Postings by Bridget

GO!

Dog Health > Shorty's tummy issues. Advice?

Bridget

Just Going With- the Flow

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 6:49am PST 
I think it would be a very good idea to fast Shorty. Then, offer him some boiled chicken and rice. You can mix plain yogurt in with his food for the good bacteria. Also, you should be giving him Pedialyte in with his water to keep him from getting dehydrated. Pepto Bismol can be given every 3 hours. Don't feed any table scraps to a dog that has such a sensitive stomach. You should also try feeding Shorty three small meals per day instead of one large one.
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by , Dec 22 10:39 am

Dog Health > Parvo/distemper and ? vaccine combo?
Bridget

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 6:46am PST 
I think you seriously need to educate yourself on the severity of this disease. Vaccines are the only way to fully prevent parvovirus. Never allow your dog, vaccinated or not, around any other dog that has parvo. I'm constantly cleaning my dog's bowls and I pick up all poop as soon as they go. Vaccinated or not, if you dog is ever exposed to a dog that has parvo, get to the vet immediately!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Sabi, Dec 7 5:52 am

Dog Health > Does anyone know what this condition affecting my dog's back legs is called?

Bridget

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 6:43am PST 
You will need to limit Carter's activity. Does he skip when he walks? If he is overweight, you need to get the extra weight off of him. Have you ever noticed any lameness? What position are his legs in when he stands?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Dec 7 5:32 am

Dog Health > Vet Tags?

Bridget

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 4:56am PST 
My dogs all have tags with my phone number and the vet's phone number on them. They are also microchipped. All three are licensed with our city, too. I've made up lost pet packets for each of them (photos, rabies vaccination certificate, license number, microchip number, and microchip company contact information) just in case one of my babies every gets lost. I even have already made lost posters for all three of them! laugh out loud I also have a humane dog trap, so I'm probably more prepared than anybody! My elderly neighbors have a sweet cat that I just love and I even paid to have her microchipped and bought her an ID tag for her collar. It's a good idea to keep a contact list handy of all the local animal shelters in the area, which I keep on my fridge. I feel good about convincing my neighbors to keep their cat indoors instead of letting her roam around outside as she pleases. If my dogs are not inside or in my securely fenced backyard, then they are on a leash!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Seth, Dec 6 7:55 am

Dog Health > Shorty's tummy issues. Advice?

Bridget

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 4:50am PST 
This is a condition you will probably have to monitor for the rest of his life. Try fasting him for 12 hours and only letting him have water. After the fast is over, try introducing him onto a bland food of cottage cheese and cooked ground beef. You can also give Immodium AD for the stomach issues. Bridget is on a digestive supplement called Only Natural Pet Ultimate Daily Canine Vitamins Plus, and I can highly recommended it!
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by , Dec 22 10:39 am

Dog Health > Tricks To Get Urine Samples
Bridget

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 4:45am PST 
You want to talk about hard, I had to do this with a cat once! First, I had to remove all the old litter. Then, clean the entire litter box. By clean, I don't just mean rinse out, I had to scrub this thing with bleach! Then, I had to fill the litter box with packing peanuts and pray my cat would go on them. Finally, after she went, I had to remove all the dirty urinated on packing peanuts and use an eye dropper to get a small sample of urine for the vet to test! laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Dec 7 7:38 pm

Dog Health > Do dogs really benefit from joint supplements.

Bridget

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 4:20am PST 
You should pick a few joint supplements you like and compare them. Look at the ingredients of each. Read up on each ingredient and find out how it will affect your dog in the long term. Make sure to note any side effects of each ingredient. Once you narrow down your list of supplements, go ahead and choose the cheaper option!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Lilly CD CDX JD JDX AD, Dec 6 7:19 pm

Dog Health > Tricks To Get Urine Samples

Bridget

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 4:09am PST 
There have been a lot of great suggestions on what to use! Just take your dog outside and let her go to the bathroom. When she goes, slip the container under her urine stream. Then, take it to the vet!

EDIT: wishes
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Dec 7 7:38 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.