GO!

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Better in the Raw

Kody

Is it time to- eat now?

Barked: Sat Mar 9, '13 9:49am PST 
I got some Nupro but I've been afraid to use it yet. My problem is that the nutritional break down I got from them is for a 3 scoop serving (that's 3 tablespoons) but I got the "small dog" container with the scoop being only 1 tsp .... I just can't seem to do the math. The things you've mentioned ... E, magnesium, manganese, and zinc ... seem to be the most lacking. I understand about the B vitamins being water soluble and thus will pee out any excess, but the A overage concerns me. Almost every combo I've entered has been MAJOR over on the A.

For an example, I did a recipe with just pork loin and pork heart. Just those 2 things, when I click on the "Tracking" whatsit, niacin is 805%, thiamine 749%, and B6 805%. A small scoop of Nupro throws those things into the 1750-2200% range and A goes to 435% and not nearly enough E .... etc, etc.

I keep seeing you post that Max's diet is NRC balanced but I just can't get there. And I realize every meal doesn't need to belanced and that's not what I'm going for, but .... well, I just don't know. I'm extremely frustrated. Am I over thinking? Obsessing much?
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Mar 13 7:03 am

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Balancing the Diet in 21 Easy Steps
Kody

Is it time to- eat now?

Barked: Fri Jan 25, '13 2:01pm PST 
I give up. I've been messing with this for days, and even a recipe with a single piece of beef is giving me numbers Off The Charts!! I calculated and entered and recalculated and reentered and double, triple, quadruple checked the various conversions, and it's just all out of whack. I'm either learning impaired or I'm seriously "misfeeding" my dogs. Thanks for trying to help, but I've got to just step away before I hurt myself shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Aug 13 5:29 pm

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Avatar Pic

Kody

Is it time to- eat now?

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 10:37am PST 
Hi back wave Apparently the avatar is "pulled" from primary photo. Not sure how to show both dogs, but I'll figure it out. Eventually. Maybe. thinking
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Feb 11 3:11 pm

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Avatar Pic

Kody

Is it time to- eat now?

Barked: Sat Jan 19, '13 7:43pm PST 
Thanks for the welcome and for the info. I didn't get any kind of prompt about loading a pic when I created account. I have uploaded several pics in the meantime but can't seem to find any option for assigning as avatar. If I don't "trip" over it soon, I'll try to contact some help. Thanks again. Enjoy rest of the weekend.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Feb 11 3:11 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.