GO!

(Page 1 of 24: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Raw Food Diet > Any Raw Feeders left?
Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Tricolored- Hounds for life!

Barked: Thu Aug 6, '15 3:53pm PST 
Hey Guys?

Is there still a raw feeding group on this site? I haven't seen movement in months from you guys.

Even though I don't feed raw now I did and found a lot of support in this community for Jake and I.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Rexy, Aug 18 10:32 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Dog breeds good with cats and good for older dogs
Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Barked: Wed Jul 29, '15 10:36pm PST 
Thanks for the advice. I was looking at dogs just today on petfinder and found myself saying "sigh not one of these dogs is Jake" and was totally disinterested. I know its wrong to say that they're not jake but they're not T.T. So that didn't go well.

Jake appears to still have some life in in him so we're doing a touch and go. Based on his eliminations. >.<

I think i will look for foster or adoption or breeders with cats in the home. I still don't know how to get past "oh its not Jake." I mean Mr. Beagle isn't gone yet but I find myself looking for him in other dogs in healthy dogs. Stupid cancer >.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Lisa, Aug 5 4:42 pm

Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Barked: Mon Jul 27, '15 12:50pm PST 
Not a big fan of poms. All the ones I've known had bad breath and were yippy.
I'm leaning towards a poodle or something like that. I don't think a pound rescue will work this time because of Jaxs. Can't risk him getting mauled by a dog. So I'll probably go the proper breed related rescue way this time or something like Best Friends a society. That's why I'm looking for breed suggestions.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Lisa, Aug 5 4:42 pm

Jake & Sweet- Caroline

I'm leaning towards a poodle or something like that. I don't think a pound rescue will work this time because of Jaxs. Can't risk him getting mauled by a dog. So I'll probably go the proper breed related rescue way this time or something like Best Friends a society. That's why I'm looking for breed suggestions.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Lisa, Aug 5 4:42 pm

Jake & Sweet- Caroline

[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Lisa, Aug 5 4:42 pm

Dog Health > Ear irritation
Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Barked: Mon Jul 27, '15 12:47pm PST 
Ear issue maybe due to a yeast infection. I would take him to the vet so you get the proper medication to treat it especially if it smells funky.

You can buy dog ear wash at any pet store for after baths of if they're heads get wet. This keeps the ears from growing yeast to begin with.

As the owner of floppy earred wonder dogs having a good ear cleaner is a necessity to prevent the infection from returning.

Good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Reina, Jul 27 5:40 pm

Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Barked: Sat Jul 25, '15 10:43pm PST 
Hello all,

While I'm dealing with Jake's pending parting I need to think of Sweet Caroline and Jaxs future.

Caroline is deeply bonded to Jake. Just today when they took him in the back for an ultrasound she was uncontrollable in distress. I'm afraid that once he passes either naturally or via euthanasia she'll die of depression. She's already old as it is and I'm not sure how she'll do without a companion.

Problem is now unlike when I had acquired Jake and later Caroline I have a 10 month old kitten named Jaxs Teller who thinks he's a dog having been raised by Sweet Caroline for the last year.

He and Jake never got along as Jake always tries/tried to eat him.

So for next time I'm looking for breeds of dog that are more cat friendly. I'm aware each dog is an individual as I was surprised Caroline took to raising him vs eating him.

I'm considering a miniature poodle or something along those lines but I'm open to any ideas.

I don't plan on getting another dog any time soon unless I see it may help sweet Caroline.

Thank you,

Jake's mom
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Lisa, Aug 5 4:42 pm

Dog Health > Depression after losing a bonded pair mate? ?

Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Barked: Fri Jul 24, '15 6:58am PST 
Thanks for the well wishes. Everyone here is doing okay for now. Just dreading the inevitable. I still have shreads of hope the vet is going to tell me something else tomorrow but that hope is slowly dying.

I'm probably going to take Caroline with me to the vets office on Saturday though just in case.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Jake & Sweet Caroline, Jul 24 6:58 am

Behavior & Training > Barking Issues & improper Eliminations inside.

Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Barked: Wed Mar 11, '15 5:20pm PST 
Hello Dogster Mom needs your help,

Times are rather hard for us here. We recently had to move very far away from where Mom works and moved in with her grandparents because money's tight. Good news is now we're saving money for a new home and we like Grandpa's dog. Bad news, Sweet Caroline and I have taken to barking a lot and I (Mr. Beagle) have taken to peeing on the concrete patio right next to the grass and peeing on the hardwood floor inside. I never peed on the hardwood at our old house. Mom is baffled by this.

Unforunately because Mom has to work we're left at home all day and Grandpa snitched on us that we bark all day long so Mom had to buy us these nasty beeping bark collars It solved the problem so mom says for a minute but now we're barking even despite the collars.

Mom isn't sure what she can do since Grandpa is getting tired of hearing us apparently and we currently don't have the money to move. Any assistance would be great otherwise Caroline and I are going to be looking for a new home, probably apart and far away from mom.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Mulder, Mar 12 9:34 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Saying Good Bye to Jackie O, the first dog i helped cross the bridge
Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Barked: Mon Dec 22, '14 7:59pm PST 
I want to thank everyone for their kind words. I brought Jackie O's ashes home on Saturday and cried for a while. I really do miss her a lot. Just this past Wednesday, Jake and Caroline stopped looking for her. Everytime my mom came home they got super excited, i think they thought that Jackie was coming back until I showed them the box today. I let them sniff the hair sample they left me in a bag and I think they understood. They seemed to be sad for a while but now they're back to themselves.

My mom isn't quite ready to deal with Jackie's box yet so for now she's resting on top of my bookshelf between a Winnie the Pooh storybook and a Cinderella snow glob with a picture of her on top the box just chilling.

I'm just happy everyone is back home together again.

Thank you again everyone for all your kind words. I really needed them. Thank you to everyone. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Jake & Sweet Caroline, Dec 22 7:59 pm

(Page 1 of 24: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.