Postings by Sandy

GO!

(Page 1 of 36: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > ORIJEN OR AUTHORITY or raw American bully having diarreah
Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Thu Jan 1, '15 7:09pm PST 
I would take him to the vet just to be sure he does not have something else going on. Coccidia can sometimes make stool yellow and it causes diarrhea. When changing food I always mix 3/4 old food and 1/4 new food for 3 days, then half and half 3 days then 3/4 new and 1/4 old for 3 days. Its also helpful to use a probiotic as well.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mulder, Jan 2 7:26 am

Raw Food Diet > Saying hello...starting on the path to raw..
Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Wed Dec 31, '14 12:43pm PST 
I'm pretty sure the other jasper works for hills . I can't believe any one would think corn and meat by products (main ingredients of hills foods) are better for your dog than fresh food. I am a vet tech and the vet I work for does suggest raw feeding.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Ginger, Dec 31 3:48 pm

Dog Health > Advice Needed - 6yr Old Labradoodle, recent seizures, now on Phenomav.

Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Tue Dec 30, '14 5:48pm PST 
Ask about using zonisamide instead. Its another seizure medication that dogs can take daily to prevent seizures.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Toto, CD, RN, CGC, Dec 31 4:57 am

Behavior & Training > Strange behavior from long-time neutered male?

Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Mon Dec 29, '14 4:39pm PST 
My neutered male dog(neutered at 6 months) will still go absolutely nuts for a dog in heat. His favorite thing to do is pee on them! Don't ask me why people think its a good idea to bring a dog in heat to the dog park, but I bet they regret it when they have to give their dog a bath because sandy peed on them. I have a sight hound so I would never let him off leash not fenced in , but when I dog sit for a dog who is off leash trained I always keep treats on me so I can temp them back.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sandy, Dec 29 4:39 pm

Behavior & Training > My dog is irritating my neighbors by barking when left alone!

Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Wed Dec 10, '14 10:18am PST 
I'd look for a doggy day care or a friend or service that would come stay with him.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Sonny, Dec 18 10:54 am

Choosing the Right Dog > looking for breed ideas
Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Tue Nov 11, '14 3:01pm PST 
Shih Zhu have long hair but don't shed.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Yoshi, Jan 24 3:13 pm

Dog Health > parvo vaxine question

Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Mon Nov 3, '14 8:29pm PST 
Vaccines can be blocked by maternal antibodies up to 14-16 weeks of age. If all the vaccines were given when the puppy is too young they can be ineffective.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sandy, Nov 3 8:29 pm

Dog Health > Cyclosporine and allergies

Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Sun Oct 19, '14 10:28am PST 
You might see if the holistic vet would do a phone consult and ship herbs. I was just suggesting it because I've seen the Chinese herbs work really well on skin cases
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Saskia, Nov 15 8:46 am

Dog Health > Cyclosporine and allergies

Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Sat Oct 18, '14 2:38pm PST 
I'd suggest going to a holistic vet who uses Chinese herbs. I work at a holistic vet clinic and we see lots of itchy dogs who have gone to regular vets for years with no relief .the Chinese herbs take a month or so to work but then the dog isn't itchy anymore. My dog is on a Chinese herb for his stomach issues and has not been sick since he started the herbs.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Saskia, Nov 15 8:46 am

Dog Health > Bladder Stones, Unhelpful Vet
Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Sun Oct 5, '14 5:52pm PST 
Urinary so for life actually is a good recommendation. Normally vets perform an x-ray (to see the stones) then surgery, then urinary so for life. It's possible that urinary so can dissolve stones on its own but it takes a very long time and it depends on the amount of stones I've usually seen it used after surgery to prevent the stones from occurring. It uses ph so u cannot feed your dog anything else at all that means no treats no table scraps ONLY urinary so. I have a cat that eats it he went 5 years with no uti I took him off the food and he had a uti in 3 weeks. I know several dogs eating it post bladder stone removal surgery and they have not had any stone growth. I also know 2 dogs whose owners refused to use it and they had to have surgery again.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Nov 13 11:24 am

(Page 1 of 36: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.