Barked: Fri Feb 8, '13 8:28pm PST 
wasting of thigh muscles can be due to hip dysplasia
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 8 8:28 pm

Dog Health > Finding a Good Veterinarian
Neo

Mr. Hankey

Barked: Thu Feb 7, '13 9:30pm PST 
I spoke to other dog owners and got some recommendations, then I Googled the vets name and looked for online reviews.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Feb 10 6:23 pm

Get Well Soon > Scruffy is very sick

Neo

Mr. Hankey

Barked: Thu Feb 7, '13 9:24pm PST 
Poor Scruffy, poor you. Sending positive vibes your way.
[notify]
» There has since been 41 posts. Last posting by , Apr 11 9:21 am

Get Well Soon > Is there any help when your dog has Cancer??

Neo

Mr. Hankey

Barked: Thu Feb 7, '13 9:21pm PST 
I'm so sorry Mia is ill. We've also just spent $1,600 on diagonostic testing and we are awaiting biopsy results to know if my dog has cancer. I looked for financial help online and found this site with lots of info. www.fightcaninecancer.com. Not much help for me due to my dogs age (11 yrs old). I have set up a chip-in fund but not having too much luck, some donations but not even enough to cover the initial urinalysis and culture. I had to take out a credit card to get the testing done, the vet wouldn't take care credit or pmt plans. I don't know what I'll do if he needs more surgery or expensive meds, almost maxed out my card limit already. Good Luck to you, I hope Mia does well.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 7 9:21 pm

Get Well Soon > Suddenly cannot walk..........

Neo

Mr. Hankey

Barked: Thu Feb 7, '13 9:07pm PST 
Same thing happened to my dog, Neo, that is why I joined the group, wanted to find some support. You should have a vet see your dog and check his prostate. If he has an enlarged prostate it will cause the hind legs to give out. I never knew that and I volunteer at a dog rescue and thought I'd heard of everything. Sadly, my dog has a tumor on his prostate. We are waiting for biopsy results to see if it is cancer. Please don't wait. The sooner you know the cause the easier it will be for you and your dog. And cheaper if you catch it early. I didn't go to the vet immediately, I thought it was achy hips from arthritis. I was wrong. Good luck, I hope it is nothing more than achy legs for your baby.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 7 9:07 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.