Postings by Remy

GO!

Dog Health > Please HELP MY DOG

Remy

Barked: Wed Dec 26, '12 10:58am PST 
Yes please feel free to go to my profile and check out the pic I just posted...
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Dec 30 10:18 am

Dog Health > Please HELP MY DOG
Remy

Barked: Wed Dec 26, '12 10:33am PST 
Please help!

I am a first time dog owner and I have had my pit (which is now one year old) since she was 8weeks old. Everything has been great since we got her and has been a great addition to my family!

Although...

Two days ago I noticed a patch on hair missing on her left shoulder slightly below her collar. The area also seems to now be an abrasion .. I noticed she had been scratching the area really bad which has resulted in hair loss in that area. The area has becomes inflamed and the skin is broken but not bleeding, almost like just a scrape under the skin
. This just arised over this Christmas Holiday, the day before Christmas Eve she seemed fine, we were gon and she was alone most of the day but when we or home we didn't notice any patches but in Christmas Day after arriving back home from being out all day again, we then noticed the patch and Remy scratching excessively.. I'm not sure wether this is a SERIOUS issue that needs medical attention or something that I can treat with proper care at home. Please advise.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Dec 30 10:18 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.