Postings by Lincoln

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Puppy Place > What I thought would have been a great start to Cleo's new begnning ended up not being one :(
Lincoln

Huge heart, big- funny clown

Barked: Mon Oct 8, '12 10:20am PST 
I am so glad that you have such a good heart. Those little pups really lucked out in having you as their guardian. Don't worry--you and Cleo will find the perfect loving and enriching home she deserves.happy dance It might take more time, but you have taught each of these pups human love, and that makes for super dogs.cheer Someone with a good heart will fall in love with Cleo, and give her an awesome home. I always have believed that every kindness to any of our creatures, is one more feather in our "wings!" Kindness to animals is NEVER wasted! I have had some wonderful animals because of people like YOU! dog walk It was someone' kindness that brought Lincoln into my life!cloud 9
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Mishka & Luna, Oct 10 2:26 am

Puppy Place > What I thought would have been a great start to Cleo's new begnning ended up not being one :(
Lincoln

Barked: Mon Oct 8, '12 6:00am PST 
Your pup lucked out of that potential lousey-- situation.If the new owners couldn't see your pup in a loving light--she needs to be put into a MUCH BETTER home, than these people offered her and back- tracked on.. As the pup is a mix--what did these people expect? I will tell you after having my pup insulted like that I would have left ANYWAY!!naughty I am protective of any pups born to me too--and people like that are a dime-a-dozen--you want winners for that pup--not anyone who can't appreciate the pup for everything she is. Do you accept a dog that you can't treasure? Well these people didn't see your pup in that light. She'll find a great owner--but don't let ANYONE the liberty of dissecting her again. You were truthful with what information that you had, about your pup's linage--you don't "owe" any more. If they wanted an AKC--don't look at mixed breeds!!! cry Worst of all, don't take a dog that you can't love!blue dog
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Mishka & Luna, Oct 10 2:26 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Doing my research for a potential First Dog...

Lincoln

Barked: Sun Oct 7, '12 1:24pm PST 
What about a plain old mixed breed that is generally friendly, and has a happy nature. The little guy I have now loves almost everyone--but when a man passed us on the street and came back around to to us--Lincoln became very upset with him. He placed his body between me and the man and did the "Cujo" act. I was so taken back--but the way he/Lincoln behaved, I knew he was trying to protect us from that man. The man took off, and Lincoln settled down--but he turned around many times to watch that man until he disappeared from sight. I was really shaken! Another time we had a nesting Mama Mockingbird that was buzz bombing people as they walked by her territory. Well, she came flying straight at me--face on--and Lincoln jumped up in the air at her and gave her a real "bark out". The bird..and ME was totally taken back! She veered off immediately. A family was walking in the other direction and saw him take that bird on. They all were laughing--and told me and Lincoln that I had a pretty serious foe in that little bird. You know, that bird never bothered me and Lincoln again. We walked by in peace every day from then on! happy dance So you see it isn't the breed, it's the BOND that you have with your dog.kissing Personally I like Spaniel-mixes!dog He makes friends with almost everyone--loves kids, cats and me!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Oct 8 6:09 pm

Grooming > Stinky Stinky Puppy!!

Lincoln

Barked: Sun Oct 7, '12 12:49pm PST 
applause Yeah Scruffy's Mom!! You outlived his new "treat" for his family! We used to have a little dog that was always bringing in some kind of stinky goody. Loved him very much--but hated his tastes in doggie "perfume"! He was my personal calamity!! silenced
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sumo, Oct 9 3:02 pm

Grooming > Stinky Stinky Puppy!!

Lincoln

Barked: Sun Oct 7, '12 5:10am PST 
thinking Try tomato juice,-- room temp., and straight from the container. Rub it All over him (down to his skin), let him keep it on about 3-5 min., then use the Dawn, or Conditioning dog shampoo. ( Do take precautions with his eyes and inner ears.) If it is "fox pee" it can't be any worse than Skunk pee! This works pretty good with de-skunking!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Sumo, Oct 9 3:02 pm

Puppy Place > Ugh..a friend is looking to get a dog from a place I suspect is not the best place...
Lincoln

Barked: Sat Oct 6, '12 12:55pm PST 
Awhile back I found a puppy at a Pet Store(--yes--he probably came from a puppy mill.) I fell in love with this pup--totally and completely! The pet store was luckily going out of business--and I could afford to buy him. (He was AKC registered) Originally he was priced for close to a $1,000. I bought him and he was amazing! He was healthy until the last 6mos. of his life. Maybe I just lucked out--but this pup became my heart and soul for 12+ years. We went everywhere together--he was a dream to house train, no behavior issues--just one super-great dog! I never regretted getting that little dog--and I will always miss him. My point is that if your friend has the pup checked out first with a vet--maybe everything will work our happily. There are a lot of puppy mill dogs at the shelter too--those they couldn't sell. You have warned her of the pitfalls, now she will do what she wants. Let's hope she has the luck of an awesome dog that I received! I am here to attest that you can find a super dog in less-than-desired circumstances! Let's hope that is what happensdog walk
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Frankie, Oct 9 2:09 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Look what Farles found!

Lincoln

Barked: Sat Oct 6, '12 6:02am PST 
applause I would like to applaud you first on having such a big-hearted Farles. Many dogs would have killed those kittens--prey drive. I have had dogs that loved "babies" of any variety. They are confident in the love YOU have given them--and their temperments are huge hearted!kissing Those kittens will at least "have a chance" to find someone like YOU to care for them thru out their lives--and even maybe a Farles to watch over them! Lincoln LOVES his kitten--now a fully grown kitty-Katie. Around our house "differences" only makes life fun and full of love and respect for one another! I have been blessed with my last two dogs being just like Farles-a confident, loving pup! You got a Winner, there in All your "family".dog walk Blessings to all of you. (I don't mean my other dogs would have hurt any kittens--I'd just had to convince them that "kittens are fun too.)
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Rocky *CGC* With the angels., Oct 18 5:57 am

Behavior & Training > Augh!! Jerks in Petsmart.

Lincoln

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '12 4:01pm PST 
Doesn't this sound like ALOT of the dog parks?shrug I am very protective of my dog as well. Whenever I take him somewhere I really pay attention to those around me. Even then--sometimes I have to scoot Lincoln out of harm's way! It's getting so I almost want to take Katie his cat, to "ride shotgun"-- I dare anyone to give HER Lincoln any "stuff" There would be blood drawn!smile She has a shorter fuse than I do!kitty In seriousness, I don't blame you and your pup giving that guy the old "what for!"dog I have seen jerks like this one was--and I always need "blood pressure" meds to cool off from the delightful encounters with them!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Augusta, CGC, RN, Oct 3 5:56 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Does Indiana feel sorrow?

Lincoln

Barked: Sun Sep 30, '12 7:20am PST 
When I had to let my little guy go, a little over a year ago--he wasn't feeling good about anything. The spark in his eyes had dulled, and he was just not the happy little soul that he was notoriously always was. I couldn't in any conscience make him keep on trying to go on. It almost killed me to let him go--but I made a promise to him as a puppy, I would never let him suffer. My last act of love for him was in letting him go. I KNOW it was the right thing to do--but it still makes my heart ache! We also had a cat then, that was a big part of his, and my life too. The cat grieved so badly for his playmate, I was really worried about him too. People don't place much sentimental abilities to cats, they are such independent little souls--but his kitty really suffered too! We all suffered in our grief for Sam. Yes, your other pup will grieve too--guaranteed. You will need to show more attention, and gentleness towards him. Love him as much as you can--he needs you, and YOU need him too! Let him know he's needed. Dogs respond to our needs so deeply, as you already know! I'm so sorry for your loss. You let your beloved pet go--because you loved him. It was a peaceful release from all the pain. You did right by him. Be well, and love your remaining pup as you loved the one you had to let go of.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Sep 30 8:07 pm

Senior Dogs > Tomorrow,15 year old Hunter will be going to the Bridge.
Lincoln

Barked: Fri Sep 28, '12 6:08am PST 
: I am so sorry about your loosing your sweet pal. Too soon, we have to let them go--and always-- it is a HUGE heartache. I wish you the best--sorrow is a HARD lesson in this world. May you find comfort in the million of happy memories your pal left you with. Always be well, and know anyone who has loved their dogs--KNOWS your sorrow. cry You have our support and well wishes.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lincoln, Sep 28 6:08 am

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.