GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Raw Food Diet > Pig's feet
Nyota

Barked: Wed Mar 27, '13 8:31am PST 
My Nyota has been working on a pig foot for weeks. I know that sounds nasty, but it looks the same as it did when I gave it to her. She has gnawed off one end of it and keeps hiding it and pulling it out later. It is still cold outside so I am not so worried about it, but she probably won't be getting any once the weather warms up.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Mar 27 3:02 pm

Raw Food Diet > smell on stool.....
Nyota

Barked: Wed Mar 27, '13 8:25am PST 
Liver makes my doggies poo smell ewwwwww! I have a 40 lb 12year old sheltie and it only takes about a teaspoon of liver to affect him. I give more than that to my 40 lb akita puppy, but her waste smells bad only when she gets liver.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Mar 27 8:33 am

Raw Food Diet > Specifically what meats to feed?

Nyota

Barked: Wed Mar 27, '13 7:47am PST 
Oh yes, she is eating organs, liver, etc. I hide bits of beef here and there. She eats chicken, pork, turkey, tuna, salmon, whiting, she just isn't really liking the beef. I was just looking for something that I could raise at home to feed her. I was thinking about rabbits and guinea pigs.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Mar 27 7:47 am

Raw Food Diet > Specifically what meats to feed?

Nyota

Barked: Sat Mar 23, '13 9:53am PST 
Can I feed guinea pig, frog, dove, snake? I have seen lists of the supermarket meats, but what else do you feed? My dog doesn't seem to like beef and just got her to eat pork. So she is mostly a chicken and turkey fed dog. Do chicken and turkey bones count as raw meaty bones? I don't know that she is getting everything she needs with just poultry. Help!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Mar 27 7:47 am

Akita > Looking for an akita puppy...

Nyota

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '13 12:04pm PST 
Older gentleman in Lascassas, TN near Murfreesboro is trying to get out of breeding since he is now retired and wants to travel. He has at least a dozen females (one or two may be breeders) ranging in age from 6 months to 4 years. He quoted me an amazing price for the puppy and another one that was just perfect, but they were bigger than what I wanted as my first akita puppy. I am sure no training has been done because the gentleman had been sick in the fall. A friend of mine bought a 1.5 year old male from this guy about 3 years ago and that dog is the best dog. So friendly to everyone. Not a mean bone in his body and he isn't even neutered yet! Get in touch with me and I will get you his phone number. He said that his wife said they need to be gone!
[notify]
» There has since been -2 posts. Last posting by , Feb 26 12:04 pm

Raw Food Diet > Can I feed ground if it is cooked?
Nyota

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 7:50pm PST 
I have 2 dogs on raw diet. If I cook ground meat can I feed that to them or would it be like switching back and forth to kibble? I don't switch back and forth to kibble because I have read that it is bad to do that since they are digested differently. Is that because of all the 'extra' stuff in kibble? Carbs?

I am just trying to find less expensive alternative to no bone meals. I can't believe the price for hearts and gizzards! I pay more (almost double) for that than I do for the chicken quarters!
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , Mar 2 11:19 am

Akita > Looking for an akita puppy...

Nyota

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 3:23am PST 
I have recently tried to add a 3 month old akita puppy to my home with another dog already here. My other dog is male, neutered, 11year old Sheltie, not a mean bone in his body. New puppy, 3 month, female, akita. The puppy would kill him if I left them alone. She turns into a raging mess if he is within sight. She tried to play with him at first, but because they are almost the same size he was scared and would avoid her and sometimes show his teeth when she ran at him. She has attacked him 3 times and the last time she would not let go until I got pretty rough with her. I have never seen a puppy act like this so now they have been separated and I am trying to socialize her ONLY while on leash. There was no food involved in the last two attacks. The first attack was because she had hidden some of her food in the yard and I didn't know it until later. He walked near it and she probably thought he was stealing it. I now monitor all encounters between the two and she is always on the leash when in the yard with him. She will only be 4 months old next week, so I pray that I still have time to correct this misbehavior. Not trying to scare you, just trying to let you know there may be some intense work involved.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 26 12:04 pm

Akita > Busy toys for when I am not around to play

Nyota

Barked: Thu Feb 21, '13 12:00pm PST 
What kind of toys are going to keep this akita busy? Not really interested in ball. Loves the towel out of her doghouse . . . drags it all over the yard and 'kills' it over and over again. Not interested in chew toys. Squeaky toys occasionally get her attention for a few minutes, but then she moves on. She usually moves on to chew on something that doesn't belong to her like my outdoor furniture, or to get in the flowerbeds or try to dig holes or dig up plants. I try to get out and exercise her each day or walk her if we don't have to go to vets office or something, but I want her to be able to entertain herself while I am not available. Any suggestions for something an akita won't destroy in less than a day? She is only 3.5 months old so she is still learning to play the right way after being rough and tumble with the breeders for the last 3 months. They were going to keep her so the husband would play rough with her and tug of war, which is not going over too well with me at this point because it has caused some aggression issues that I am working on presently. She is crated while I am at work and is with me most of the day, but when I sleep in the afternoon since I work night shift she is in fenced yard. Please give suggestions for play area for Nyota.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 21 2:19 pm

Raw Food Diet > Is it my imagination or . . .

Nyota

Barked: Wed Feb 20, '13 11:16am PST 
Do my dogs have much less GAS since starting the raw diet?? When I brought Nyota home I was almost asphyxiated on the car ride home. Needless to say that bag of dogfood the breeder gave me did not get out of the car with us when we got home. She hasn't had kibble since she was at the breeders and NO GAS! Bodie my 11 year old sheltie is not constipated all the time now either and he doesn't have that nasty dog breath that he had before switching. Smaller poo . . . less gas . . . I am sold . . . oh and it is good for them!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Feb 21 4:51 am

Raw Food Diet > Got my first lecture from the vet this morning . . .
Nyota

Barked: Wed Feb 20, '13 6:47am PST 
He wasn't trying to push his 'brand' on us, but he stated that dogs are omnivores like we are and the canines who ate raw before kibble was invented only lived to be about 5 years old. This was the first time we had seen this vet it is a big office and I think that I may ask to go back to the lady we have been seeing on our previous visits. Just moved to the area, so I am not opposed to shopping around a bit more before we settle on this guy.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Mar 19 2:18 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.