST 
https://www.facebook.com/helpfindsevilen?fref=ts

This dog has been missing in downtown LA since Monday afternoon, we all know this former dogster (has an AKK, a mini pin, a dobie (past on) and a couple wolfie looking imports).

PLEASE if you are on facebook join this page and SHARE, if you are in LA PLEASE post the flyer and join the physical search for her!!
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Cobain ADC, SGDC, CGN, Today 10:49 am

Behavior & Training > ducking her head

Toy-aholic

Barked: Fri Apr 11, '14 9:59am PST 
Jem ducks her head while training the examination part of OB.

Jem is not a cuddly touchy feely dog. If anyone reachs out like they're going to pick her up she leaves. Even me, she'd rather lay in her crate than on my lap.

I thought that maybe all the banding I had in her hair was part of the problem so I cut it last night (sob sob sob). She will fall asleep on the table while I comb and band her topknot so I know it's a not a pain/extreme fear thing.

I did start saying in a cheerfully voice "head!" touching, click & treat. But then I was worried that I was rewarding for her ducking because she ducks even when I do it.

She will hold her stay and let someone touch her but I'm worried that if the judge sees her ducking they won't even try to touch her and just fail us.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Cohen CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh CGN , Apr 11 10:34 am

Puppy Place > New Puppy!!

Toy-aholic

Barked: Tue Apr 8, '14 8:18am PST 
Tiller - coat change? My breeder was near by for a show and put Jem in a breath-taking modified town & country fully scissored cut for me. Coat change is just now getting to her legs and I think I have to shave her as I last week had to burst a blister on my index finger from her comb!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Apr 14 12:05 pm

Food & Nutrition > Anybody familiar w/ the Shar Pei?

Toy-aholic

Barked: Mon Apr 7, '14 2:30pm PST 
Your breeder is your first line of defense! My breeder told me not to feed Jem fish based kibble as they've found their dogs don't do great on it. Another breeder's lines might thrive on fish based kibbles so we could suggest everything under the moon but the person that's know your dog's whole family and all their quirks will know more. way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by NoName, Apr 15 7:38 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks

Toy-aholic

Barked: Fri Mar 28, '14 12:12pm PST 
As I understand some breeders don't have themes and as long as their kennel name is in there and it fits under the CKC rules you can name it whatever you want.

Jem's litter theme was "awards" as in Golden Globes etc. I could only think of two registered names, Red Carpet Walk which my breeder didn't want me to use because it's been done lots and lots. So she's Emerging Artist. Then just by chance all three puppies (owned by three different people) ended up with call names that start with the letter J.
[notify]
» There has since been 242 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Today 2:55 pm

Raw Food Diet > Anal glands

Toy-aholic

Barked: Tue Mar 25, '14 1:49pm PST 
I'm a little freaking out right now. A couple weeks ago Jem was acting calm and then wouldn't lift her tail and when I tried to lift it she cried so I took her to the vet and one anal gland was very full but the other nearly empty.

Today she's acting calm again and it's freaking me out. Her tail is still up and we had a busy weekend but we had a busy weekend the last time too so it could possibly be stress that's causing this?

Anyways I just wanted to touch base with you guys incase you had any ideas? She's on pre-made raw, it's about 20% bone. She gets salmon oil and coconut oil about once a week each, I'm really bad about suppliments I have them both on the counter to try and help me remember more.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Apr 2 2:54 am

Toy-aholic

Barked: Mon Mar 24, '14 8:49am PST 
Yes lots of time! I've decided to only put her in three of the four trials in May because I want to keep her at the pre-novice level longer.

I managed to upload her little swimming video to youtube so you guys can see it! I'm very excited about this in case no one can tell. laugh out loud

http://youtu.be/ECD-sAUuKuI
[notify]
» There has since been 272 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Today 2:55 pm

Toy-aholic

Barked: Fri Mar 7, '14 8:22pm PST 
Jem got roughed in today! I could not stop laughing, clouds of hairs! My breeder made a few jokes about how much hair I had on her. Then sent me home to bath her again so she can get a smooth finish.

Tomorrow I ring Stewart so Jem will be spending the day in a crate or pen in her breeder's area. It's good for her to get used to waiting around and I'll take her out on my lunch break
[notify]
» There has since been 404 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Today 2:55 pm

Toy-aholic

Barked: Thu Feb 6, '14 12:09pm PST 
It was hard for me too, but according to another trainer at the rally trial you can call them your baby dog until you're not embarrassed by their training anymore or you get a younger one. She had an almost two year old baby dog. smile

My being sick has been hard on Jem but she's been trying so hard to be a good girl and amuse herself. She hide all her toys one day so she could find them again. She did toss the end of a chew in the toilet but I think it was an ancient like she was just tossing it around in general and lost control.
[notify]
» There has since been 755 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Today 2:55 pm

Toy-aholic

Barked: Wed Feb 5, '14 5:23am PST 
Thank you Flicka, not much of a birthday as I'm still sick.
[notify]
» There has since been 769 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Today 2:55 pm

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.