GO!

Service & Therapy Dogs > The vest is rubbing off his fur...

Suki

Barked: Tue Apr 2, '13 3:30pm PST 
There can be a number of reasons why your cape is causing fur loss. A cape may fit fine when your dog is standing--when he lies down the cape may be too tight and cut in. If he is wearing a harness you just entered a whole new world. I know I built harness's for ten years to get it rite. If you do not need your dog to carry stuff, I mean need, then he probable should not be in a back pack. A nice light cape with as straps as loose as possible (just enough to keep the cape stationary) should cure your problem. The covers on the straps are really meant for dogs that must pull. In 20 years of designing equipment for hundreds of dogs I never had one that was uncomfortable or had hair pulled out. Just a few thoughts for ya. earsandtail.com
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 2 3:30 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Velcro for service dog patches
Suki

Barked: Tue Apr 2, '13 3:15pm PST 
If I understood you right, you made a comment that your patch with velcro may not stick to your cape material. You are correct-you must sew (or glue) one side of the velcro (usually the soft side)to your cape, then sew the harder (hook) side to the patch. Some patch companys sell patches with velcro already attached but they are few and far between.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Apr 6 4:16 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.