GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Puppy Place > Update on Trooper - Vet thinks he'll be fine!
Trooper

I'm such a- little trooper!

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '13 10:26am PST 
So Trooper has been home with us for about a month now. In that time, we've kept a close eye on him because of his balance issues. The good news is that he seems to be improving. His balance is worse when he first wakes up, but he's walking much better and running around the house like he owns the place. I took him to the vet recently to get his next round of shots, and she seems to think he might even grow out of it eventually. He did really well at the vet's office and everyone passed him around and told him how cute and awesome he was. I'm pretty sure he loved all the attention. He weighed in at 3.5 pounds and goes back to the vet for another round of shots at the end of the month. As far as home goes, he's doing great. Still working on the potty training thing, but I think that might take a while. I'm not worried though. I'm just glad he's been doing so well and wanted to update everyone--especially those of you here on the forum that gave me such wonderful encouragement when I made the decision to bring my special little man into my life.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 16 11:00 pm

Puppy Place > Recommended chew toys for chewing puppies
Trooper

Barked: Wed Dec 19, '12 1:58pm PST 
Trooper wants to chew on everything, and the toys I've purchased for him just arent seeming to cut it for him. I've heard that kong is good, but I couldnt find anything small enough for him when I went. I also found some toys that claimed to be for teething, but I wasn't too sure about that, either. Anyone got any suggestions?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Dec 20 2:48 am

Dog Health > Could this actually be vertigo?

Trooper

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 5:54am PST 
That link didn't work. :
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Dec 22 7:22 pm

Trooper

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '12 8:28pm PST 
Thanks for the resource! He doesn't do the vomiting, but he does have several of the symptoms which lead us to believe that he may have some inner ear issues going on. This definitely helps. I've been looking at some videos of it online as well and seen some cases that are quite a bit more severe than others. Trooper gets around well enough but he stumbles and goes around in circles at times and sometimes falls. He also sometimes tilts his head when he does the circling. It doesn't seem to affect his attitude. He is still a happy little boy with a healthy appetite and he loves to play. Hopefully the vet will help us figure it out.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Dec 22 7:22 pm

Trooper

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '12 6:29pm PST 
So we got Trooper home. We've been watching him for a couple days now and started doing some research because we were told he was a special needs dog, but that the vet didn't really know what was wrong with him. It was described as what appeared to be something wrong with his back legs. But the longer we watch him, the more we think it might be something else.

My mother and I did a little bit of research, and we are going to ask our vet about vertigo. There are forms of it which can apparently be permanent in dogs for various reasons, and Trooper has pretty much all of the signs of it. It would even explain why his legs seem to fail him sometimes. From what we read, it's kinda rare for it to be so severe, which might explain why the first vet didn't think of it, but we're going to mention it to our vet and see if it's a possibility, because there are treatments for it.

Has anyone ever heard of this before?
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Dec 22 7:22 pm

Puppy Place > Bringing Home my pup on Saturday -- What I've got and what should I have?
Trooper

Barked: Sun Dec 16, '12 9:17am PST 
He's home! We picked him up yesterday and the breeder actually gave us tons of extras I wasn't expecting. She gave us another crate for him that's a little bigger than the one that I have which is nice. I am going today to pick up some treats for him and I picked him up some extra toys and things yesterday. He has a sock monkey that is literally the size of his body and he chews on the leg and cuddles with it. It's so cute.

Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 18 1:22 am

Food & Nutrition > Pro Plan to...?

Trooper

Barked: Sun Dec 16, '12 9:09am PST 
I got a small five pound bag of food for him and he seems to like it. It's the pure balance stuff. He doesn't seem to eat a lot, but it's so exciting just having him home finally.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jan 6 7:49 am

Trooper

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 9:06am PST 
Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions. I am going to check out pure balance and taste of the wild, and maybe canned food. I hadn't thought about that, but I imagine he won't eat too much with how small he is. You all have ben so wonderful since I've joined the site with all of your suggestions and support. Thank you.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Jan 6 7:49 am

Trooper

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 1:30pm PST 
the pro-plan isn't that expensive, but my budget allows up to about 35-40 that I can spend.
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by , Jan 6 7:49 am

Trooper

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 11:48am PST 
I'm going to eventually switch my puppy from pro plan chicken and rice puppy to something else, but I'm not really sure what to switch to, and I'm working within a budget. Does anyone have any suggestions on better foods to switch to?
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by , Jan 6 7:49 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.