GO!

(Page 1 of 35: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > Help with crazy lab puppy.
Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Sun Jul 27, '14 6:28pm PST 
He needs more exercise. If u make him tired he wont get hyper. Take him to a dog park, or on a run or walk. 3 or 4 mile long walks a day and he will be sleeping not biting.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Sun 6:28 pm

Dog Health > heartworm concern :(
Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Sat Jul 26, '14 3:49pm PST 
Heartworm prevention should be given once a month not every 2 months. It should be given all year. I use to use interceptor and switched to sentinel. I hope your dogs don't have heartworms, giving prevention all year is the best thing you can do to protect them
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Sun 3:27 pm

Food & Nutrition > Struvite Crystals, Food & treat options? Lengthy post.....

Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Thu Jul 24, '14 6:52pm PST 
Struvite crystals can be normal but when they are more than 1 per field when u are looking at the urine on a microscope it is not normal and they can form stones. The royal canine diet can dissolve stones but it takes almost 6 months of feeding it exclusively (no treats allowed) and it only works sometimes on very mild cases. Usually surgery followed by using royal canine is what's best for dogs with stones. Radiographs need to be taken to actually see the stones. Crystals in urine can mean stones but can just be an infection. If your dog does have stones I would do the surgery and then never feed anything but the urinary so from royal canine. You may need to only give him distilled water as well. I know 3 shih zhus who have had stones and the only one who hasn't had to have the surgery 2 times was the one who stayed on the royal canine urinary so.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jul 24 6:52 pm

Puppy Place > Raising orphaned pups after their mother died because of a calcium defeciency

Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Thu Jun 19, '14 9:51pm PST 
U can feed the puppies easily with a tube. The vet can give u a red rubber catheter(used for male cats) and then u measure to their last rib and stick the tube down their esophagus to the line where u measured. U can use a syringe to put formula into the end of the tube. A vet should be able to demonstrate this for u. Its easy to do. U do want their ne k Ina natural position don't stretch it or you will go in the trachea instead of the esophagus.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jun 20 10:49 pm

Dog Health > My dog has been puking blood for MONTHS... help, anyone?

Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Sat Jun 14, '14 11:51am PST 
You might want to try an all Italian greyhound forum for this question. There is one www.iggyplanet.com this site messes up links so just google iggyplanet. What u are describing sounds like hge. Also have u tried famotidine(pepsid ) instead of omeprazole? My Italian greyhound has acid reflux and he has to eat 4 meals a day at 6am, noon, 6pm, and midnight or he gets sick. When he had hge it was from being allergic to chicken. It was a raw diet(Stella and chewys) and eating 4 times a day that helped him.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Jun 19 10:05 pm

Raw Food Diet > Can I feed pre-made raw long term?
Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Sat May 31, '14 5:08pm PST 
Usually you will see something about balanced, or approved for all life stages and there will be a chart about how much to feed. I feed stella and chewys not bravo so I'm not sure about if they are all complete and balanced but it should be on the bag somewhere. The Stella and chewys bag says complete and balanced, and approved for all life stages in the bag.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jun 10 10:16 pm

Raw Food Diet > Can I feed pre-made raw long term?

Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Sat May 31, '14 10:19am PST 
I have feed premade raw over a year. It is ok to feed long term, and is already balanced for you. You do not need to add anything to make it complete. I know several dogs who have eaten premade raw their entire lives. I do think would be too expensive for a large dog because I spend about $80 a month on my dog and he weighs 11 pounds.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jun 10 10:16 pm

Food & Nutrition > Leonberger not eating much in the mornings

Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Thu May 22, '14 6:26pm PST 
I always give probiotics with antibiotics to help with the GI upset.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , May 24 1:04 pm

Raw Food Diet > Raw Meaty Beef Rib Bone-Question?

Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Sat May 10, '14 7:43pm PST 
I have an Italian greyhound and I brush his teeth every night with vet toothpaste and use essential healthy mouth gel. I feed my Italian greyhound raw because he has had tummy problems including hge. I feed premade Stella and chewys raw, but I don't do bones. His teeth are very clean from the daily brushing , to get the back teeth I use a human child toothbrush(the one that says 0-2 age) and I slide it inside his cheek and hold his mouth closed so I can get all the teeth.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , May 12 3:32 am

Small Dogs > Need Help with New Dog- Hypoglycemic, need opinions!!
Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Sat May 10, '14 4:34pm PST 
How often were u feeding the dog? A dog that small needs many very small meals a day I would probably feed her every 6 hours. That would likely stop the hypoglycemia . I have a small dog I feed at 6am, noon, 6 pm,and midnight. U can also get this stuff for dogs called nutrical that is in a tube and give little squirts of that in between meals
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , May 10 4:34 pm

(Page 1 of 35: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.