GO!

Service & Therapy Dogs > boots for sd?

Halo

Halo-Master- wiggle butt

Barked: Wed Jun 26, '13 9:14pm PST 
lol I tried making halo a pair out of felt and she didn't seem to mind them to much. they just kept falling off cuz they had nothing on the bottom to give her traction.so off to buy real boots for my boxer buddy smile
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Aug 2 2:52 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > boots for sd?
Halo

Halo-Master- wiggle butt

Barked: Wed Jun 19, '13 11:10am PST 
Has any one try using booties on their sd if so what kind our best? im currently looking at ruffwear Grip Trex Boots&Canine Equipment Ultimate Trail Dog Boots.

The resion im looking into boots is because We are located in fl so the ground gets to hot on her paws in the summer and their are sand spurps and thorns everywere. we also travel so something that can hold you to different areas of the country. i also need booties with traction to help her walk on slippery floors. but they also need to be strong enough for her to go hikeing in and be able to get wet without a problem .also be used in boat, car ect and not mess up the fabric with her claws. she has no dew claws.

Im also looking for a clip-on bridge handle.if anyone knows of were to get good ones.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Aug 2 2:52 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > tips on training

Halo

Halo-Master- wiggle butt

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '13 8:01pm PST 
As far as doing fun stuff with her she gets taken out every day(unless for some resion im unable do to illness or she dose not feel good) and I always try my best to make whatever we are doing as fun and awsomely happy to her as I can as I love her alot and want her to be happy and love life.What I expect from her right now is really only basic obedince,continueing her house breaking and working on passing the CGC test together and haveing fun at puppy class.Also simply geting use to her harness and diffrent places and situations.Along with afew other comands for safety resions for me and her.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 14 10:00 pm

Halo

Halo-Master- wiggle butt

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '13 7:54pm PST 
I just need her to learn to come away from other dogs when told because sometimes the other dogs are not very friendly at all and as a pup that has only meet only friendly dog/pups sometimes she dose not understand they do not want to play at all.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Feb 14 10:00 pm

Halo

Halo-Master- wiggle butt

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '13 7:47pm PST 
Thanks she has a completly diffrent harness and bandana for when she can do nearly what ever she wants and I make sure to let her greet as many other other people and dogs in it as I can find.I monitor her play with other dogs because as a boxer she likes to play with her paws and I just dont want her to accidently hurt another dog.I also take her on regular trips to the dog park and on play dates and outing.I dont put her in her working harness her a ton yet since she is still a baby puppy but when I do its take her to get use to stuff she will incounter as a full working service dog also all on her own nearly nothing can destract her but afew small things like other dogs that training can over come later on.I make sure to always have good yummy treats for her like hotdogs/tuna fudge for her when ever she is "working" and im sure to capture and reward any good behaior.I keep my clicker and traets on hand when ever we are playing or "working".
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Feb 14 10:00 pm

Halo

Halo-Master- wiggle butt

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '13 6:40pm PST 
I have a boxer puppy in training as a service dog canadate.One of the problems I have right now is she wants to play with any dog that wanders to close and seems friendly.For the most part she seems to understand her service dog harness means its time to go to work.Ive been starting to train her to leave it/walk on when she other dogs when shes in her working harness.I also reinforce when she walks on or turns away from the other dogs. any tips on how to train her work comes first?
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Feb 14 10:00 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.