Postings by Jocie Anna Dorkus

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Behavior & Training > Pulling on a Lead
Jocie Anna- Dorkus

Miss Spitfire

Barked: Sat Oct 27, '12 3:33pm PST 
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=vc6gduiU0hk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv% 3Dvc6gduiU0hk. If your so sure I'm being cruel this is an example of how ot is used correctly -_- see no pressure at all lol when used correctly there os no way it harms her mentally or physically.
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Oct 29 6:04 am

Jocie Anna- Dorkus

Miss Spitfire

Barked: Sat Oct 27, '12 3:24pm PST 
Just because they are a family unite it does not mean that there is not a pecking order. Also you conveniently forget the many dogs who have become dominant in the relationship and as a result harmed someone. Again when the method is used correctly there is no harm to the puppies kneck. If you hear that a few dogs a harmed and And abused while using this method than you can not assume that it is the method. It was not carried out in the correct manner it was intended. Not everyone does it exactly right and that is why you ask a professional who actually has experienced it being performed the right way. I have never and will never be someone who harms an animal and I sure as heck am not doing so now. -_- she is not beaten or abused and is very happy dog. Again assuming that all dogs that go through this method are beaten and scared. There will always be people who give the majority a bad Rep. In fact there is an Akita in my obedience class that his owners tried for years to train him using other methods under other trainers and he constantly attacks his owners and has to have a muzzle most pf the time and he thinks he is alpha. The dog isn't happy and neither are the owners because he is not submissive and he snaps at them.
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Oct 29 6:04 am

Jocie Anna- Dorkus

Miss Spitfire

Barked: Sat Oct 27, '12 2:46pm PST 
Not to say that a dog needs to follow laws like us, but that what she goes through is not any more inhumane than what our law system put on us. Again if a wolf goes after the alphas food that wolf os disciplined by the alpha.
[notify]
» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Oct 29 6:04 am

Jocie Anna- Dorkus

Miss Spitfire

Barked: Sat Oct 27, '12 2:40pm PST 
You guys are assuming that there is no verbal command that accompanies it. Also if stress is so bad. Than I would never leave her alone at home because she will become stressed as a result. And I cant put her in her kennel ever because she will become stressed. Oh and there can never be ANY kind of discipline at all for children seeing as how this will stress and worry them. Oh and stress of any kind is bad even healthy stress related to school work. If this method harmed the dog it would be punishable and yet there isn't. We as a nation are submissively to laws and morals so I guess we should just forget about following laws that keep our well being safe. If there were only praise for following rules and not repercussions for disobeying them than many more crimes would result.
[notify]
» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Oct 29 6:04 am

Jocie Anna- Dorkus

Miss Spitfire

Barked: Sat Oct 27, '12 12:56pm PST 
When was the last time you guys actually looked at the obediece training method used on champions? I do not yank hard enough to damage her throat nor is this actually damaging to her throat. If you actually saw this method performed right it would be obvious that she is not hurt at all. It is meant to be a short burst of light pressure. Not cruel at all. Also when solid you last watch a video of the interaction between an alpha wolf and its follower? Do you think that the follower is stressed? Or unhappy? It is happy to please and greet his alpha. Don't forget that the tail is wagging and not between her legs. This body language means submissiveness not stressed. Seriously do you homework before assuming things. This method is not outdated it os also used for obedience champion everywhere not to mention ones recently put in the Guinness Book of Work Records. -_- you cant bust think about human psychology you have to look into the instincts to need a leader to be happy. Humans hats to be bossed but a canine thrives on pack nature regardless of human ideals.
[notify]
» There has since been 30 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Oct 29 6:04 am

Papillon (and Phalene) > Smelly Dog
Jocie Anna- Dorkus

Miss Spitfire

Barked: Sat Oct 27, '12 12:19pm PST 
Paps don't usually have any odor so its probably something with how.its taken care of. Though my grandpa has an old dog that for years has always had a foul odorous no matter how much he was washed. Poor guy doesn't get much attention due to this. My puppy gets a bath once a week and a brushing with nice smelling puppy detangler. Best smelling pup ive ever smelled lol. Cant wait for her grown up fur to make its appearance cloud 9 flowers
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Jocie Anna Dorkus, Oct 27 12:19 pm

Papillon (and Phalene) > Do your Papillons "talk"?

Jocie Anna- Dorkus

Miss Spitfire

Barked: Sat Oct 27, '12 12:12pm PST 
Jocie howls and does this mischievous little growl. smile shes such a little punk lol
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Mighty Maximillian, Nov 13 9:58 am

Jocie Anna- Dorkus

Miss Spitfire

Barked: Sat Oct 27, '12 11:58am PST 
Another point is that people wear a choker necklaces all the time... its also like when you put a saddle on an unbroken horse for the first time. They are going to be stressed out by the saddle and also the harness. But with lots of love and attention they see it as another form of communication that is not harmful. Is it uncomfortable for a horse to have stuff in its mouth? Yes of course, but they soon get used to it and are not fearful of their handler. Discomfort is not bad. It is not actual pain. Watch a video of a horse being introduced to a halter and saddle. they dislike being led and the pressure of both. Bit is that harmful to them?snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 34 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Oct 29 6:04 am

Jocie Anna- Dorkus

Miss Spitfire

Barked: Sat Oct 27, '12 11:36am PST 
The choke collar does not actually choke the dog and is used for training that is imparative to both the dog and handler. Nor do I just yank and pull with it. Like the example of a child about to run into traffic you only tighten your grip on their arm I. The decontrol that they make that forward motion. Also your neck has a lot of muscle so the ammount of pressure unforced by the collar does nothing but get them to realize that their disobedience is not worth the struggle for independence. My own puppy has gotten to the point that she sees training as a game. She is happy and not cowed when training. Her tail wags enthusiastically and though her her ears are back it is the same body language you would see on a wolf when greeting its alpha. Its not like this method does not include lots of hugs and petting when she obeys. Every single time she obeys I give her lots of love and repeat that she is a good girl. Its all in the body language that she is happy. In fact my trainer constantly reminds people that affection is extremely important. Honestly if people would actually study this method instead of assuming the worst they would see that its not a painful experience for the dog. And I would trust a dog that went through this method to heel off leash more than any other method.blue dog
[notify]
» There has since been 35 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Oct 29 6:04 am

Behavior & Training > This makes me ill.....
Jocie Anna- Dorkus

Miss Spitfire

Barked: Sat Oct 27, '12 11:11am PST 
Intimidation does not mean the dog is unhappy it just means that you are in charge. Its similar to how wolves live in the wild. The subordinate dogs love their leader and have a healthy ammount of respect for that leader. I'm not saying that this is how people train Hunting dogs...just that they are not in any real pain. Sure they might be stressed but that isn't a crime. I wouldn't personally use fireworks myself but I regularly test my pup by taking her on walks to places that she isn't sure about. At first she is stressed but she soon learns that she will not get harmed. This also helps keep her safe because if she ever does manage to get loose loud noises will not mean fear and she will not make a blind dash into danger. She is confronted with what she fears and becomes less spooked. Again I don't think fireworks are needed and wouldn't use this idea, but I don't think, there is any need to freak out as many people did.
[notify]
» There has since been 53 posts. Last posting by Jax (earned her wings 5/30/12), Nov 9 6:06 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.