Postings by Twister

GO!

(Page 1 of 33: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Rescue refuses to return pet Sheltie "Piper"
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Fri Sep 19, '14 12:27am PST 
The Case over Champion Show Dog, Legacies Pipe Dream (Piper) is now set for a Pre-Trial Hearing on Oct. 24, 2014 in Columbus, Ohio.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/09/17/1330478/-Four-Mont hs-and-Counting-Piper-s-Case-Moves-to-the-Courtroom
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Twister, Sep 19 12:27 am

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Thu Sep 11, '14 11:57pm PST 
Hi ya'll!wave

Moose, talk about a blessing in disguise! Hope you heal quickly!hug

I've been quite busy, still am really, so won't be on very much. I really wanted to have an Art minor, but I didn't think I would have the time for it so didn't take it (I'm a Biology major so not required to have a minor). But now I keep seeing people with art supplies, and they have some awesome paintings hanging up all over the place by students so I'm kinda regretting it now.frown Ah well. I got to go to the beach so that was awesome. smile

Hope everyone is having a good day. blue dog
[notify]
» There has since been 131 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 2:16 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Rescue refuses to return pet Sheltie "Piper"

Twister

forever loved

Barked: Thu Sep 11, '14 11:30pm PST 
[The “rescue’s” attorney is pro bono through the Ohio ASPCA, which I think, speaks volumes as to the position of the ASPCA on dog ownership rights.]

http://caninechronicle.com/breaking-news/dog-ownership-i ssues-piper-the-sheltie-update/
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Twister, Sep 19 12:27 am

Twister

forever loved

Barked: Fri Aug 29, '14 10:48pm PST 
Another article. I'm honestly surprised Dogster doesn't think this is a big enough story to be writing about (or follow-up articles if they ever did write about it).

"On the day that Cheryl Meredith died, Sanderbeck was allowed to be present (after being banned by the Hospice earlier). Sanderbeck brought Tamara Basso with her and the two women spent the last hours talking constantly about how the “dog will never be found, she is totally hidden”. Adam said that he and others present felt something wasn’t right, yet it was still several weeks before he and his brother learned of the now raging controversy surrounding Sanderbeck’s refusal to return Piper to her owner."

Interesting note: If I remember correctly, it was Basso who notarized the Power of Attorney Sanderbeck had for Meredith (which her family did not find out about until after her death); it was also Basso who was with Sanderbeck the day she claimed two women broke into her house (huh, two women...) and has apparently been helping her conceal Piper by the way they were talking. Sounds like Sanderbeck has a friend who is willing to misuse their legal authority.

http://www.bestinshowdaily.com/blog/veronica-covatch-p ipers-ownder-speaks-out/
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Twister, Sep 19 12:27 am

Twister

forever loved

Barked: Fri Aug 29, '14 3:15pm PST 
This is crazy, Sanderbeck sank much lower than just keeping (stealing, imo) Piper. She has committed crimes and should be jail. The only reason she isn't is because, also imo, she is skilled in the art of manipulation.

She betrayed the trust of a friend and her family while she was on her deathbed (!), broke into their home, stole legal papers, stole mail, and stole money. All this was going on at the same time she took Piper. In light of this, I firmly believe she is lying about someone breaking into her own home to throw people off (which is likely why she stopped cooperating with police to find the alleged burglars). People who are skilled at manipulation know how to twist things around to make themselves seem like the victims, and never admit to doing anything wrong (or if they do, they make excuses for it and/or accuse others of things real or false to make them seem worse).

Sanderbeck should not be allowed to have a rescue, much less Piper.

Here's just a sample from this article of what Sanderbeck did to a lady she called her friend (Adam is Meredith's son):

"On June 16, 2014, Adam received a phone call from the Hospice where he was advised that Sanderbeck had attempted to get nurses on the 3-11pm shift to witness a new will for Cheryl Meredith. The nurses refused and immediately contacted their supervisor. The hospice wrote to the Merediths advising them of the incident and stating that Cheryl "did not possess the cognitive capacity to make informed decisions" and that the hospice had informed "Penny" that the staff would not witness any documents."

"Approximately 4:19am, approx. 45 minutes after Cheryl Meredith's death, Penny Sanderbeck without the family's knowledge, cleaned out Cheryl Meredith's bank account via the ATM, even though her Power of Attorney died with Cheryl Meredith.

Adam Meredith stated that a few days after his Mother's death, he went to her apartment to begin to clean it. When he arrived, he said he found Penny Sanderbeck inside. When he asked Sanderbeck what she was doing there, she told him she had a Power of Attorney and said he should talk to Attorney John Bell. After she left, Adam found the area where legal documents kept to be ransacked."

*Note, I believe Sanderbeck manipulated Adam's mother into giving her some form of Power of Attorney (which Adam had), it is explained more in the article.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/08/29/1325564/--She -s-taken-something-as-natural-as-death-and-birth-and-turned-it-into- something
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Twister, Sep 19 12:27 am

Twister

forever loved

Barked: Sun Aug 24, '14 2:36am PST 
Sorry that happened, Toto.hugrainbow That's really sad.

Hi lurkers.wave

Got some more packing done, and was able to sell my bike (yay)...just have one week left before moving(!). My sisters are getting a loot of directions for bunny care since I can't take them with me just yet.frown I just hope this move and college works out, I really need a change after the past couple years.

Anyhoo, hope everypups doing well! Goodnight.kitty
[notify]
» There has since been 200 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 2:16 pm

Twister

forever loved

Barked: Sun Aug 24, '14 2:23am PST 
I def agree Scooter, I think that is a large reason why this is getting so much attention.

Btw, Sanderbeck IS accepting applications for Piper, regardless of her status.

"Although Penny Sanderbeck is not willing to give Covatch her dog, she is willing to accept applications for adoption from anyone else.

There is a few stipulations that applicants for Piper must go through before being considered. Sanderbeck's attorney, John Bell, will be taking the adoption applications. The applicant must prove not to be involved in the alleged burglary in May of the director's home/rescue shelter. And finally, applicants must not be connected to Ms. Covatch or support her in her right to fight for the return of her sheltie."

http://www.examiner.com/article/ohio-rescue-refuses-t o-return-lost-sheltie-to-owner

At this point I honestly believe Sanderbeck is refusing to return Piper out of spite, not out of concern for her well-being.

I would note the burglary is still referred to as "alleged".

Imo, someone who would not support the right of the owner to fight for the return of her dog...well, that's not someone I would want having a dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Twister, Sep 19 12:27 am

Twister

forever loved

Barked: Wed Aug 20, '14 10:51pm PST 
Well, I hope the courts settle it quickly when it gets there. I'm following the story until it's over. I believe the reason so many people are outraged over this, and following the story...is this could happen to anyone. Micro-chipping has been pushed so much as the ultimate...guaranteed...way to have your lost pet returned, but the dog is NOT being returned.

Sorry, but I really have no love lost for COSR due to their unethical handling of this situation.
From what I understand Sanderbeck refused to cooperate with all attempts at third-party negotiations with the NSRN (including telling Melton she was going to "destroy paperwork and make Piper disappear"; NSRN eventually cut ties to COSR due to her uncooperation).
Also, it was Sanderbeck who claimed her home was burglarized and accused Piper's owner (and used that as a reason to stall negotiations), but she stopped responding to the officers who were investigating the alleged break-in (oddly enough, the only thing missing was some paperwork that were public record at the shelter), which caused the police to stop the investigation into it.

This should never have escalated to this point. The way I see it, two major things contributed to this:

1) The shelter did not do their job correctly.
2) Sanderbeck, for whatever reason, decided the original owner did not "deserve" to have Piper returned to her.

http://www.bestinshowdaily.com/blog/pipers-saga-the-early-da ys-a-closer-look/
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Twister, Sep 19 12:27 am

Twister

forever loved

Barked: Wed Aug 20, '14 3:13pm PST 
Flicka, lol.laugh out loud For me it really is the opposite. I stay inside all winter, can't take the cold. I grew up in the sub-tropics, so that's prob what makes all the difference.

Sonja, I love Stargate! That would be awesome.smile

Beanie, sorry about that. I hope you can get it figured out.

I would like to visit Disney, but would prob end up spending most my time at the beach. I really want to go snorkeling. smile Hopefully I won't become too much of a beach bum, lol. I've missed the ocean. One of the electives at the college I'm going to is kayaking, so I really want to take that.
[notify]
» There has since been 212 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 2:16 pm

Twister

forever loved

Barked: Tue Aug 19, '14 1:55pm PST 
The vet found the lump was caused by a botfly larvae.silenced They got it out, but it left a pretty big hole, so has to heal from the inside out and have ointment put in twice a day. I'm relieved though, she should be fine now. The buns are definitely staying inside now no matter how much they thump their feet at me.

Sonja, that would be awesome to go to Disney World! I'd like to go sometime, but it's prob not going to happen anytime soon, lol. I think the coldest (cold for them) months are supposed to be Dec and Jan.
[notify]
» There has since been 218 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 2:16 pm

(Page 1 of 33: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.