Postings by Twister

GO!

(Page 1 of 33: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Rescue refuses to return pet Sheltie "Piper"
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Wed Aug 20, '14 10:51pm PST 
Well, I hope the courts settle it quickly when it gets there. I'm following the story until it's over. I believe the reason so many people are outraged over this, and following the story...is this could happen to anyone. Micro-chipping has been pushed so much as the ultimate...guaranteed...way to have your lost pet returned, but the dog is NOT being returned.

Sorry, but I really have no love lost for COSR due to their unethical handling of this situation.
From what I understand Sanderbeck refused to cooperate with all attempts at third-party negotiations with the NSRN (including telling Melton she was going to "destroy paperwork and make Piper disappear"; NSRN eventually cut ties to COSR due to her uncooperation).
Also, it was Sanderbeck who claimed her home was burglarized and accused Piper's owner (and used that as a reason to stall negotiations), but she stopped responding to the officers who were investigating the alleged break-in (oddly enough, the only thing missing was some paperwork that were public record at the shelter), which caused the police to stop the investigation into it.

This should never have escalated to this point. The way I see it, two major things contributed to this:

1) The shelter did not do their job correctly.
2) Sanderbeck, for whatever reason, decided the original owner did not "deserve" to have Piper returned to her.

http://www.bestinshowdaily.com/blog/pipers-saga-the-early-da ys-a-closer-look/
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Twister, Wed 10:51 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Wed Aug 20, '14 3:13pm PST 
Flicka, lol.laugh out loud For me it really is the opposite. I stay inside all winter, can't take the cold. I grew up in the sub-tropics, so that's prob what makes all the difference.

Sonja, I love Stargate! That would be awesome.smile

Beanie, sorry about that. I hope you can get it figured out.

I would like to visit Disney, but would prob end up spending most my time at the beach. I really want to go snorkeling. smile Hopefully I won't become too much of a beach bum, lol. I've missed the ocean. One of the electives at the college I'm going to is kayaking, so I really want to take that.
[notify]
» There has since been -1 posts. Last posting by Sonja, Wed 5:48 pm

Twister

forever loved

Barked: Tue Aug 19, '14 1:55pm PST 
The vet found the lump was caused by a botfly larvae.silenced They got it out, but it left a pretty big hole, so has to heal from the inside out and have ointment put in twice a day. I'm relieved though, she should be fine now. The buns are definitely staying inside now no matter how much they thump their feet at me.

Sonja, that would be awesome to go to Disney World! I'd like to go sometime, but it's prob not going to happen anytime soon, lol. I think the coldest (cold for them) months are supposed to be Dec and Jan.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Sonja, Wed 5:48 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Rescue refuses to return pet Sheltie "Piper"

Twister

forever loved

Barked: Tue Aug 19, '14 9:32am PST 
Yes, I agree the shelter failed to do their job properly.
I know this all started around four months ago (just first I heard of it), but it is still an on-going battle. In four months no one (at least outside COSR) has seen Piper, not even a picture, which is something I find odd.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Twister, Wed 10:51 pm

Puppy Place > New for Forum and Have New Puppy

Twister

forever loved

Barked: Mon Aug 18, '14 8:59pm PST 
Welcome, Dakota! She sounds like a smart girl, keep up the good work with her! welcome
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Twister, Mon 8:59 pm

Twister

forever loved

Barked: Mon Aug 18, '14 8:52pm PST 
Sounds yummy, Sonja! cloud 9 A friend just posted a recipe for chocolate chip pumpkin pudding cookies, so now I'm getting a bit hungry...

I'm getting used to refreshing the pages, oddly enough, I was checking out Petfinder and had to do the same thing.thinking

Will have to call the vet in the morning. Found a large lump on the side of one of my buns, I believe it's an abscess. frown
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Sonja, Wed 5:48 pm

Twister

forever loved

Barked: Mon Aug 18, '14 5:13pm PST 
There are a few points that seem to be told differently, such as when AC actually talked with the vet (they did call on Good Friday though, this article says they didn't get an answer; the owner says the vet had asked for more time). Either way, AC never followed up on the vet, instead choosing to release Piper to COSR.

Anyhow, I thought this article was interesting:

http://dogknobit.com/2014/08/13/piper-and-justina-th e-same-difference/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campai gn=Feed%3A+dogknobit+%28DogKnobIt%29
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Twister, Wed 10:51 pm

Twister

forever loved

Barked: Mon Aug 18, '14 4:57pm PST 
Has anyone else read about this yet?
Apparently back in April, a ladie's pet sheltie got loose while being pet-sat. AC picked it up, scanned her for a chip, which she DID have. They called the vet office on a Friday, but they were busy having sold the office and asked for time to look for the info in their paper files over the weekend. But they were not given time despite the 14 day hold policy and AC called the Central Ohio Sheltie Rescue and had them pick up Piper on Monday (imo, poss for the pull fee rescues usually pay). On Tuesday the owner learned of what happened and quickly tracked down where Piper was located.

However, COSR claimed Piper was now legally their dog and refused to acknowledge all the proof of ownership the owner has (she claimed multiple people called claiming to be the owner, however, Piper is a co-owned champion show dog, with one primary owner who is the one taking her to court), and refused to even meet with the owner, and has even gone so far as to post a $10,000 counter-bond a judge ordered her to pay or give the dog back just so she would not have to give back the dog (that money did not belong to her, but the $10,000 the owner put up for bond was out-of-pocket). The owner is now having to raise money to file a federal lawsuit. During all this time, no one has seen Piper, but COSR is taking applications for her.

https://www.facebook.com/BringPiperHome?fref=nf

http://ww w.nbcnews.com/id/55869061#.U_KNnyAo7IU

http://www.naiaonline.org/ guest_editorials_and_commentary/page/fairy-tales-into-nightmares#.U- 4bgu3GNhk.facebook

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/apexchange /2014/08/17/oh--dog-court-fight.html

http://www.bestinshowdaily.c om/blog/200-for-a-champion-sheltie-an-update-on-piper/#respond

Th is is burning me up. People keep saying micro-chip your pet so it can be returned...but what's the point if people like this can basically say "well, it's ours now, so there". I also think this can really hurt the reputation of rescues. Makes me wonder how many times someone found/got a dog, KNEW it had an owner (saw an ad, had a tag, chip, etc), and just kept it or gave away/sold it without ever trying to contact the owner?! Even if there is no contact info on the dog, if you find one, LOOK for the owner! Keeping a dog you know has an owner, or not bothering to look for them, is THEFT, pure and simple.

My Twist has been missing over a year now...if I ever found out someone found him/knew what happened to him and didn't bother to try to find/contact me...naughty
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Twister, Wed 10:51 pm

Twister

forever loved

Barked: Mon Aug 18, '14 2:38pm PST 
Yeah, it's just frustrating when you do post and never get a response. It's like talking to a wall.
Checked back through my last page of posts, and aside from this thread which seems to be the only really active one I enjoy, they only had 0 or 1 post after mine.
Ah well.shrug I'll try again, though I'll prob be too busy soon to do much.

Re FL, I'll be in the panhandle so it shouldn't be as bad as southern FL, but I'll take sub-tropical climate over cold weather any day. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Sonja, Wed 5:48 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Help me Choose Small dog that can do big dog things
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Mon Aug 18, '14 2:13pm PST 
Double-post.

nom nom nomdog
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Princesse Lily CGN, Mon 6:49 pm

(Page 1 of 33: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.