GO!

Dog Health > Yellow Mucus Vomit

Envy

Being a sinner- is so much fun

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 3:38pm PST 
Have you had him tested for acid reflux? Just a suggestion as the mucous could in fact be acid.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 14 3:38 pm

Dog Health > Excessive Drinking & Urination
Envy

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 11:41am PST 
I was thinking the same as Bunny. Any news on how your pup is doing?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jan 14 6:01 am

Dog Health > Diarrhea

Envy

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 7:28pm PST 
Has he been tested for IBS or IBD? I would switch to a fish protein to see if it clears up, maybe add some plain yogurt to help his digestion or if he is already on a food that has probiotics in it, but I would try a limited food or fish protein. Is he on grain free?

Since it's about every 2-3 months have you tried seeing if there is an anxiety trigger? When is your city water treated? There are soooo many different possibilities. I would sit down and write a list of things you could start doing or eliminating to see if it clears up on a more permanent basis.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Jan 22 9:53 am

Food & Nutrition > Confession time. What's the worst snack/food thing you'll still give your dog?

Envy

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 5:47pm PST 
Cheese, peanut butter, whipped cream from the can, t-bonez dog treats, rawhides..the list really goes on lol. Treats are not used here very often at all so I don't really bother to buy them anything special.
[notify]
» There has since been 34 posts. Last posting by , Jan 22 4:22 pm

Food & Nutrition > TOTW or Nature's Veriety Instinct?

Envy

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 11:50am PST 
I honestly like TOTW. I mean i'm semi torn because of the recalls, but a lot of good foods have had recalls, and any food for that matter can. I like TOTW because Zane has a chicken allergy and I can buy the Sierra Mountain "flavor" and not have to worry about it having any poultry. I feed all 4 of my cats TOTW and all 3 dogs, and everyone does extremely well on it. I do soak my min pin's food only because the kibble is pretty hard and big for him to chew. I think for the price, TOTW is a great food. I pay $26 for a 15lb bag of cat food and $42 for a 30lb bag of dog food. I go through a bag of cat food once a month and a bag of the dog food twice a month...but again I feed a 200lb dog on top of my 2 little dogs.

TOTW does make a puppy food as well.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jan 8 3:00 pm

Boston Terrier > Flatulence issues
Envy

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '13 3:40pm PST 
I think that's only half the reason, I know brachycephalic dogs do tend to take in more air when they eat than non brachy dogs do, but I also know that Bostons can have finicky stomachs as well which I think add's to it.

This is one of the things I am dreading when I finally get to bring Envy home lol.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , May 5 6:55 pm

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Kind of new to dogster!!

Envy

Barked: Fri Jan 4, '13 3:07pm PST 
Thanks Flicka! It seems to have calmed down quite a bit here compared to 3 years ago lol
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jan 22 3:55 am

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Kind of new to dogster!!

Envy

Barked: Thu Jan 3, '13 8:17am PST 
I had an account a few years ago. My pup had gotten cancer and I deleted the account. I am back now though and it feels really good to be a fur mom again!

Zane is my 3 year old Saint Bernard, he is the life of the party, mainly because people are astonished at his size..200+ pounds!! He is just a giant baby though, and enjoys trying to fit his giant self in your lap.

Envy isn't able to come home just yet. She is a Boston Terrier and is only about 5 weeks old right now, so she has a few weeks before coming to her new family. We are really excited to be getting her, but nervous at the same time because we have never had any type of dog besides a Saint...so it will be new territory for my husband and I.

I also have 4 cats and 4 children!! Our family is quite the bunch!!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jan 22 3:55 am

Boston Terrier > Flatulence issues

Envy

Barked: Thu Jan 3, '13 7:25am PST 
Yes, from what I have heard and researched Boston's can be prone to being gassy. I haven't brought my little girl home just yet, so i'm not sure if Envy is a gassy girl, but it does run in the breed apparently.

Have you tried feeding her more than once a day to see if that helps any?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , May 5 6:55 pm

Puppy Place > New Puppy
Envy

Barked: Thu Jan 3, '13 7:05am PST 
I'm not really new to Dogster, I was on here years ago with my other dog who unfortunately passed away due to cancer in 2010. I left for a while, but decided to make a come back.

I am in the process of bringing home a new puppy. I have only ever owned Saint Bernard's, and Miss Envy is a Boston Terrier...so a completely new breed for me and my husband. I'm not really 100% sure what to expect, I have done my research and I am very well aware of the medical issues she can have in the future, as well as some other problems, like a difficulty in house-breaking.

I guess I just wanted to introduce myself and Envy as we will likely be hanging out in the "puppy place" pretty often until we get the hang of each other. I also have Zane who is a 3 year old Saint Bernard. We have 4 cats who reside with us and 4 children as well. We are quite the family wink I look forward to sharing experiences on Dogster and I look forward to finding what I need in order to be a prepared new fur mommy.

BTW- Envy gets to join our family in about 2 weeks. And we are so very excited to have her!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jan 16 11:02 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.