GO!

(Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  

Raw Food Diet > Blockage in small intestine... vet blames the meat... of course!
Mishka &- Luna

Barked: Sun Nov 10, '13 11:02pm PST 
I'm a veterinary technician and I feed my dogs RMBs as treats and the vets I work with frown upon it. I use to feed full time raw but things got a little tough on the hubby and I.. But when I used to feed raw never had a problem with it. Dogs are descendants from wolves so why shouldn't they eat raw? I have no idea why vets don't like pets eating raw but I think they should become more educational on the subject instead of basing their opinions on what they were trained to say and do. The rawhide is the most obvious culprit. These chewies tend to expand in the stomach and when that happens it causes blockages. Rawhides also doesn't digest at all. It gets swallowed whole and comes out whole kinda like corn does lol. But I think the vet just wanted to make you feel like crap because they don't agree with the raw feeding.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Nov 11 7:18 am

Puppy Place > Husky puppy questions!
Mishka &- Luna

Barked: Sun May 19, '13 3:12am PST 
Luna was about 15 - 20 pounds when she was 3 months old. Keep in mind puppies grow fast. If you can feel her ribs but not able to see them then she is ideal weight. My huskies don't do well on BB and I have known dogs to poop a lot with that food. When it comes to a premium or high protein content food, you don't have to feed as much. My girls get about 2 1/2 cups a day and they are both full grown. So 2 cups for a 3 month old puppy may be a bit much. Not all huskies are vocal. Mishka talks all the time but Luna talks very minimal. The only time mishmash talks is when my doxie gets riled up or when she's playing with mishka.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , May 19 3:12 am

Dog Health > Right age to Neuter?

Mishka &- Luna

Barked: Mon Apr 15, '13 11:24pm PST 
As being a Siberian Husky Owner, I think it would be a wise decision on your part to wait till your husky is a a year and a half to neuter. If you can try to wait til he is 2. My female husky Luna is a year and 3 months old. Physically she's mature but mentally she is not. She still has the puppy mentality. So Luna is still intact. She has gone through 2 heats already and we have never had an accidental breeding even though we live in a apartment complex. If we see another dog while she's in heat we walk the opposite direction and tell the other owners to keep a safe distance away from her. If you start your training now and be consistent with the training it will be easy later in life to control an intact male husky. If you wait til he's 2 to neuter, don't leave him out in the backyard for extended periods of time without supervision as you do not want him to find a way to escape. Huskies are notorious escape artists, and they are very good at it. If you leave the house for any reason, crate him. Any dog that is under the age of 6 months should not be neutered or spayed.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Apr 16 10:41 am

Dog Health > Abscess or something like it...

Mishka &- Luna

Barked: Mon Apr 15, '13 10:53pm PST 
Abscesses usually don't go away on their own. I work in a vet clinic and see it all the time. Majority of the abscesses are from either dog fights or are anal gland abscesses and need to have surgery. I would consult with your vet again.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 15 10:53 pm

Puppy Place > Sad, Sad day for ranger (one of the orphan puppies)

Mishka &- Luna

Barked: Mon Apr 15, '13 10:22pm PST 
Thanks! If it wasn't for everyone here from dogster and from the veterinarian that I did my vet tech externships I don't think the puppies would have lived. So i have everyone here to thank you for the great advice. And if it wasn't for the family that had ranger he probably wouldn't have a great home with my mom. It feels good when everything works out for the best.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 15 10:22 pm

Dog Health > Advice please my puppy is missing toes
Mishka &- Luna

Barked: Mon Apr 8, '13 10:56pm PST 
I work in a vet clinic and we do have dogs that go through toe amputation due to unknown medical causes. And the dogs seem to do fine with just two or three toes on a foot. So I wouldn't be too worried at this point. Just keep an eye on her in the future. If you notice any such problems take her to the vet for further observation.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Apr 8 11:32 pm

Mishka &- Luna

Barked: Mon Apr 8, '13 4:08am PST 
Well guest his forever home is with my mom. And the whole family loves him and doesn't know what they would do without him. He keeps my mom's other dog Nikki very happy and occupied. They both sleep with my mom along with her three cats. He is very well behaved. And i couldn't be happier about the home placement I have found for him. I'm just glad the family had followed the contract and contacted me and returned him to me than sending him to the shelter
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Apr 15 10:22 pm

Mishka &- Luna

Barked: Wed Mar 20, '13 1:53am PST 
Ranger is now known as Marley. And he's doing exceptionally well at my mom's house. He absolutely loves his new best friend. He sleeps with my mom along with nikki in her king sized bed. He seems to be a happy boy and the shuffling of homes doesn't seem to have affected him at all.

Btw the family was gone 12 hours a day and they didn't feel that it was fair for ranger to be outside alone 12 hours a day, 5 days a week.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Apr 15 10:22 pm

Mishka &- Luna

Barked: Fri Mar 1, '13 3:22am PST 
Thank you M&K and Rocky. Yes I am thankful that the family followed the rehoming contract and contacted me instead of dropping him off at the shelter/rescue or reselling him. Ranger is going to live with my mom. About 2 months ago one of her ACD's had died. It was the strangest thing. Her and her sister were playing and out of nowhere the dog stopped and collapsed. My mom performed CPR on her own dog and it still wasn't enough. So since then she has been looking for another dog to keep her other ACD company and for her to play with.
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , Apr 15 10:22 pm

Mishka &- Luna

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '13 3:28am PST 
So many of you know that I had taken 5 two day old puppies under my wing. I had bottle fed them and hand raised them pretty much from birth. I had taken extra attention and great care on finding them new homes. Unfortunately I had gotten a call on saturday from the family that had taken Ranger. They told me they no longer had the time for ranger as they family was gone 12 hours during the week. I also have my suspicions that he was an outside dog only only because they had built a dog house for him, he was outside when i arrived to the home, and he's not quite housebroken. I just wish the family had thought about their schedules before they decided to get a dog. The family also doesn't understand on how it affects the dog/puppy when it is just being taken away by someone other than their family that they had grown up with. The first two days he has paced back and forth, been very anxious, whines at the door, and when we take him outside he just sits there and whines some more. Which is completely understandable. It is just so hard for me to see him like this. I do have two ppl who are already interested in ranger. One person is my mother's best friend who also has a Labrador. If she takes ranger I know he'll be in good hands as I know this person very well. She is also like family to me. Another person that is interested in Ranger is a lady who is involved in a rescue out here. She wants ranger as her personal pet. I'm hoping that the family friend takes him though. Everyone please pray that I can find an everlasting forever home for ranger and that the family will include him as part of the family and not just a dog.
sad boy doesn't understand frown
Ranger - 7 months old
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by , Apr 15 10:22 pm

(Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.