GO!

Grooming > Dental Care?

Monkey

Monkey face

Barked: Fri Aug 2, '13 1:16pm PST 
Plaque sticks to the teeth at the 24 hour mark, it does have to be done every day. Once a week isn't going to cut it, unfortunately.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Oct 15 3:20 pm

Grooming > Help! My mini schnauzer got his hair cut too short.
Monkey

Monkey face

Barked: Fri Jul 19, '13 6:11pm PST 
Did they ask you if you wanted a schnauzer clip?
If yes, and you said yes, then relax. The hair will grow back in a few short weeks.

If they didn't ask what you wanted, then you need to find a stylist with better communication skills.

Regardless, stop feeling mortified when you look at your puppy. He will pick up on it and think he did something wrong.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Jul 24 11:27 am

Grooming > Water washing

Monkey

Monkey face

Barked: Sat Jun 22, '13 5:50am PST 
The dryer will dry their skin more than just wetting them with water will! It sounds like you're just rinsing them off every other day? That is fine. If it's warm outside you can forgo the blowdryer completely (as long as they have hair, not double-coated fur).

And it is perfectly fine to bathe them once a week as long as the shampoo you use is good quality, gentle (hypoallergenic), and you rinse thoroughly. Rinsing very well is key to preventing irritation, as any shampoo residue left behind will cause the skin to flake.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 29 5:55 am

Grooming > should I get paid to groom a sample dog for a job?

Monkey

Monkey face

Barked: Fri May 3, '13 7:03pm PST 
It's kinda like asking someone to work a half day for free... uh, nope. Not me at least, I've always been paid for my sample dogs (providing the salon owners were satisfied, of course and didn't have to re-do them). It's one thing to hire someone on a trial basis, another to expect them to work for free.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Oct 5 7:42 pm

Grooming > After Gooming Depression.

Monkey

Monkey face

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 6:04pm PST 
Are you sure it's the grooming, or might it be your reaction to his new haircut?

He might feel you're upset with something and think he's the cause.

He needs to be on a regular maintenance grooming schedule if you prefer him fluffy, not left to grow for the winter with no grooming. Shih tzus require grooming about every two months, more often if you prefer the hair longer than an inch and don't do a lot of combing at home.

I'm sure once his hair has grown in, you can get him back on track and keep the length you prefer.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Mar 20 12:50 am

Grooming > How Much to Tip a Groomer?
Monkey

Monkey face

Barked: Wed Mar 6, '13 3:38am PST 
Yes, it is ok to tip your groomer! Not only does your pet stylist appreciate it, it shows your appreciation of their work as well.

After all, you tip your hairstylist, don't you? Same thing (except we also clean the poo off your dog's behind!).

10- 20% is appreciated, depending on the service, condition of your dog, and if they fit you in to an already full schedule.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Oct 28 3:42 am

Grooming > Sarasota, Fl- looking for groomer

Monkey

Monkey face

Barked: Sat Aug 18, '12 10:50am PST 
*bump*
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 18 10:50 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.