GO!

Choosing the Right Dog > Shiloh Shepherds

Arlo

Barked: Tue Oct 9, '12 2:59pm PST 
Shiloh Sheperds are a very laid back breed. My aunt has two shilohs. They need alot of socialization as a puppy otherwise they can become dog aggressive as they mature. My aunts oldest wasnt socialized with other dogs and when he reached maturity around two he began snapping at any dog he sees and goes to attack it. From what I have seen they are very willing to please so that will be a great benefit for your work. They are also very people orientated. They just always want to be near you. Sozialization is the key with these dogs. Hope that helps!
[notify]
» There has since been 33 posts. Last posting by , Nov 8 11:10 am

Puppy Place > Introducing Bebe - any ideas on her mix?
Arlo

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '12 7:19am PST 
She is such a cutie! my first thoughts from the first picture was GSD. My aunt has a shiloh shepard puppy thats all black and she looks very similar. My puppy was 20lbs at 12 weeks and right now at almost 8 months hes almost 60lbs just to give you a rough gage since there weight is very similiar. Definately post more pictures of her as she gets older as it will be easier to see more of her breeds.way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Oct 12 10:45 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Introducing arlo breed guesses welcome

Arlo

Barked: Tue Aug 7, '12 2:14pm PST 
Bruno I am located in New York but arlo came from somewhere in Ohio. Not sure if that is a popular area for curs.

Sonny I have to agree with you the more i compare RR to BMC i am def seeing some cur in him. He has more cur traits that ridgeback. He is def not graceful. He is very sturdy and all muscle. He also holds his tail in the curved upright C position that curs do when he is barking at another animal. He howls as well when he is protecting his territory and after spotting animals.

Physical traits- His feet are webbed and his hair on his back is about an inch longer than his sides which is also a cur trait. The roof of his mouth is partially black.

Thanks everyone for your help. I want to learn as much as i can about his breed so i can help him to be a happy dog and give him what he needs.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 7 2:14 pm

Arlo

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '12 4:07pm PST 
Thanks for your responses everyone. Ridgeback/ lab mix seems to fit him best.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Aug 7 2:14 pm

Arlo

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '12 6:46am PST 
hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and i just wanted to introduce my dog arlo. I got him when he was only six weeks old from a rescue organization. He's now 6.5 months old and weighs 54 lbs.

The rescue I got him from told me he was a coonhound/lab mix, but now that he is getting older i can really see rhodesian ridgeback maybe with some lab in there. Im not sure. Any thoughts to what his breeds might be?
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Aug 7 2:14 pm

Food & Nutrition > Can You Help Us Choose a Feed?
Arlo

Barked: Wed Aug 1, '12 2:15pm PST 
I second the Fromm family line of dog food. My puppy is a very picky eater. I had him on three different types of food before it and he was never crazy about eating. Now he eats like its his last meal.happy dance
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 1 2:15 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > What's his mix?

Arlo

Barked: Wed Aug 1, '12 10:34am PST 
I can see redtick coonhound. gorgeous dogsmile
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Aug 8 8:09 am

Rhodesian Ridgeback > What do you eat?

Arlo

Barked: Wed Aug 1, '12 7:39am PST 
I was on a few different foods but really didnt enjoy any of them. I am a little picky. A few months ago i started eating Fromm family gold Large breed puppy and i LOVE it.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 1 7:39 am

Rhodesian Ridgeback > Is my dog a Rhodesian Ridgeback?

Arlo

Barked: Wed Aug 1, '12 7:23am PST 
Hi all,
I am new to the forum and i just wanted to introduce my dog Arlo. I got him when he was only six weeks old from a rescue organization.
I was told he was a coonhound/lab mix but the older he gets the more I think he looks like he could be a rhodesian ridgeback/lab mix. This is a new breed for me so i wanted to see what everyone here thinks.smile
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Oct 26 5:42 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.