Postings by Lucy

GO!

Puppy Place > Introducing Astra the Silken Windhound pup!

Lucy

Barked: Sat Oct 5, '13 3:27pm PST 
Welcome! Very cute!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Bianca CGC TT HIC Thd ♥, Oct 6 12:19 pm

Puppy Place > New puppy, new job - need advice!
Lucy

Barked: Wed Oct 2, '13 2:10pm PST 
For your situation I would highly advise that you get a playpen/exercise pen, and attach it to the crate. This is nice because it gives the puppy more room to move around and play, and do their business. Just to be forewarned though, that when they are confined in a small area all day, they will have a TON of pent up energy when you come home. We have a six month old puppy, and that's what we do for her (although we must be really lucky, because she's never once had an accident when we've been gone).

If you can't afford to do doggie day care everyday, I would highly suggest that you try and do it once or twice a week. That's what we do now, and it works wonders. Our puppy is tired out and much better behaved when she has been at doggie day care.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Mara, Oct 7 4:47 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Extensive List of Worst Puppies for Newbies

Lucy

Barked: Mon Sep 16, '13 3:04pm PST 
I would say Irish Setter! We have a 5 and a 1/2 month old, and I wouldn't change anything. However, she is going to give us a run for our money, especially when she's older. You better love to run, hike, or hunt, if you have one of these. They need a TON of exercise.

That said, I knew that going into it. They are sweethearts though!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lucy, Sep 16 3:04 pm

Puppy Place > Expectant Parent

Lucy

Barked: Tue Aug 6, '13 8:18am PST 
Very cool! There's nothing cuter than a puppy! Have fun with the new one when you get it!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lucy, Aug 6 8:18 am

Puppy Place > Introducing Lucy!

Lucy

Barked: Tue Aug 6, '13 8:11am PST 
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Nare, I had never even heard of that park before. It's only about 40 minutes away from me so I'll definitely have to check it out sometime! That's great to hear about other Irish Setters. It's funny because we get A LOT of people come up and either say they haven't seen an Irish Setter for a while, or that they had one growing up. Also, thanks for the heads up about Ewe-Topia - that place looks awesome!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lucy, Aug 6 8:11 am

Puppy Place > Introducing Lucy!
Lucy

Barked: Mon Aug 5, '13 8:55am PST 
My wife and I are so excited to have Lucy, and 18 week old Irish Setter! In the picture she is 9 weeks old, so I should put up a more recent one. Man, these pups grow fast! She drives you crazy one second with their nipping and getting into everything, but the next second she cuddles up to you on the couch, and melts your heart! We could not be happier with her. Although, I would not mind if she stopped biting/mouthing/nipping at our hands. laugh out loud Overall she's been great with potty training, just a handful of accidents around the house, which were more our fault for not paying close enough attention. She has never had an accident in her crate or playpen though!

She is a handful, and will continue to be one, but we're prepared for that. I wanted a dog that could go hiking with me, although I have to wait until next year for that. She'll also be a great running partner.

We live on the water in Gig Harbor (near Tacoma, WA), and she loves the beach and all that it has to offer. We do have to watch her closely, because she likes to find dead crabs and play with them. She's also likes the water a lot and has started swimming!

I think we did a fairly decent job of socializing her, especially the first month we had her. She loves people, and other dogs! Basically she loves everything and is a sweetheart! smile Irish Setters are supposed to be like that, so I shouldn't be surprised!

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce her!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Lucy, Aug 6 8:11 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Is an Irish Setter the right dog for me?

Lucy

Barked: Wed Mar 20, '13 7:29pm PST 
Tiller, yes, all of those things are there! I talked to the breeder today and there is a return clause, so all things seem to be checking out! Thanks for your help!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sandy, Mar 27 7:09 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Is an Irish Setter the right dog for me?

Lucy

Barked: Tue Mar 19, '13 2:17pm PST 
Shiver Me Timber,

I did make an account on Dogster. I found how to upload a picture (no puppy yet), but it's not showing up. confused Hmm... I'm sure it'll work itself out soon enough. It would just be nice to have the picture and name show up.

Thanks for the recommendation of talking to Tiller. I do have a breeder picked out that is in Southern Oregon. They've been awesome as far as answering questions, and have also asked questions about me, which shows they actually care about their pups.

Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Sandy, Mar 27 7:09 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.