GO!

Raw Food Diet > Salmon oil or Fish oil capsules

Dakota

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 8:11pm PST 
Hi Duke! Sorry about the delay! I can't remember the name of it, but it is sold at the Red Bandanna stores. Do you have any near you? I've stopped getting that particular once, since I think I may be doing a raw diet from now on and need to save on cost. I am using Grizzly Salmon Oil now and so far so good. It is a liquid form and comes in a 32 and 64oz bottle. Here is the website that I order from. LOVE THEM! And have never had any issues. They also have a chewable form that our dogs LOVE!

http://www.revivalanimal.com/Grizzy-Salmon-Oil.html
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Sep 12 7:21 am

Dakota

Barked: Sun Dec 30, '12 5:35pm PST 
I'm currently feeding her 2 cups of dry, with fish oil in the morning, and 1 cup of dry and a raw patty with fish oil for dinner. Should I go full raw in AM and PM with fish oil or does it really matter? Her coat after 1 week is much softer and fuller. (Maybe it's just me wanting it to work for her, but I really think there's a difference!)
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Sep 12 7:21 am

Dakota

Barked: Mon Dec 24, '12 4:24am PST 
I have had this same dilemma. Don't like the liquid because it is a LOT of liquid for our large guys. We have a Doberman Pinscher and a GSD that are both 90+ lbs (fitting weight) and it gets messy quick. My vet sells a powder that is specifically formulated for dogs and they seem to live the taste but it does have a very strong smell so don't inhale when putting it in their food! wink coats look AMAZING but it's not the cheapest stuff out there. I'm using a different liquid now that is super concentrated. Has 4,400mg of Omega! The most I've seen in any fish oil supplement. Only have to add a teaspoon! (I'll add the name once I'm home).

I also wanted to get everyone's opinion about raw diets. I know a dog that has the softest coat I've ever seen on a GSD and that it the only thing he does. Feeds her raw. Do you think that is the best solution to a flakey and the desire to have a soft shinny coat? Or should I continue feeding her her dry food and just add fish oil?
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Sep 12 7:21 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.