Postings by Cali

GO!

Raw Food Diet > Bug Help!

Cali

Barked: Mon Jun 24, '13 6:36am PST 
Hi, I need some help against fleas. I've been on raw food for 6 months, and doing well with it. But this spring, I got a bunch of fleas, and my people don't want to use chemicals to get rid of them. We've already tried garlic (cloves and powder) in my food, and topical treatments of garlic powder and tea tree oil. We're going to try apple cider vinegar next, topically. My people say that their previous dogs (who ate kibble) were free of fleas with just some oral garlic pills. Why won't that work for me? Do you know of any other natural remedies we can try?
Thanks......
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jun 27 10:12 am

Raw Food Diet > Chicken Feet (yum lol)
Cali

Barked: Thu Feb 7, '13 7:19pm PST 
Cali eats a chicken foot every morning. I have to break it in half to get her interested, or else she just tries to bury it. I hope she'll learn to eat it without me having to break it. (Cali is new to raw food -- we've had her two months.) I get chicken feet from local organic farmers.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Cali, Feb 7 7:19 pm

Raw Food Diet > My dog doesn't like liver! What should I do?

Cali

Barked: Thu Feb 7, '13 7:13pm PST 
Hey, thanks for all the good ideas. I'm glad to find out that some other dogs hate liver too. Today I tried actually *training* Cali a command to "eat your food." She actually responded very well and ate half a chicken liver to get some treats. Maybe with time, she will learn to like it, as some of you have reported for your dogs. Thanks.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Cali, Feb 7 7:13 pm

Raw Food Diet > My dog doesn't like liver! What should I do?

Cali

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '13 8:20am PST 
Thanks for your ideas. (I posted this initially.) So what do wild dogs do -- die from not eating liver, because they don't like it?? It doesn't seem right for me to have to force the organs on my dog. What about skipping the liver and giving her eggs instead? She loves eggs, and don't they have the necessary vitamins?
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Cali, Feb 7 7:13 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.