GO!

Dog Health > Tricks To Get Urine Samples

Amanda

Did You Say- "Walk" !?!

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 4:27am PST 
I guess Amanda is just easy. The one time I had to collect from her she squatted, I collected, and off to the vet. I would also like to add - if it's warm outside where you live, it might be a good idea to put the sample in a cooler full of ice to preserve it until you get to the vet. Getting the sample for Amanda's urinalysis was very simple, so I'm just going by my experience. It sounds like you should just go ahead and have the vet do a cytocentesis.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Dec 7 7:38 pm

Amanda

Did You Say- "Walk" !?!

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 3:35am PST 
You can also try using a low edge bowl. Whatever you use, make sure to wash it with hot and soapy water, then let it air dry before you use it to collect your dog's urine. You could try taking her for a walk on a leash. If you have to walk her 10x in one day to get the sample, that is what you will have to do. If you don't have a screw-top jar to place the urine sample in, you can use a new, clean plastic sandwich bag. Just make sure to store the sample in the refridgerator.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Dec 7 7:38 pm

Dog Health > Do dogs really benefit from joint supplements.

Amanda

Did You Say- "Walk" !?!

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 2:43am PST 
This is probably something you should be asking your veterinarian. You should also do research on the different types of supplements out there and their test results. There are tons of over the counter joint supplements for dogs. Amanda gets a supplement caled Only Natural Pet Ultimate Daily Canine Vitamins Plus, as an immune, skin, joint, and overrall wellness supplement.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Dec 6 7:19 pm

Amanda

Did You Say- "Walk" !?!

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 2:30am PST 
Hello, Amanda's mom here. We just joined tonight, but I've been reading the Dogster forums for some time now. This is my first post and I'm so excited! I hope I can maybe be of some help here. Dogs are most likely to need to urinate right upon waking or after eating. The best way to collect the urine is in an old margarine container, tin pie pan, or old frying pan (like Jackson suggested). Since your girl is so hard to follow and seems to like her privacy, keep her inside for a long time until you know for sure she has to go very badly. Once you get the urine, put it in a screw-top jar and place it in the refridgerator, unless you plan on visiting the vet within 2 hours. If you can't get the urine from your dog, then you will have to take her to the vet and have them do it.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Dec 7 7:38 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.