Postings by Barbaro

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Raw Food Diet > Bug Help!
Barbaro

Barked: Wed Jun 26, '13 7:09pm PST 
I do feed raw diet but I'm not opposed to topical flea/tick treatments. I use K-9 Advantix on my dog. It does not go into the bloodstream and the best part is it also repels fleas, ticks and mosquitos!! I love it. May use it on myself. wink
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 27 10:12 am

Raw Food Diet > Close to giving up raw and holistic
Barbaro

Barked: Tue Jun 25, '13 7:37pm PST 
I had the same problems when starting my Dalmatian on the raw diet. OMG just thinking of the diarrhea gives me anxiety. I was up all night and he constantly had accidents in the house. What I did was stick to just chicken w/bone at first. Barbaro needed to be introduced to everything gradually. Also with the chicken we gave him Acidophilus. That worked wonders. Then after being on just chicken for a while we would introduce a new meat and so on. Good Luck!!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jul 5 5:49 pm

Raw Food Diet > Trouble discussing raw diet with vet?

Barbaro

Barked: Fri Jun 7, '13 7:49pm PST 
I also work at a veternarian who doesn't recommend the raw diet. But after my dogs health issues he and I decided it was worth a try. Now a few months later my dog is doing great and I find all the vets are asking me questions about it to become more informed. Sorry to hear you don't have the same support.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Barbaro, Jun 7 7:49 pm

Raw Food Diet > Raw Diet Food Frequency

Barbaro

Barked: Fri Jun 7, '13 7:43pm PST 
Just wanted to give you a little info about my dog. He is an almost 3 year old dalmatian who I started on the raw diet a few months ago. He suffered from loose stool in the beginning too. I was so nervous about giving him bone but once I started he began to do great. I give him 1/2 a whole chicken once a day. He isn't a vomiter so I find he does great on just once a day. He also cannot have other types of meats because dalmatians can't eat high purine foods. I do not grind the bone he eats it whole without an issue. The bone is soft enough so he can chew. I also give him acidophilus once a day to help.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Barbaro, Jun 7 7:43 pm

Raw Food Diet > Great Results with Raw

Barbaro

Barked: Sat Mar 23, '13 4:20pm PST 
Well I put Barbaro on the raw diet about a month ago now and he loves it. I started him on the raw diet because he suffers from severe urinary crystals and has ever since he was 8 weeks old. After prescription diets and home cooking without any improvement I spoke with my vet we decided to try the raw diet. I took a urine sample into the vet yesterday and the urine results were great. There were less crystal then ever and we expect to see even better results with more time. I have never been so happy.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Barbaro, Mar 23 4:20 pm

Raw Food Diet > Great Results with Raw
Barbaro

Barked: Sat Mar 23, '13 4:20pm PST 
Well I put Barbaro on the raw diet about a month ago now and he loves it. I started him on the raw diet because he suffers from severe urinary crystals and has ever since he was 8 weeks old. After prescription diets and home cooking without any improvement I spoke with my vet we decided to try the raw diet. I took a urine sample into the vet yesterday and the urine results were great. There were less crystal then ever and we expect to see even better results with more time. I have never been so happy.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Sandy, Mar 24 7:17 am

Raw Food Diet > Veggies/Fruit

Barbaro

Barked: Wed Mar 13, '13 8:52am PST 
Thanks for the ideas guys. He did loose a little when wee first switch but is going better now. I'm going to checkout that website.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Gizmo, Mar 14 12:07 pm

Dog Health > Bella collaspsed again :(

Barbaro

Barked: Wed Mar 13, '13 8:50am PST 
What other medications did they put her on? If Gabapentin isn't one you should ask if you can try it. Its a great pain blocker. Someone I know had something similar caused by a tick born disease where she couldn't use her front legs, she couldn't afford the larger specialty hospital in our area so her regular vet put her Deramaxx, Doxycyline and Gabapentin. It took some time but improved greatly. She gets a flare up from time to time but is doing very well. May not be the answer for Bella but an idea.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Coco, Mar 16 2:59 pm

Dog Health > Bella collaspsed again :(

Barbaro

Barked: Wed Mar 13, '13 6:04am PST 
When your vet sent out a titer are they including a test for Rocky Mountain? Even some strains of lyme disease can go undetected by a 4DX test. Just like with people there are so many strain you can't test for all. Before the paralyses began I was going to suggest syncope. Did they check her blood pressure? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll get some answers soon.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Coco, Mar 16 2:59 pm

Raw Food Diet > Veggies/Fruit
Barbaro

Barked: Mon Mar 11, '13 5:33pm PST 
I just started doing a pureed veggie/fruit mix in with Barbaro's food to make up for what he lacks because he can't have any kind of organ meat due to the high purine levels. Does anyone else do this? I still give him 1 and 1/2 pounds of meats normally chicken and turkey. Any suggestions??
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Gizmo, Mar 14 12:07 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.