Postings by Sputnik

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Puppy Place > My 4-week old husky pups smell & feel disgusting. Bathing suggestions?
Sputnik

It moves? Love- it!

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 9:53am PST 
Dawn is not harmful to a puppy as long as you bath them correctly.
Why would so many other people reccommend using it?
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Mayhem, Jan 24 7:31 pm

Puppy Place > My 4-week old husky pups smell & feel disgusting. Bathing suggestions?
Sputnik

It moves? Love- it!

Barked: Sun Jan 6, '13 5:43pm PST 
I'd suggest dawn dish soap, the blue kind.
It doesn't contain harmful chemicals and good for puppies of any age. Just make sure to bath them in a sink, and to keep the soap away from their little eyes.(:
[notify]
» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by Mayhem, Jan 24 7:31 pm

Puppy Place > Peanut butter lips.

Sputnik

It moves? Love- it!

Barked: Sun Jan 6, '13 4:41pm PST 
I gave Sputnik a bit of peanut butter last night and it was pretty cute! He kept licking his mouth for about two minutes afterwards and it was hallarious.(:
Question: Is peanut butter a good choice for a snack for a pup? If so, could I give it to him for a daily protein thing?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tanqueray Tonic, Jan 7 10:12 am

Puppy Place > When does it end?

Sputnik

It moves? Love- it!

Barked: Sun Jan 6, '13 4:32pm PST 
Well, I would take him with me to his house, if it was HIS house lol.
He lives with his mom right now, due to the fact that he's 18 and working on getting a place, and she doesn't want a puppy over there. Before I used to stay with him for over half the week, and it was more of a home then any other place. Being here is highly depressing, and probably a big reason why I'm having a hard time with my stress levels with sputnik..
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Mishka & Luna, Jan 7 4:08 am

Puppy Place > New here with housebreaking question

Sputnik

It moves? Love- it!

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '13 4:20pm PST 
My pup just turned 10 weeks old today, and Ive had him for a week. I didn't know there was an animal that needed to pee as much as he does but I was wrong! We go to the bathroom about every three hours a night, and we go every half hour to hour a day and we still have accidents! Crating at night has gotten rid of nighttime accidents since puppies dont like sleeping in what theyve eliminated in, and crating has also helped with daytime accidents when I need to shower or do household chores or eat. So I suggest crate training, and taking the pup out every half hour to hour during the day.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Lexus, Jan 5 8:02 pm

Sputnik

It moves? Love- it!

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '13 3:38pm PST 
Wow, Moose you're the first one on here to make me feel better about my whole situation. You shared a personal experience with me, and it really makes me feel like this won't last forever. The whole thing with you being isolated, that's kinda how I feel. I used to spend four days out of the week with my boyfried (we've been together for a year and a half) and I'd stay nights with him as well. Before I got Sputnik, I didn't consider the fact that spending days and nights with him were over for awhile, and after a week, I miss basically what was my true home, and him of course. He tries staying here, but its not the same. We're both pretty uncomfortable at my parents house. Plus he's kinda been guilt tripping me into how I haven't been staying with him... But from what I got out of your experience.. I'll be able to stay with him again soon. And that makes me look forward into the future.(:
Thanks so much!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Mishka & Luna, Jan 7 4:08 am

Sputnik

It moves? Love- it!

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '13 2:00pm PST 
Thanks for all the good advice everyone... I do alot to tire him out. Walking, playing fetch, etc. It helps, but it's not enough sometimes...
And I guess I kinda am suffering from PPD lol. The third day I had him home I broke down and sobbed from being so tired and frustrated...
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Mishka & Luna, Jan 7 4:08 am

Sputnik

It moves? Love- it!

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '13 11:26am PST 
The frustration, agitation, irritation, anger. When does it start to level out after getting a puppy? Don't get me wrong, I love Sputnik, but my patience levels are so low I wanna vomit.frown
Anyone felt like this when you first got a dog or puppy? If so... when did it end for you?
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Mishka & Luna, Jan 7 4:08 am

Puppy Place > Seperation anxiety in new owners.

Sputnik

It moves? Love- it!

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '13 11:13am PST 
I have started crate training him when I take a shower, and usually he falls asleep as soon as he gets in there, so thats also when I do my laundry and the dishes...
I've also started crate training him to sleep in there at night, and I take him out every 2 to 3 hours to go to the bathroom.
With the overnight thing, I mean with my family...
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sputnik, Jan 5 11:13 am

Dog Health > Do dogs cry??? I mean cry with tears....
Sputnik

It moves? Love- it!

Barked: Thu Jan 3, '13 4:57pm PST 
I've never seen Sputnik actually break out into tears, but I do believe in a sense he does cry when he knows he's upset me.
Whenever he's done something really wrong and I say NO very firmly and tell him to go lay down and point to where hes supposed to lay, he goes and lays down and stares at me with the saddest eyes ever.
It's so easy to hurt a dogs feelings, but they forgive you so easy as well.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jan 29 8:31 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.