Postings by Otto

GO!

Raw Food Diet > Bony percentages

Otto

Is someone at- the door!!??

Barked: Fri Oct 26, '12 2:10pm PST 
Yes, this makes sense-I am being a little too paranoid. Thanks! I ordered some green tripe in a can from tripett because I can not find any local and wanted to give it a try. I have seen different things but is the consensus to feed this as a muscle meat? Thanks for always being so helpful!

One other question, I have a 18 lb and 57 lb dog and they love sardines from a can as a snack (in water of course) so I was going to get omega's that way. Is there a specific amount per lb I should aim for or just feed a tin 1-2 times a week?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mali, Nov 2 9:00 am

Raw Food Diet > Bony percentages
Otto

Barked: Fri Oct 26, '12 7:32am PST 
I was wondering how the percentages of bone from meats were calculated? I see a lot of post saying chicken quarter is 30% bone, this is 20% bone, etc. I am just trying to wrap my head around how this is calculated. Do these percentages take into account how dense the bones are? I am still feeding a little more than 10% and a little over 3 weeks and wondering if I need to cut back since they are having good poops and not showing signs of constipation?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Mali, Nov 2 9:00 am

Raw Food Diet > wanting to start my 1 year old bullmastiff on raw diet

Otto

Barked: Fri Oct 19, '12 1:40pm PST 
I am pretty new to the diet but these links were suggested to me when I started out and were very helpful...

http://www.dogster.com/forums/Raw_Food_Diet/thread/4 31875
ht tp://www.dogster.com/forums/Raw_Food_Diet/thread/718349
http://pupp ybutt.weebly.com/prey-model-raw.html
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Maxwell, Oct 20 7:42 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.