Postings by Mika

GO!

Puppy Place > New puppy tips and tricks.. ? -- Puppy 101

Mika

Barked: Sat Nov 17, '12 1:07pm PST 
Okay, so.. my husband spoke to her and explained all of the health concerns with separating mom from puppy too early and she said a lot of people have told her different things and one even told her 4 weeks!! I couldn't believe someone actually suggested that.. its waaay young, but once he explained why she should wait she said how it made sense and if we wanted her to she will keep ours for longer. Which I mean, I am thankful for, but I wish she would do the same for all of them.

Also, since Thanksgiving is coming up.. we won't be able to visit them until the weekend after and they should be almost 3 weeks old at that point and I would like to visit again at some point.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Nov 17 2:25 pm

Mika

Barked: Fri Nov 16, '12 9:14am PST 
Thanks so much for your help =)

I am having my husband speak with her hopefully today about keeping the puppies longer and to inform her of the health reasons. I know that he told me before that she didn't really know how long to keep them and someone told her 6 weeks and then she came back the other day and said they might be ready to go at 4 weeks because they are doing so well. So, I told him everything I found out.. hopefully she will keep them longer.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Nov 17 2:25 pm

Mika

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '12 9:30am PST 
I am preparing to get a German Shepherd puppy in a few weeks (probably just before Christmas). They are only 1 week old right now and we are supposed to get them at 6 weeks. This is my first time owning a dog as an adult and I really want to make sure I train correctly and all that. I was wondering if anybody could give some advice, tips, or tricks that would help. We need to potty train and we will need to get her spayed, but I wasn't totally sure on the appropriate age for that.

Anyways, any advice would be helpful..
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Nov 17 2:25 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.