GO!

Service & Therapy Dogs > Service Dog handler removed from Farmers Market

Mordecai

Barked: Mon Nov 19, '12 6:59pm PST 
Scooter, that's what I thought initially, that the dog had been on the ground it wouldn't have been a problem, but I've heard several other stores similar to this one, of people with service animals being harassed at this farmer's market. One had a guide dog retriever and the staff member actually grabbed the dog's harness to get them to stop.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Jan 15 9:43 am

Mordecai

Scooter, that's what I thought initially, that the dog had been on the ground it wouldn't have been a problem, but I've heard several other stores similar to this one, of people with service animals being harassed at this farmer's market. One had a guide dog retriever and the staff member actually grabbed the dog's harness to get them to stop.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Jan 15 9:43 am

Mordecai

[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Jan 15 9:43 am

Mordecai

Barked: Mon Nov 19, '12 9:50am PST 
The youtube video posts an update:

"Update 11-13- The Grants Pass City Attorney had notified the market management that they must comply with ADA laws and said he found no where were it stipulates that a service dog must be on the ground. Hooray!"
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by , Jan 15 9:43 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.