GO!

Dog Laws & Legislation > Does a 'beware of dog' sign lessen liabilities?

Wilbur

Leader of the- Pack

Barked: Tue Mar 25, '14 4:50pm PST 
For more than seven years we've had a deck box next to the driveway clearly marked UPS FEDEX, DSL. And a sign 24" x24" metal sign with the dogs pictures on it Stating: Dogs contained by invisible fence, We can make it to the fence in 2.3 seconds can you? Do not not go beyond this sign. All deliveries to be placed in deck box. If signature is required Blow horn, someone will come out. For the seven years we have had no problem until this year. UPS person came onto property walking right past the sign, got bit, then proceeded to abuse the dogs by striking them with that thing you sign. He was standing right next to the sign on the other side of the invisible fence stepping over the fence line lunging at the dogs. I pointed out the sign and told him get off the property and he continues hitting the dogs even though the dog could not and would not cross the fence line they were just barking! He claims he couldn't see the sign because the grass was too long, BS. I found out later he changed his story saying there was garbage pail in front of it, again not so. Needless to say the dogs were rushed to emergency vet, unbeknownst to us a few months later we wondered why our insurance went up, They paid him $700. for his injuries!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Mar 28 10:00 pm

Jack Russell Terrier > Possum , Just an opinion, please...
Wilbur

Leader of the- Pack

Barked: Sat Apr 20, '13 6:43am PST 
Last night my two played tug of war with a possum, one was covered with blood from the possum, we couldn't find any wounds on them. They are going in for booster rabies. And I was advised to bathe them with gloves on. Animal control is coming to pick up the possum. We handled the dogs without gloves last night and now animal control says we have to call our doctor to see if we need shots. I think all this is a bit of overkill as they have killed possums before. What do you guys think?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 20 6:43 am

Jack Russell Terrier > Does anyone compete with their JRT?

Wilbur

Leader of the- Pack

Barked: Sat Apr 13, '13 9:19am PST 
I have two on five acres that go in and out the dogie door from sun up to sundown. My dog has been Racing (flats and hurdles) and lure coursing champion for three years in a row(local), 2010 National Champion, 2011 Reserve Champion. He will be six in August and I haven't able to condition him as much so don't know how he will do this year or whether we will even compete. Recently he injured himself so depending on how he heals will decide his next career move. The bitch doesn't really compete she will do GTG and barn hunt and has won a couple ribbons but nothing to write home about.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 13 9:19 am

Jack Russell Terrier > Why is it?

Wilbur

Leader of the- Pack

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '13 9:16am PST 
Took a quick look at the gallery and there are many dogs that obviously are not JRT's. They may have JRT's in them but shouldn't they be posted in a different category such mixes?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 23 6:26 pm

Wilbur

Leader of the- Pack

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '13 9:06am PST 
If so, in what way? I do racing, and lure coursing and plan to start training in agility.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Apr 13 9:19 am

Wilbur

Leader of the- Pack

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '13 9:02am PST 
If so, in what way? I do racing, and lure coursing and plan to start training in agility.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 5 9:02 am

Jack Russell Terrier > Hi! I'm new here...

Wilbur

Leader of the- Pack

Barked: Mon Dec 31, '12 9:42am PST 
Just thought I'd pop in to possibly chat with other JRT owners.smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Dec 31 9:42 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.