GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Dog Laws & Legislation > If you know your Pit Bull is DA with some dogs why walk past houses where these types live? RANT
Zeus

Zeus - King of the Dogs

Barked: Thu Jan 23, '14 6:33am PST 
Was the dog on your property? If not, mind your own business. If you can't have a fenced yard, you should keep your dogs tethered or on a leash. You are bashing her for her bad owner behavior when yours is just as bad.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jan 26 10:41 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > My dog is in Italy and Bit someone
Zeus

Zeus - King of the Dogs

Barked: Thu Jan 23, '14 6:29am PST 
Did that person ask for it? ie. teasing the dog? Or did he just go wild? If the person asked for it, walk away. If not, you will need to pay for their medical expenses and file an animal control report.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 23 6:29 am

Dog Health > Anyone else not have a/c??

Zeus

Zeus - King of the Dogs

Barked: Wed Sep 4, '13 2:36pm PST 
We don't have AC and we have a Saint Bernard and a German Shepherd. They both get very hot. We keep the place cool with open windows and fans. (The fan show blow the air out of the house, not in, a lot of people make this mistake). I keep the blinds closed on the side of the house that the sun is shining on. I also make sure they have water with ice all the time.

On days over 80, we go to a lake nearby, or the river, or we just find a slew for them to swim in.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Sep 4 3:28 pm

Dog Health > so confused

Zeus

Zeus - King of the Dogs

Barked: Wed Sep 4, '13 2:33pm PST 
Sounds weird. Will the vet not do a free follow up? You paid so much and they didn't solve your problem. Maybe he needs the nail removed? Maybe the infection is deep and the meds wont help. Maybe he needs IV or removal of nail.
[notify]
» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by , Sep 10 9:00 am

Dog Health > Saint Bernard Ear Problem

Zeus

Zeus - King of the Dogs

Barked: Wed Sep 4, '13 1:22pm PST 
I have a 1.5 year old SB who has, in the last two days, starting shaking his head very roughly in relation to what I assume is an itch in his left ear. He will also scratch it with his back paw which has rough nails and can leave it bleeding. frown

I feel so bad for him and if it doesn't clear up by Friday, I'll take him to the vet, but I am wondering if I can avoid the high fees somehow.

I thought it could be water as he plays in the river and lake almost every day. I thought it might be mites but the vet said that is highly unlikely. The ear looks very clean to my eyes.

What do you think it could be? If it us just water, can I just let him drain it on his own? Is there a product at Petsmart that I could buy to soothe him?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Oct 29 4:06 am

Food & Nutrition > Need help deciding on a food?
Zeus

Zeus - King of the Dogs

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 8:16am PST 
Thanks everyone. No, I can't order online.

I have decided to go with Coctco's brand of food, Kirkland. It got 4 stars on dogfoodadvisor and its the same price as pedigree.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Dec 18 5:01 am

Zeus

Zeus - King of the Dogs

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 9:07am PST 
I have checked the feeding guidelines for Nutro, BB, and Natures Variety and it will cost me over 200 bucks a month.

I am looking into Authority and Nutrience.

Thanks for the suggestions.

It's hard to feed two big dogs properly and without breaking the bank.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Dec 18 5:01 am

Zeus

Zeus - King of the Dogs

Barked: Tue Dec 4, '12 3:08pm PST 
Thanks Ginger. Unfortunately none of those foods are availbe to me. I only have access to petsmart and global pet foods.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Dec 18 5:01 am

Zeus

Zeus - King of the Dogs

Barked: Tue Dec 4, '12 8:26am PST 
I have a one year old Saint Bernard (and a two year old GSD). The SB has started to smell recently and he is losing weight. He is uninterested in his food and sometimes will not eat all day. He gets Pedigree dry and Pedigree wet. He is also starting to smell like stale, moldy wet rags.

I have decided to change their food.

I just don't know what the best food is for them. I can only spend about $100 a month on food and these big dogs eat a lot, which is why Pedigree is great. I can get 20kg for $30 and it lasts two weeks.

So lets say I will spend $50 - 60 every two weeks.

I used to buy Royal Canin for the Shepherd but it got too expensive at 70/bag when we got the SB, then we used Eukaneuba for a while at $60/bag but they ate too much of the small bag and it was too expensive.

Is there a large breed dry food, large bag (18 - 20 kg) for $60 or less, that is good for the dogs?

Thanks for all your help!
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by , Dec 18 5:01 am

Dogs and a Clean Home > Swiffer Wet - not safe for dogs?
Zeus

Zeus - King of the Dogs

Barked: Wed Nov 14, '12 1:23pm PST 
This is a huge old wives tale. Read the truth here.

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/swiffer.asp
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Aug 7 6:50 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.