GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Sports & Agility > Herding Trainers in Georgia?
Rory

The Centurion

Barked: Thu Feb 21, '13 9:52pm PST 
I'm having trouble finding a place that gives herding lessons. Most of the trainers are located north of Atlanta, and I live south of Atlanta. Does anyone know of a trainer south of Atlanta??
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 21 9:52 pm

Food & Nutrition > Barnsdale Farms Dog Bones Safe?
Rory

The Centurion

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 8:27pm PST 
Hello. smile I went to Target today and I noticed they were selling a new brand of bones, Barnsdale Farms. The package said they are from Canada. Have you heard of this brand? Is it good?

The bones were a lot cheaper than the ones sold at Petsmart, so if this brand is safe I'd love to buy a bunch of bones for my dogs. =]
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 11 8:27 pm

Sports & Agility > Unprofessional agility instructor

Rory

The Centurion

Barked: Tue Dec 25, '12 8:08am PST 
I think you should have told her why you left though, so she knows she was being rude.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 26 7:24 am

Behavior & Training > "Helpful" advice from strangers

Rory

The Centurion

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '12 9:44pm PST 
I've been told by a stranger how to deal with Rory being reactive towards other dogs... He said I should have him near the dog, barking and lunging, and then walk away and treat him she he is calm. Soon he will learn to be calm around the dog...? I just nodded my head while really thinking its an awful idea. Once Rory is wound up, he won't just calm down when we walk away from the dog....

My parents tell me what to do wih him all the time, not exactly advice. They say I should jut let Rory meet our dogs, even though Rory puts his hackles up when he sees them, growls, and stares intensely.... He snapped at Shiloh's face twice the first time we tried to introduce him to her... They say the dogs will work it out, but I know that wouldnt happen.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Nov 30 12:25 pm

Behavior & Training > Saying 'No'

Rory

The Centurion

Barked: Sat Nov 24, '12 11:07am PST 
I don't use the word No. I have taught my dogs Leave it, stay, come, and I'm teaching all of them to come when they hear me blow a whistle.

There are 2 methods I'm familiar with to teach No are just saying it in a low tone, or correcting with prong collar/spanking the dog so they associate No with getting corrected. I don't see how that will help in a dangerous situation. Now, I bet these aren't the only ways to teach No, they're just the only methods I've heard of.

I like using cues like come and leave because my dogs think they're just doing another trick, and they will happily listen to me. They would rather have a positive cue than a negative cue. And if 'leave it' doesn't work, my dogs would block out No just as well.
[notify]
» There has since been 104 posts. Last posting by , Dec 3 5:40 pm

Behavior & Training > Well THAT never hapeened before...
Rory

The Centurion

Barked: Wed Nov 21, '12 9:44pm PST 
They were standing ON the bench?? O.o That's really weird. I guess having a dog that look tough is a good thing. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Nov 22 9:45 am

Behavior & Training > Desperatly need help finding a trainer!

Rory

The Centurion

Barked: Wed Nov 21, '12 9:41pm PST 
Tiller, she is no longer taking clients. Would you happen to know of another dog trainer??
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Nov 22 11:27 am

Rory

The Centurion

Barked: Sun Nov 18, '12 8:51pm PST 
Thanks!! She looks like a great trainer, I'll send her an e-mail later.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Nov 22 11:27 am

Rory

The Centurion

Barked: Sat Nov 17, '12 10:40pm PST 
I've been searching and searching for a POSITIVE dog trainer, and I just can't find one. I could really use some help...

I live in Georgia, I'm looking for a trainer so I can find out why Rory is not getting along with my dogs, and then I'll need help introducing him to my dogs. I can't tell if he is over excited, shy/scared, or aggressive...

I need a trainer anywhere near Peachtree City, Ga. I'm willing to drive, so please list any you know of... Any near Atlanta, and even north like in Canton is fine.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Nov 22 11:27 am

Contests and Vote For Me! > Please vote for Rory!!!
Rory

The Centurion

Barked: Sun Sep 16, '12 9:47am PST 
https://www.webdesignsphoenix.com/ilovemypet/gallery-images/2012sept ember/Rory.jpg.php

Here's a little 'promo' video. http://youtu.be/ZGy7SJuGak8
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Sep 16 9:47 am

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.