Postings by Augustus

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Behavior & Training > Augie lays on his side and "swims"
Augustus

Barked: Wed Jul 31, '13 8:50am PST 
He will be seeing the vet this week for his check-up s I'll check with her on the seizures... but, I think he is just being weird.

Last night I grabbed a paw while he was swimming and he stopped, smiled at me, and rolled over for a belly rub. He appears to be fully awake and aware when he is doing it. I think he swims because it is fun, or maybe like a child rocking he finds it soothing.

Goofy dog!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Bosley , Aug 2 10:20 pm

Behavior & Training > Augie lays on his side and "swims"
Augustus

Barked: Tue Jul 30, '13 3:44pm PST 
Is this just weird, or is my boy trying to tell me something?

Augie (1 year old Saint Bernard) will often lay on his side on the floor and "swim" (All legs moving in a swimming motion). He'll do this for 30 seconds to a minutes, pause to pant and breath, and repeat until he is worn out. He does this several times a day.

I can't figure out if he just thinks its fun, or if there is something stressing him, or what.

Anyone seen this before?
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Bosley , Aug 2 10:20 pm

Behavior & Training > Need a full nights sleep...

Augustus

Barked: Thu Apr 4, '13 9:34am PST 
He gets a ton of exercize during the day tussling with our other pups (they have about an acre they play in during the day), eats dinner around 7, then we usually end up snuggling on the couch for an hour or two. He goes out again before bed... and usually falls asleep as soon as I settle in (he sleeps onthe floor next to my side of the bed)...
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Indiana, Apr 10 10:45 am

Saint Bernard > Recurrent Diarrhea

Augustus

Barked: Thu Apr 4, '13 9:28am PST 
No fun! Augie went through a phase with this, and my vet reccomended adding fiber to his diet. We sprinkled his food with Metamucil for a few weeks, and things solidified...

I recently changed his food from AvoDerm to something else that out pet store reccomended... its a single protein sorce (lamb) but comes in a 40lb bag which is useful... Can check the brand tonight.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sebastian, Apr 15 2:37 pm

Saint Bernard > How much did your St Bernard weigh at 8 weeks?

Augustus

Barked: Thu Apr 4, '13 9:26am PST 
Can we get an updated pictire of Sebastien!!! He's a cutie!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Dexter, Oct 13 9:32 am

Behavior & Training > Need a full nights sleep...
Augustus

Barked: Thu Apr 4, '13 8:34am PST 
My 11 month old St Bernard wakes up after about 3 hours of sleep and wants attention. Sometimes i can just reach over and pet him and he'll settle and sleep, but sometime he gets it in his head he want to go outside. A battle of wills ensues. I ignore him, he whimpers and crys like his heart is breaking. I snap my fingers, tell him to go to sleep and a he settles for a few minutes, then flips flops sighs and eventually goes back to the heartbreak song.

I usually break first, let him outside where he drink a bit, wanders a bit, and then is fine with coming back in and sleeping another 3 hours before we start the cycle all over again. Sometimes I manage to hold out and he eventually settles and goes back to sleep... of course by then I'm wide awake.

How do I get a full nights sleep? Tonight I'm going to try to let him stay up with the hubby a few hours later, so he's more tired when he comes to bed (an I get that first 2 hours of precious zzzz's) and then I am resolved to not give in.

I need to sleep!!!!
Leslie
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Indiana, Apr 10 10:45 am

Saint Bernard > Bath time!

Augustus

Barked: Wed Feb 13, '13 12:41pm PST 
I finally was able to get Augie down to the Wag and Wash self serve dog wash last night. I wash my other pups (Sheperds) in the bathtub, but he is too big and furry. They have these big tubs to wash and then a drying station and my biy tolerated it all quite well.

He ended up a 100lb stuffed animal! So soft and fuzzy...

How do ya'll wash you Saints? And how often?

Snow tomorrow so he'll be back to mud by Friday, but it is so nice to have him clean and fuzzy today!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Sebastian, Apr 3 7:19 am

Saint Bernard > St Bernard blog

Augustus

Barked: Thu Jan 24, '13 12:46pm PST 
Love it!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Mar 5 3:20 am

Saint Bernard > How much did your St Bernard weigh at 8 weeks?

Augustus

Barked: Mon Dec 3, '12 12:00pm PST 
I'm curious, Gatsby and Moose... did you see a slow steady growth? Augustus is now 7 months, 75 lbs... we are seeing 10-11 lbs a month pretty consistantly since we brought him home at 8 weeks.

Wondering when your boys peaked and their growth started slowing?
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Dexter, Oct 13 9:32 am

Saint Bernard > Is my Saint Bernard underweight?
Augustus

Barked: Fri Nov 2, '12 10:51am PST 
My vet told me that St Bernard can take 2-2.5 years to reach full size... so I wouldn't worry too much...
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Scooby, Dec 16 9:16 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.