GO!

Behavior & Training > 5 month old Kuvasz female puppy concern

Jade

Empress of the- Jade Dynasty

Barked: Sun Oct 7, '12 9:55pm PST 
I've been told they will get "guardy" the minute you are actually threatened, and that they truly know when that is. Hope this helps. Mine also seems to love almost everyone, unless their body language looks sinister to her.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Oct 7 10:22 pm

Kuvasz > the poor UNKNOWN kuvasz
Jade

Barked: Sun Oct 7, '12 9:36pm PST 
There aren't many of us 'cause most folks can't handle us! We're too smart, too opinionated, and too independent-minded (the page here that says we are easy to train is loco - unless you are a police dog trainer - that's what I have now...). Their loss, cause we are also totally loving and loyal!!!!! Oh, and we are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Nov 11 4:12 pm

Dog Health > vectra 3D warning

Jade

Barked: Sun Oct 7, '12 8:53pm PST 
Vectra made my dog VERY SICK!!!! She is 6 months old and weighs 60 pounds, and I applied the Vectra 3D EXACTLY as the instructions directed. Within hours she was panting heavily, wanted to be outside in the cold air lying on cold flagstone, was very thirsty but not peeing, and completely unable to sleep. I was up with her all night. Luckily I found advice via the Internet. The company says to call them but they do not answer and they do not return calls.

The first night Jade did not sleep at all. The second night she was still panting heavily, still seeking cold, still somewhat rejecting of food (UNHEARD OF FOR THIS DOG) and still hyper. I spent the second night on the kitchen floor with her. This third day is is still panting at times, still fussy with her food and still somewhat hyper. She coughs and sneezes, probably from a dry throat. I obtained Vectra through my vet, who really did not want to hear about what are clearly pesticide poisoning side effects. He didn't even return my call himself! Needless to say, I need a new Vet.

When I searched the Internet during the middle of the first night I found many people whose dogs had the same toxicity symptoms as my dog. Some had much worse symptoms. One owner said their dog died.

This can be a VERY SCARY product that I would not recommend to anyone who loved their dog. It is very easy to believe a vet that this would be a superior tick and flea repellent, but when a dog has a problem with this pesticide (yes folks, it IS a pesticide) it can be VERY VERY SERIOUS AND SCARY!!!
Pesticide control called her breathing problems "asthmatic symptoms" - i.e an inability to BREATHE normally. I personally want my dog breathing, thank you.

I say, if you love your dog, you will hate this product.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Dec 10 7:51 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.