Postings by Sandy

GO!

(Page 1 of 38: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > Its me or your dog. Help!
Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Wed Jul 22, '15 7:42pm PST 
If he is aggressive at the vet find a vet who uses dexdormitor to sedate aggressive dogs. We use it where I work we mix it with butorphanol and it has a reversal agent so u can stay with ur dog . We usually have the owner hold, give the shot in the back leg muscle , 20 minutes later they r asleep the vet can examine and get blood then give the reversal called antisdan and the dog wakes up in the room with the owner in 10-20 minutes. Its very safe. Harsh handling at a vet office can make aggressive dogs worse and more dangerous. This sedative I so safe its much better to use with aggressive dogs than manual restraint.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Koby, Today 3:52 am

Dog Health > It appears to be cancer (Prostate Cancer) - How to keep weight on and eating up?
Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Wed Jul 22, '15 7:24pm PST 
Just saw this post. Sick dogs will often eat Stella and chewys and cancer feeds off carbohydrates and Stella and chewys has no carbohydrates so its good for cancer. The vet who works part time at the clinic where I work also works for an at home hospice care company and she always suggests stella and chewys to those pets and they r all during and often have cancer.
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Yoshi, Today 9:29 am

Behavior & Training > Storms freak him out HELP!!

Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Tue Jul 7, '15 7:01pm PST 
Ask ur vet about trazedone its a human drug the vet I work for uses for storm anxiety.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sandy, Jul 7 7:01 pm

Dog Health > Specks of blood in vomit

Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Mon Jul 6, '15 7:18pm PST 
My dog had similar symptoms diagnosed with acid reflux. I feed him at 6@m, noon, 6 pm, and midnight. He would still occasionally get sick on that schedule until I saw a holistic vet who put him on a Chinese herb by jing tang called happy earth. Now I can be an hour or so off schedule without worrying. He hasn't been sick in over a year. It takes about a month or 2 for the Chinese herb to work but after a month of being on the herb he hasn't been sick in over a year.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sandy, Jul 6 7:18 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > How To Deal With A Trainer Who Endangers Your Dog

Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Thu Jul 2, '15 6:01pm PST 
Interceptor is what I use for heart worm prevention. Trifexis seems to bother some dogs and not others. My dog vomited after taking trifexis. If they vomit u need to give another prevention because they are not protected. Ivetheart plus and interceptor are the 2 safest heartworm preventions in my opinion. If u want something for fleas and tick I use bravecto.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sandy, Jul 2 6:01 pm

Dog Health > Jeffrey Again
Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Thu Jun 25, '15 6:55pm PST 
It sounds like HGE to me hemorrhagic gastroenteritis . Metronidazole would fix that is that the antibiotic u have?
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jun 29 12:57 pm

Grooming > What to use for an itchy dog?

Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Sat Jun 6, '15 4:59am PST 
I work at a holistic be who uses Chinese herbs for allergies. Some other things u can ask your vet about are apoquel and respit.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sandy, Jun 6 4:59 am

Behavior & Training > Storms freak him out HELP!!

Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Mon Jun 1, '15 7:02pm PST 
The blue one nay be alprazolam which u can get at the human pharmacy but the yellow is likely acepromazine which is only used in animals as far as I know
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sandy, Jul 7 7:01 pm

Food & Nutrition > How to determine what ingredient is causing food allergy???

Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Thu May 14, '15 4:54pm PST 
Dogs get seasonal allergies that make them itch as well.the rust colored feet sound like yeast which the vet can prescribe ketoconazole for. There is a new prescription diet where u only need 6 weeks for a food trial instead of 8 called ultimino by royal canine. U have to try the new diet for at least 8 weeks that means no treats and no human food. Rabbit and potato is the best choice its the one veterinary dermatologists usually recommend but the allergy is likely environmental. Ask ur vet about apoquel that's an allergy medication.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sandy, May 14 4:54 pm

Puppy Place > Best age to get a puppy?
Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Mon May 4, '15 3:15pm PST 
Its best to leave the puppies with mom until 12 weeks old. I wouldn't take a puppy home until 16 weeks. If a breeder will give a puppy up at 6 weeks you absolutely should run away they are not responsible breeders if they would let a puppy go that early.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Toto, CD, RN, CGC, May 5 8:47 am

(Page 1 of 38: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.