Postings by Sandy

GO!

(Page 1 of 37: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Grooming > impossible nail trim issue turned to vet issue
Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Sat Apr 11, '15 7:26am PST 
Dexdormitor is a great sedative I'm sure you can find a vet near you that has it. We use it all the time. They wake up so fast we can just use it during a regular appointment but since your dog doesn't do well at the vet I suggest getting them to do a great physical exam, draw some blood for a blood panal, and give any needed vaccines while doing your nail trim that way u get more bang for your buck.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sandy, Apr 11 7:26 am

Dog Health > Allergy vaccines-The heartache of having a dog in Florida
Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Thu Apr 9, '15 9:10am PST 
Have u tried apoquel?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Apr 11 3:06 pm

Puppy Place > loss of appetite when losing teeth?

Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Thu Apr 9, '15 5:59am PST 
I would try canned food instead of kibble.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sandy, Apr 9 5:59 am

Dog Health > Irritated Paws - Seasonal allergens??

Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Thu Apr 9, '15 4:48am PST 
A lot of westies have allergies. Sometimes switching to a novel protein food can help, but when you go to the vet u can ask about apoquel that would stop him from itching.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sandy, Apr 9 4:48 am

Grooming > impossible nail trim issue turned to vet issue

Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Tue Apr 7, '15 5:09pm PST 
I'd call around and find a vet who uses dexdormitor as a sedative its completely reversible with another drug antisedan. He will wake right up. At the vet where I work we will have the owner hold the dog , give the dog an injection of dexdormitor and butorphanol in the muscle in their back leg then turn off the lights in the exam room and let the dog fall asleep with the owner then do all the vet stuff give antisedan and the dog wakes up in 5 minutes. Sounds perfect for your dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Sandy, Apr 11 7:26 am

Dog Health > Does anyone have experience with using Meloxicam (Metacam)?
Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Mon Mar 30, '15 4:54pm PST 
If you are looking into joint supplements I'd get the synovi G4.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Apr 11 3:10 pm

Dog Health > Does anyone have experience with using Meloxicam (Metacam)?

Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Sun Mar 29, '15 5:58am PST 
The vet where I work only uses metacam daily if all liver and kidney values are normal. Did they do a blood panel before prescribing? Also metacam is a nsaid and tram. Is just for pain so usually she prescribes both to be used together, but only if the blood work looks good.
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Apr 11 3:10 pm

Dog Health > Sore leg?

Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Fri Mar 6, '15 7:37pm PST 
Sounds like a partial cranial cruciate ligament tear to me. In humans they call it the acl. Some vets have a hard time diagnosing it so id mention it and ask them to do a drawer test. You can't really see anything on x-ray its more of a rule out diagnosis.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Mar 9 4:08 am

Dog Health > Worms

Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Tue Feb 17, '15 5:46am PST 
Hook worms are in the small intestine and whip worms are in the large intestine. Whip worms are almost impossible to kill in the environment so you'll have to use a heartworm prevention with a preventative for whip worms(trifexis or sentinel) to protect your dog from having them.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Feb 18 7:41 am

Dog Health > Worms
Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Mon Feb 16, '15 3:27pm PST 
Whip worms are and intestinal parasite. If u want to prevent her from having whip worms again u can use a heart worm prevention that prevents whip worms as well. Sentinel and trifexis are the 2 that get whip worms as well. The blood on the stool can be caused by the whip worms.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Feb 18 7:41 am

(Page 1 of 37: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.