Postings by Elvis Pawsly

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Food & Nutrition > free feeding
Elvis Pawsly-

The king.

Barked: Thu Jun 19, '14 3:12pm PST 
Does anyone free feed? How do you do it? I have 3 dogs and we work long hours. My dogs are starved by the time we get home at 10:30. Would it be possible to just free feed them? They are fed 2 meals a day at the moment. Would it be possible to just give them their daily potions in the morning, or would they just eat it all there and then and not have anything for the rest of the day? Or would they learn to regulate so they have food the entire day.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Nov 25 10:25 pm

Sports & Agility > Weight Pulling
Elvis Pawsly-

The king.

Barked: Mon Oct 14, '13 12:32am PST 
I have a 15 month Dalmatian. And would like to start weight pulling training with him. Is there anything I need to know? Do I need to increase his food? He is currently 44 lbs but needs to get down to 40 lbs. I made a simple weight pulling harness for now for the light weight pulling (No more than 15 lbs on this harness) Once we get into the heavier weights we will be using an actual weight pulling harness. Any tips? advice?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Elvis Pawsly , Oct 14 12:32 am

Behavior & Training > Choke or pinch collar?

Elvis Pawsly-

The king.

Barked: Mon Jun 24, '13 8:35pm PST 
I do use a easy lead when we walk with others because he will pull me to be in front. But we are working on that. I am glad this thread has helped others as well smile Every dog is different and my dog needed to realise pulling was NOT okay. I used the tools as training tools NOT solutions...that's where it goes wrong. Where you try to use a prong as a solution instead of a training tool.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Dr. Watson, Jun 26 9:47 am

Puppy Place > adult weight

Elvis Pawsly-

The king.

Barked: Fri Jun 21, '13 12:37am PST 
The boys are now 11 months and going through another growth spurt but last week Elvis was 46 lbs and Ozzy was 42 lbs. so not as big as I expected. But I love them just the same smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Elvis Pawsly , Jun 21 12:37 am

Behavior & Training > Choke or pinch collar?

Elvis Pawsly-

The king.

Barked: Fri Jun 21, '13 12:32am PST 
time for an update !! We are now back on a flat collar without any issues. Only time I have to use any tool is when we are in a group walk in the woods, in which case I use a face Halti. The prong worked for us, I used it for about 2 weeks, then I moved down to the correction collar for about a month or so, then a face Halti for a bit and then flat collar smile
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Dr. Watson, Jun 26 9:47 am

Raw Food Diet > questions about feeding rabbits?
Elvis Pawsly-

The king.

Barked: Thu Jun 6, '13 12:00pm PST 
yeah, I dont know if they would even eat it whole or not. we will have to see smile won't be awhile until I have feeders anyway. But just checking.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 7 5:52 pm

Raw Food Diet > Raw Diet Food Frequency

Elvis Pawsly-

The king.

Barked: Thu Jun 6, '13 8:56am PST 
my two 10 month dalmatians have been fed raw for 15 days now. we were on raw before but had to stop. once I've done more research everything was good. They are healthier on raw than kibble, soft, shiny coat, white teeth, more energy ( who would think that way even possible with a 10 month?) smaller stools. and if I forget to pick up the yard no problem!! the stools pretty much dissolve themselves. love it. when we started on raw Elvis had a bad yeast infection from stopping kibble, It cleared up after a week on raw. we were feeding home cooked food before the raw. I'll never go back to the kibble again smile
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Barbaro, Jun 7 7:43 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Grain free recipies?

Elvis Pawsly-

The king.

Barked: Mon May 20, '13 10:02am PST 
yeah, I am working the organs in slowly while keeping an eye on their ph to make sure they can handle them. Every dog is different so who knows, one or both may be able to handle Organs. Although Ozzy is having an issue with Low Ph ( high Ph is usually the problem) So I have to figure out how to lower that. A high Ph could be indication of UTI I am trying to avoid the trip to the vet...Not looking forward to the "raw is bad for you dog" speech. Ozzys normal is 7.0 which is perfect but today reading was 7.5 Elvis had a low PH the other day but is back to normal, so he might be able to work it out on his own. I am going to test him for the next 3 days and see how it goes.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Elvis Pawsly , May 20 10:02 am

Elvis Pawsly-

The king.

Barked: Fri May 17, '13 10:34pm PST 
Well Maxwell I think you will be pleased...I have started a complete raw diet smile Today was day 2 ! I have tried it before and it didn't work out...But now I have done more research...BUT what about organs? I know Dalmatian can't handle the purines in liver or organs...so is there vitamins I can give instead? I am giving a heart ( I know, considered a muscle meat, but better than nothing) to see how they do and I will try chicken liver if I can find some later on.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Elvis Pawsly , May 20 10:02 am

Elvis Pawsly-

The king.

Barked: Wed Apr 24, '13 4:39pm PST 
Yeah I could do that but of rather just test with strips, I only do it once a week so not that bad smile I'm not sure if they have the gene. They are poorly bred so I like to take extra precaution with them smile I try my best with them ! I have vet apt tomorrow for both dogs so I am going to see what vet says about everything too
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Elvis Pawsly , May 20 10:02 am

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.