GO!

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Good Adoption Practices

Petey

If it fits into- my mouth it's a- toy

Barked: Sun Oct 13, '13 6:13pm PST 
My friend who has little dog experience asked my advice and I suggested she volunteered at the shelter to get a better idea of how much care dogs take and check out different breeds of dogs. I don't know if she is going to or not but I think it's a good idea.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Oct 13 6:13 pm

Behavior & Training > training a deaf puppy
Petey

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 3:21pm PST 
Thanks for all of your responses I've been working with him and he knows the sit and stay hand signs now yaydancing I've also noticed something interesting. When my little girl gets to close to my older dog while he is playing with a toy Mac growls but when Petey gets to close he just raises his mouth bearing his teeth. Do you think Mac knows Petey is going deaf?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 20 6:01 pm

Petey

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '13 5:55am PST 
Thanks for the advice we are trying hand signals but it seems hard to keep his attention. Any more advice would be appreciated.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jan 20 6:01 pm

Petey

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 11:01pm PST 
We have a 7 month old puppy who is extremely hard of hearing. We've been able to house train him and teach him some minor things. we've noticed he copies his sister but we are having trouble teaching him sit, stay or come when his sister is not in the same room. Does anyone have any training advice?
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Jan 20 6:01 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.