GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Service & Therapy Dogs > tips for possible theraphy dog..
Emma-Gem

I'm the PRINCESS- of the house!

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 1:43pm PST 
So I would Love some tips on how to get my little Emma the shih-poo started on "pre-therapy" training...(any suggestions on socializing, what she should know before she goes to any therapy training courses and volunteering etc. We are also thinking of maybe putting our Sheltie in a program too! thanks a lot Dannii. Please note we are in Canada I'm aware of the St john's program and Therapy paws (I think that's what it's called!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 15 3:00 pm

Behavior & Training > Therapy Dog Training in Ontario???
Emma-Gem

Barked: Wed Feb 6, '13 10:42am PST 
So I was wondering how I get my Puppy involved in therapy Dog Training (if there is any) she already knows basic commands, I am working on her socialization skills (she's kind of getting a late start on training (7 months old) she's a shih-poo) we have all of her shots up to date! Has ALOT of energy to burn! Would love any advice, tips etc!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 6 10:42 am

Local Tips, Playdates & Meetups > Waterloo, Ontario

Emma-Gem

Barked: Wed Feb 6, '13 5:07am PST 
Hi there, I come down that way (to KW) area a lot ! as I got shopping and occasionally bring the kids (Emma a shih-poo) and William a sheltie! (I am also a groomer (been doing it out of my home from less then a year) it's a lot of fun but also a lot of work! maybe one day we can meet with our dogs!
dannii!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Mar 19 2:41 am

Grooming > How to Brush a Sheltie?

Emma-Gem

Barked: Mon Nov 26, '12 8:09am PST 
I use a dog rake because they have so much hair and can get tangled you want to de-shed their coat! you can use a slicker too and a furmanatior is awsome also (I've had a sheltie boy for 5 years I also groom dogs! It's great to get them into grooming very early so that they enjoy it all threw their life! Otherwise you can have alot of tangles and matts which isnt healthy! Enjoy your new baby!! Welcome to Sheltie Nation! hehe
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Nov 27 6:56 pm

Dogster Crushes > Single Pups

Emma-Gem

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '12 8:26am PST 
HI I'M EMMA....im 4 months lol still alittle young to date (says mum) looking for a mini poodle boyfriend...i live in oNTARIO canada i love to play with my toys..sit on mummys lap, eat, sleep and run around in the park! i have a brother William...he kinda has a gf but only see's her when she wants puppies...! would love to have a boyfriend to meet up for playdates nothing serious...no i don't want puppies!!! i am the only "puppy" in this house!!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Nov 20 3:36 pm

Grooming > Clippering or stripping a Westie coat?
Emma-Gem

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '12 5:17pm PST 
I wouldnt do this yourself have someone show you how to clip (especially strip) youur dog the first time...too many people actually tryin things themselfs and do more damage to their dogs coats then it's really worth just take him or her to the groomer and pay the 30 dollars (since you can do more damage by not knowing what your doing!) Videos really cannot show you the proper way to "Strip a coat) and No it dosen't hurt the dog (for those who say it does their obviosuly inexperinced in strippping) I haven't had the experince myself with stripping mainly because it takes ALOT of time this isnt somthing you can rush on doing and ones you strip the coat that's what you must contune to do (it's stripping or clipping) no change and it can take HOURS to strip!! just my educatinal advice!! (is a professinal groomer)
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Nov 10 2:48 pm

Dog Health > Doggy teeth brushing?

Emma-Gem

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '12 5:12pm PST 
i actually brush my dogs teeth lol its alittle annoying for dogs at first but after awhile they ger use to it (you can buy special doggy toothpaste and brushesh for them) i find alot of the bones they have out there just junk up the teeth and do nothing for their teeth! just my oppion!!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Nov 11 8:03 am

Dog Health > Motion sickness any sugguestions?

Emma-Gem

Barked: Thu Nov 1, '12 3:07pm PST 
So last weekend was our 4 month olds first big trip out in our van and she threw up all over in her crate...it was disgusting...(so we learn't that she has motion sickness? Any suggestions how i can advoid this? we fed her way earlier in the daytime so i thought she would be okay....! Can i give her liquid gravel if so how much? I'm going to the vet tommrow for her secound set of shots and i'm thinking im not going to feed her until after the vets but i do plan on taking her on many trips so i want to know how to deal with this and don't want to deal with puke all the time she's a shih-poo! any suggestions would be great!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Nov 5 9:37 pm

Puppy Place > Spaying and the cost rant!!

Emma-Gem

Barked: Thu Nov 1, '12 5:08am PST 
I dont know where you got the qouit about my dog passing anytging on (that didnt come from me_) lol anyways yes i get the loyalty bit however they want 300 dollars (my local vet) where as a vet i've used in the past is charging 175 (which is affordible) Yes i get the fact (i should save money for "emergencies (wow your sounding like my husband's mother) who dosen't understand that we live pay check to pay check....what part of "low-income" don't people get??????? if you pay all your bills and have nothing lefts (that includes food(for myself/husband and pets) all the "basic" then how would i have money to "put away"......???? saying that i ALWAYS make sure that my pets have food,love,toys,etc (and their shots) but i think some of you miss the point that i said i was "LOW INCOME".....NOT low income like i have money to burn...like i don't get subsdized housing or anything like that...we pay our rent, all of ourheat,hydro,etc..at the end of the day we have very little (yes i can "TRY" TO SAVE but some of you are missing the point beyound i was looking for what i could "afford" to pay for a spay..!! I thought people would be like "oh that's awsome you're getting her spayed...considering theirs so much judgment about spaying and neutureing and yet im getting some nasty comments....!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by , Nov 6 7:20 am

Puppy Place > How do you feel about Puppy Kindergarten?
Emma-Gem

Barked: Wed Oct 31, '12 6:13am PST 
I think its kinda a waste of money ONLY because you can teach your dog at home the "basics" like sit,stay,come, it's name, to walk on the leash etc (that's what their going to teach your puppy) HOWEVER for socialization i think it's a great idea!! But they can be rather expensive i was looking into them and they want anywhere from 195 to 200 dollars!! like i said most of the basic stuff you can teach yourself at home!!! i'm planning on taking my puppy just to puppy playgroups but she is already working at home on all the "basics" i think puppy classes would be boring for her!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Oct 31 1:57 pm

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.