Postings by Rastas

GO!

Service & Therapy Dogs > Two SDs OK?

Rastas

Razzle Dazzle-

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 6:01pm PST 
I have a service dog-in-training...simply put she has never been professionally trained, but I have personally trained her for the 7 years of her life...and regardless of training and the fact I am still waiting for SSD approval, I am disabled and she is a service dog. I do have a certified disability trainer in my area that I am working with, but without having an income I can not afford the training at the moment. I am, however, determined disabled by my doctors and therapist and have proven to be required my service companion at any government or private dwelling for my health and wellbeing. I am interested in this issue to because I recently bred my service dog and intended to keep a pup, until the pup was illegally sold.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Nova, Oct 21 8:35 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > What do you do when?
Rastas

Razzle Dazzle-

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 5:51pm PST 
I agree if the dog can reach the property owner's space, it is trespassing, but Service Dogs and their owners have rights just as he does. I would consider moving the lead or putting a barrier at the property limit to ensure the dog stays off his property...simply to make less of a headache for your landlord, but they seem like they are willing to stand up for your rights and would let them handle that jerks personal issues... And the family living in his dwelling likes the dog...so why does he care, it's not the dog's fault the dog doesn't like the property owner- it's his fault for having a bad attitude and dogs are smart enough to notice! No one can discrimiate us whom are disabled according to the Law and I feel this violates Disabled folks' rights...if I can establish residency in a government-funded apartment complex because I am disabled and require a service animal, I am given the right to care for my pet on their property...which to me seems the dog has a right to access property not owned by myself, ...so who's to say the dog can not have access to private property? That is trully the issue here...where a dog can do their business!

Regardless of law or right, morally speaking I would attempt to resolve the issue as gently as possible without offending anyone...simply by compromising with preventing the dog from using the jerks property, but I don't think it upholds to everyone's rights...
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Aug 16 10:51 am

Dog Health > Edible Prevention

Rastas

Razzle Dazzle-

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 5:35pm PST 
I would ask your Vet about the proper tablet to feed your particular dog...because edible medications will affect each dog differently just as some topical flea treatments, including shampoo, will irritate certain dogs. I have not used an edible tablet yet for Rastas as the topical ones do just fine on her. With her short hair, once the fleas are gone...they are gone until a new colony attacks once the treatment wears off. I would rather use an edible treatment, but do not have access to them in my area without going through the Doc, which seems more expensive. It seems they would last longer in the dog's system if they ate it, but also I do not know much about them simply because I haven't used them.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Rastas, Oct 11 5:35 pm

Dog Health > Skin Condition...is it allergies, dryness, or lack of nutrition/vitamins?

Rastas

Razzle Dazzle-

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 5:30pm PST 
Rastas has a hot-spot* on the back of her neck that will not go away. All the hair has fallen out of the spot and once in awhile she will get blisters that burst with white puss and blood. I am dilegently giving her Brewer's Yeast as I was informed by several people, including her Doc, that it's great for this condition, but it has yet to take effect and she's been on it since she stopped feeding her pups in June. I normally feed her quality dog food including natural puppy food when I can afford it b/c I know puppy formulas have the best vitamin/mineral content. Right now she is on a cheap* brand and the sores are not getting worse, so it seems her nutrition is adequate enough with all the yummy treats I give her. What else could it be?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Maxwell, Oct 12 3:41 pm

Puppy Place > New puppy issues

Rastas

Razzle Dazzle-

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 5:23pm PST 
The crate issue was an easy one for Rastas...she had her own when I rescued her from her previous owner through the breeder and was used to it. I could suggest however using the crate at any time during the day for short periods, start with a minute and work your way up. I think she cries because of loneliness and seperation anxiety, because she no longer has her 4-legged family sleeping with her or you (as you said she does during the day.) If you can recognize a sleeping schedule with her I would suggest after she gets used to being in the crate during the day for short periods of time- put the pup in when she's sleepy and hopefully she'll be too tired to notice where she falls asleep. With potty training, use puppy pads- they soak up the urine so if the pup does lay in it they won't get soaked from it and you can place one by your door to encourage them to associate going potty at the door where they eventually will know to go outside.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Rastas, Oct 11 5:23 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > The PitBull Discussion
Rastas

Razzle Dazzle-

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 5:10pm PST 
Legislation against Pit Bulls is ILLEGAL...you can not base a law on a few aggressive dogs ( that got that way because of their owners mistreating/abusing/fighting them) If we outlawed dogs based on aggressive personality every breed would cease to exist because dogs get aggressive because of people...not themselves. A dog is not born into aggression...anger is learned...point blank!
[notify]
» There has since been 31 posts. Last posting by Mika, Feb 13 8:27 pm

Food & Nutrition > What is your favorite Pet Shop

Rastas

Razzle Dazzle-

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 5:04pm PST 
We have a shop in town called Holistic Pets, I love PetSmart and PetCo too...and any store that appreciates and respects my service animal like my local Kmart and Home Depot!
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Jan 23 3:47 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.