GO!

Beauceron > Come on Beauces!!

Khaleesi

Barked: Sun Dec 9, '12 9:33pm PST 
One Beauceron in Georgia smile almost 8 months old now!!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 15 1:31 pm

Beauceron > A little help from my fellow beauceron owners!
Khaleesi

Barked: Sat Nov 17, '12 7:49pm PST 
Hello again! Khaleesi is EXACTLY the same way about strange noises and things outside normally, but the other day my roommate was in the attic and she barked two or three times. COMPLETELY took me off guard. That's about as "guard dog" ish she will get which is fine with me smile

feeding her has gotten a little better. She is still very lean but I purchased Wellness large breed puppy food for her and she is scarfing it down. Also I am giving her a small itty bitty portion of SOJO raw diet as an in between meal.

we just hit the 7 month mark and she seems to be at a plateau growth wise. I think this food combo is going to help her coat and weight some smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Nov 17 7:49 pm

Khaleesi

Barked: Sun Oct 14, '12 6:39pm PST 
I MEANT TO ADD!!

I am very careful about where I take her... I don't want to put her too far out of her comfort zone or to be pushed too hard. She is with me at the barn when I feed horses and the kids come to ride their ponies so she gets good time with all ages, animals, and has never shown any signs of uneasiness.

she IS a picky eater though. That is my current trouble. frown
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Nov 17 7:49 pm

Khaleesi

Barked: Sun Oct 14, '12 6:33pm PST 
I suppose she is more of the alert stance with people on the other side of the fence, which is fine with me. She is always very kind with people but hesitant in some ways. I take her to the park almost every day for obedience training and then will take her to a dog park we have a few minutes away to let her play and get the needed socialization. She will approach people at the dog park but just certain people seem to make her uneasy, or rather submissive. 9 times out of 10 she will go right up with a wagging tail, ears back and licking them senseless.

She is not much of a guard dog... as you were saying more like a golden retriever with anyone who comes in the house or knocks on the door. I don't mind that too much, my roommate's pit bull puppy has enough bark to be the guard dog of the house haha.

It is only when she is in the yard that she seems uneasy about things.

I got her from the Payne family in North Carolina. Her mother's name was Celah and the father was Anis DGV. She was one of the largest in the litter.

There was plenty of research that went in before I got her. I realized they were slow to mature which is fine. I am a pretty patient person and I don't mind waiting for her to grow up. She is the most loving and attentive pup... many of the people at the dog park are surprised by how attentive she is at 6 months. She played with a friends child for hours yesterday fetching and following him around... I was nervous about it, she tends to play rather rough and doesn't know how big she is. Her head is in my lap as I type this. She is wonderful.

I was not sure if she would be more sure of herself later in life, meaning a little more protective of the house? I by no means need her to be I was just curious what other people had experienced with their beauces.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Nov 17 7:49 pm

Khaleesi

Barked: Fri Oct 5, '12 9:00pm PST 
Hey guys I have a couple questions for y'all smile

My pup just turned 6 months old and she is about 25" tall and 54 lbs. she very lanky and I don't know if her size is average or large for her age. She is by far the best animal companion I have ever had.

Also she is rather submissive and when seeing people on the other side of the fence she is nervous is this because she is still a pup? I'd like to help her feel a little more secure with herself and I was wondering if anyone had any advice.

smile thanks guys!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Nov 17 7:49 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.