Postings by Prissy

GO!

Dog Health > dog with bad diarrhea

Prissy

Barked: Mon Apr 15, '13 7:06pm PST 
Hey I have a rat terrier dog who is almost 5 years old and her name is Prissy and she is having bad diarrhea. Her stomach has been making alot of weird noises for a week and now since saturday she been having diarrhea, tonight the diarrhea is really bad, it is like water, I gave her some medicine that the vet had gave me to give her when she has diarrhea but it isnt helping, she has been whining and crying off and on all day, and when she has the diarrhea it has this awful odor, way worse that usual. What could be wrong with her and should I call the vet tonight or could I just wait until tomorrow. Any suggestions would be helpful.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Apr 17 3:02 pm

Behavior & Training > How to help a dog that is grieving
Prissy

Barked: Sun Mar 10, '13 5:35pm PST 
Hey I have a rat terrier dog that is 4 years old and her name is Prissy and she has been crying and being very whiney. My Dad died February 27th and she was very attached to my dad, she would set in his lap for hours, she really loved him. Now she sets at his chair looking up and cries, she sees his shoes and clothes and she cries, sometimes she will get so upset that she has diarrhea really bad and sometimes she will not eat. Any suggestions on what I can do to help her.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Mar 11 6:52 pm

Dog Health > any thoughts on a holistic vet for a dog with health issues

Prissy

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '13 4:14pm PST 
Hey I have a dog who is 4 years old and her name is Prissy and she has inflammatory bowel that is immune related and she has Pancreatic insufficiency, vitamin B12 deficiency and she has allergies to different things, currently she is on Prednisone, not sure how long she will have to be on that, I am not to crazy about her being on it because her liver enzymes are already high and she has to have blood test often to check the levels. I been hearing people talk about holistic vet may be able to help her with her allergies and inflammatory bowel disease. It is like she really doesnt even care about eating, I have to make her eat most days, Some days she will eat without me having to make her. Anybody ever took there dog to a holistic vet and any thoughts on holistic veterinarian.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Nakita Mae Angel Girl, Feb 10 8:13 pm

Food & Nutrition > Any opinions on Royal Canin Anallergenic dog food for a dog with severe allergies

Prissy

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '13 11:25am PST 
Hey sorry it is Royal Canin Anallergenic food
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Addy, CGC, Aug 22 4:06 pm

Food & Nutrition > Any opinions on Royal Canin Anallergenic dog food for a dog with severe allergies

Prissy

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '13 10:27am PST 
Hey I have a dog who is 4 years old and her name is Prissy and the vet just recently changed her food because found out that she has severe allergies to food and she has allergies to grass, she also had inflammatory bowel disease and the vet said royal canin anallergenic food is good for dogs with allergies and inflammatory bowel disease. Anybody has a dog that eat that food.
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Addy, CGC, Aug 22 4:06 pm

Dog Health > dog with severe allergic reaction and taking prednisone
Prissy

Barked: Sat Feb 2, '13 8:07am PST 
Hey I have a dog who is 4 years old and her name is Prissy and she has been having vomiting and diarrhea all week, she has inflammatory bowel disease and pancreatic insufficiency so I thought that was acting up but yesterday her eyes started swelling and her face and I been noticing for a while her eyes would run water and she would act like she couldnt see very good especially when she went outside and now her fur on her neck and other areas is coming off and she been scratching alot so I carried her to the vet yesterday and he took some tests and said she had a bad allergic reaction, she is allergic to chicken, eggs,dairy products, grain,she is also allergic to grass and beef and lamb so the vet put her on royal canin analallegenic food. The vet also put her on Prednisone and tylan she has SIBO and she is on metroniodazole and gave her a vitamin B12 shot, her skin looks really bad it is red and her fur is coming off. I didnt really want her on Prednisone, I heard people say it isnt very good for dogs but if it will help her I am willing to try it. Does Prednisone make them not have energy, she will not even get up and walk any, which she has been really tired lately and hasnt been playing much, now she is just sleeping all the time except she will wake up for a few minutes and cry and scratch and then she goes back asleep. How long is Prednisone usually used for in a dog and has anybody ever used Royal canin anallergenic food. The vet said her inflaamtory bowel disease is flaring up be also said that a allergic reaction can cause diarrhea and vomiting.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Precious Pearl, Feb 6 2:50 am

Food & Nutrition > Suggestions on dog food

Prissy

Barked: Fri Dec 28, '12 2:11pm PST 
Hey I have a rat terrier dog who is 4 years old and her name is Prissy and she is currently on Purina EN dog food because the vet put her on that kind because some of the other dog food caused her to have diarrhea. She has a rash on her stomach and chest and she is very bad constipated, she cant go to the bathroom. I am not sure if it is the dog food or not. She is very skinny, she isnt gaining weight, she is actually losing weight. Several people have said that Purina isnt a good food. Any suggestions on a food.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jan 1 9:16 am

Behavior & Training > Barking rat terrier

Prissy

Barked: Wed Dec 5, '12 11:36am PST 
I have a rat terrier dog who is 4 years old and her name is Prissy and she barks and growls at big dogs. I am afraid she is going to get hurt one day because if she sees a big dog she will bark at growl so much that it will try to get her, she will bark so much that she will throw up, I am taking her to obedience classes but it seems to be making her worse and not helping her, because she wants to pay the big dogs attention or hide up under a chair in class and not listen, the little dogs she doesnt bark at them. when she sees a big dog she bark and growl and shake and if I am holding her she will scratch my arms up trying to get down. Any suggestions on what I can do to help her.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 5 2:07 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.