GO!

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

Dog Health > Need suggestions for Flea/Tick preventatives!
Willow

Willow loves to- herd people.

Barked: Sat Jul 26, '14 5:01am PST 
We have had a bad flea infestation this year due to a not so cold winter. My mom used Advantage Flea II medication on me and it worked great. Killed the fleas and eggs and no more scratching. You can use it every month but she usually doses me for three months as it has a long lasting affect.

This is Willow's mom and you can also check with your vet to see what they might recommend. Good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been -1 posts. Last posting by , Fri 6:38 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Will my dog keep growing at 8 months?
Willow

Barked: Sat Jul 19, '14 4:01pm PST 
She looks like a German Shepherd mix and will most likely grow more. What brand of food are you feeding her. If it is full of fillers then should would be eating more as this could cause her to eat more as she is not getting enough nutrition with food with corn, glutens, by-products, synthetic vitamins and minerals in the product. She is a beautiful dog. Enjoy her.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Sat 4:01 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > What type (BREED) of dog she might be? Pls help me !

Willow

Barked: Thu Jul 17, '14 4:40am PST 
German Shepard for sure and maybe some Golden Retreiver or Lab. Very cute.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 19 12:47 am

Food & Nutrition > 7 months old Puppy does not like to eat..

Willow

Barked: Sun Jul 13, '14 6:18am PST 
What brand of dry and canned food have you fed her so far and what type of treats as you said she likes treats?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Sun 3:31 am

Food & Nutrition > Best diet for Shar Pei

Willow

Barked: Sun Jul 13, '14 6:13am PST 
Hi Josie-CGC
Max dog foods are actually very simple formulas: meal first (a concentrated source of protein), grains and fiber multivitamin formulation.
The Natural Choice you are referring to is an old formula.
The new improved formula that came out over a year ago has Real Chicken as the first ingredient. Brown Rice replaced the white rice (the rice is split because each of these types of rice provide a different texture and fiber source). We also removed the dried egg product because so many dogs have developed a sensitivity to egg. What is wrong with soybean oil? It is one of the few oils that converts into Omega 3 and Omega 6 oils and is part of the patented skin and coat formula that Nutro holds. Nutro Natural Choice is the only brand guaranteed to improve skin and coat. What research is out there showing that dried beet pulp causes kidney failure in dogs? Nutro uses it as a fiber source and it makes the stool firm. To find out more about Nutro Natural Choice, Chicken, Rice and Oatmeal formula, go to http://www.nutro.com/natural-dog-food/natural-choice-dog-food/dry/wh olesome-essentials-adult-dog-chicken-rice-oatmeal.aspx
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Sun 3:39 am

Food & Nutrition > Lying down to eat...should I be concerned?
Willow

Barked: Mon Jul 7, '14 6:23am PST 
Willow is an Australian Shepherd that is 45 lbs. and I have always have raised dishes for my big dogs. It is easier on their neck not having to bend over and the food digests better. Never had a problem feeding them this way. The ones I use are at the height of the dog so she does not have to bend over at all. When we are out where there are water dishes on the ground, she lays down to drink, so I like the idea of raised dishes.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 10 7:45 pm

Food & Nutrition > free feeding

Willow

Barked: Thu Jun 26, '14 3:36am PST 
Great responses. I just have to say that I agree that free feeding can lead to obesity in pets. We have been lucky with almost all of our pets over the years and only had two that were a little overweight and one was due to a thyroid problem.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 16 1:43 pm

Food & Nutrition > free feeding

Willow

Barked: Sat Jun 21, '14 6:06am PST 
Free feeding does work if you have a dog who is a grazer, does not gobble their food in one setting. When I had three Greyhounds they were free fed as they liked to take their time eating and never fought over the food. The Aussie that we have now can be free fed if she is by herself but if we are babysitting another dog, then I had to feed twice a day. Try it when you are home and see what happens.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jul 16 1:43 pm

Dogs and a Clean Home > Dogs always ripping stuffing from toys! Help?

Willow

Barked: Sat Jun 21, '14 5:54am PST 
Mon buys me toys without any stuffing in them. They are usually the elongated kind of animals and I can play tug of war with them with my best buddy Mack when he is here on play dates. They last a long time and mom does not have to pick up stuffing stuff. Sometimes I do get to tear them up but not a big mess. Have fun.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jun 21 5:54 am

Dog Health > Frontline
Willow

Barked: Sat Jun 14, '14 8:58am PST 
I agree with Kali, stop using the Frontline as it seems it is irritating your dog right after you apply it. Try an oatmeal shampoo as oatmeal is good for the skin and does help hot spots and allergies. Fleas have been a big problem here in our area this year as we did not have a cold enough winter to kill them off. I have used Advantage II on my dog twice now and she seems to be not itching now. I thought she might be allergic to her food but that was not it. There are so many environmental things that pets can get in to in their own yards. Good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jun 14 8:58 am

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.